Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #39230
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Lowered with a body kit?" Previous topic | Next topic
1great98Jan-23-03 10:37 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2002
112 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#39230, "Lowered with a body kit?"

I have my car lowered 2 inchs and have a body kit on the way, I was just wondering is this a very lethal combo? The front is the vis evo. Is it going to be to low with a body kit? And one last question, will I be able to fit 19's?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
DocWhiplashJan-23-03 10:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
880 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#39232, "RE: Lowered with a body kit?"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm lowered on prokits with a low ass blitz front end and I've only scraped twice and they where very minor. When the car was on the lift I could barely notice. Just be carefull when you drive and you'll be fine. On the 19's you'll have to check with someone else but a few people on here have them.

95 eclipse RS

14.80 @ 94mph with no turbo

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

97_ESiJan-23-03 11:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
788 posts,
#39240, "RE: Lowered with a body kit?"
In response to Reply # 1

I'm lowered with H&R race springs and a blitz front end and have to be really careful. The only way I can do oil changes is do it myself or take it to a place that has a pit (only 2 places in my city). Its low enough that you can't get it up on car lifts or anything!

It all depends though, just be careful always!!! You dont want a $300 dollar bumper down the drain!

-----------------
1997 Eagle Talon ESi
Check out more pictures here: http://mikelaidlaw.tripod.com

MODS
-----
Blitz Front Bumper - Invader Type 1 Side Skirts - 17" Gunmetal Motegi MR7's - Final Drive Gear Mod - H&R Lowering Springs - 97 Eclipse Headlights - Taillight Mods - Interior Colouring/Lighting/Accessories - Stereo - Intake Filter, Plugs and Wires

eklipsdrvr99Jan-23-03 12:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
545 posts,
#39244, "RE: Lowered with a body kit?"
In response to Reply # 2

I'm lowered on coilovers and they are down all the way. With my banshi front end on, it touches the ground, so I have to raise the car up quite a bit to use it. Usually it sits about 2 inches off the ground, and I scrape everywhere. It's kinda something you have to get used to, learning where you can and can't go. But it looks good.

Mike
www.streamlinemotorsportsva.com
http://members.cardomain.com/eklipsdrvr99

ClayJan-23-03 01:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1790 posts,
#39253, "RE: Lowered with a body kit?"
In response to Reply # 3

i have a blitz front being painted. when the front was test fitted, the ground clearance was exactly one fist or 4inches. i'm on prokits and the stock 205/55/16 ninja stars. yeah your gonna be hella low to the ground.

95 GST | So-Cal

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #39230 Previous topic | Next topic