Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #89820
View in threaded mode

Subject: "The widebody got fucked" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTOct-11-05 09:04 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#89820, "The widebody got fucked"

So on the way to work today I merge onto the highway and get behind this fucking semi-truck, and all of a sudden I see this big black thing fly from underneath it and what do you know, of coarse it smack the front of my car. I hear something dragging immediately after it hit so I pull over and look. My carbonfiber splitter broke in half, my intercooler has a dent on the bottom of it and the front pieces molded on the bumper cracked. I didnt have a chance to get the fuckers plate #, and he just decided to keep driving away. So I call my insurance company and they file a claim for me and I am setup to get an estimate tomorrow for repairs. I dont think they will cover the aftermarket shit though, such as the intercooler or splitter, and if they dont, im gonna go crazy.

Today was a shitty day of coarse, but I needed to vent!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
jsupetranOct-11-05 09:10 AM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#89822, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 0

Ouch...

New Car:
2004 350z base, Nismo CAI, pioneer avic-n1 (dvd, cd, navi)

Old Car:
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, HID 6000k conversion kit, AEM UEGO wideband, sfmu, ml, prokits, Greddy warning gauges: egt, boost gauge, and oil pressure, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

injendsmOct-11-05 09:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#89823, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 1

almost the same thing happened to my car but you got it a lot worse. i feel your pain man. hope you get it fixed soon.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

eclipse982nrRSTOct-11-05 09:22 AM
6314 posts,
#89825, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 2

Will they cover aftermarket parts do you know?

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

injendsmOct-11-05 09:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#89827, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
Will they cover aftermarket parts do you know?

i dont think your insurance will but i could be wrong. only one way to find out.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

eclipse982nrRSTOct-11-05 09:59 AM
6314 posts,
#89828, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by injendsm
Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST Will they cover aftermarket parts do you know?
i dont think your insurance will but i could be wrong. only one way to find out.

ah for fucks sake. insurance comp's are worthless.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

widebodyeclipseOct-11-05 10:10 AM
Member since Jun 25th 2002
535 posts,
#89830, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 5

sux lil brotha but look on the bright side u coulda totald the car out. that is an easy fix. and the ins company should help pay for some of the aftermarket stuff. probably not replacement cost but put some more in your pocket

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2134181717&mode=slideshow
t3/t4 setup, je pistone, eagle rods,aem cam gears, crane cams, port and polished head w swirl polished valves, avcr, autometer gauges to be installed, kaminari widebody kit shaved rain seals, door handles, tail lights, relocated gas cap, double humped hood, house of kolors candybrandywine 20in weld evo wheels, air ride, custom fiberglass work (dash interior) more to come just not enough time

TeamDR1665Oct-11-05 10:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#89831, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
ah for fucks sake. insurance comp's are worthless.

Give me a break. If you don't want your show car getting fucked up, then don't drive it. Rock chip, bug guts, and the random truck tire are facts of life.

Are you paying insurance on a show car or on a 98 Eclipse? You insured a 98 Eclipse. They are contractually obligated to return your car to stock condition unless you have additional coverage for your cosmetics and engine mods. The insurance company is not worthless because you failed to take appropriate steps to protect your investment.

For fuck's sake indeed.

widebodyeclipseOct-11-05 10:16 AM
Member since Jun 25th 2002
535 posts,
#89833, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 7

wow now was that calld for or even worth the time it took u to type it?
dont be a penis. id be alittle upset if it was my hooptie that was messd up. its all hard earnd money

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2134181717&mode=slideshow
t3/t4 setup, je pistone, eagle rods,aem cam gears, crane cams, port and polished head w swirl polished valves, avcr, autometer gauges to be installed, kaminari widebody kit shaved rain seals, door handles, tail lights, relocated gas cap, double humped hood, house of kolors candybrandywine 20in weld evo wheels, air ride, custom fiberglass work (dash interior) more to come just not enough time

TeamDR1665Oct-11-05 10:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#89835, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by widebodyeclipse
wow now was that calld for or even worth the time it took u to type it? dont be a penis. id be alittle upset if it was my hooptie that was messd up. its all hard earnd money

Yeah yeah. It certainly must suck, but you can't invest $50k into a $15k car and then expect your insurance company to actually pay you $50k to repair it when you're using it like an ordinary car. Gonna have to chalk this one up to live and learn. I have $5,000 coverage just for my engine. You wouldn't leave your new Ferrari sitting in a Wal-Mart parking lot with the keys in it, would you? Why would you bust your ass to make a head-turning show car and then not make damn sure it was protected? A lack of common sense on one person's part does not mean that an entire industry is "worthless." Besides, I'd be willing to be an OEM front bumper, headlights and fender cost more than any widebody kit front clip. It's the value of the labor that will be the hardest to swallow.

CrazyEclipseOct-11-05 10:23 AM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
2503 posts,
#89836, "RE: The widebody got fucked"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by DR1665
Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST ah for fucks sake. insurance comp's are worthless.
Give me a break. If you don't want your show car getting fucked up, then don't drive it. Rock chip, bug guts, and the random truck tire are facts of life. Are you paying insurance on a show car or on a 98 Eclipse? You insured a 98 Eclipse. They are contractually obligated to return your car to stock condition unless you have additional coverage for your cosmetics and engine mods. The insurance company is not worthless because you failed to take appropriate steps to protect your investment. For fuck's sake indeed.

That made me laugh. Its all true tho. Getting a car appraised would alleviate the frustration of only being able to get insurance for the damage on the 98 Eclipse. Instead, it would be the heavily modified Eclipse. Ive been looking into it for some time now, but unfortunatly, it costs big bucks for a fucking piece of paper that prooves that your car is worth X amount of dollars and not just book value. Locally I've found 3 places that would do it, ranging from $400, $500, and $900. I've also heard that some insurance companies appraise vehicles as well, of course for a fee which I have not a clue how much that would be.

Alas, drink a few more beers and feel better.

1998 GS-Turbo KANDY -- For Sale
1999 GS-Non Turbo 10th anniversary Edition

I have been in bed with Dino.....ask me for a picture!

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #89820 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic