Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #101926
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Wire tuck and engine bay shave?" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
precisionsc54Nov-08-08 02:53 PM
Member since Nov 08th 2008
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101926, "Wire tuck and engine bay shave?"

Anyone do a wire tuck on these cars yet? Im looking to see some pics if anyone has tried it.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
twinvengesNov-08-08 08:04 PM
Member since Aug 25th 2007
74 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101928, "RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?"
In response to Reply # 0

define wire tuck....if you mean the bay is nice and clean , and most wires are wrapped in loom, then im sure there are some on here..lol

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonNov-08-08 08:40 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#101929, "RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?"
In response to Reply # 1
Nov-08-08 08:44 PM by Star Turbo Talon

he is referring to tucking the wires in cavities of the body like you would an old 50's coupe. The use of the term makes me wonder what his age is or the people his father had around during his upbringing......... That is a term i have not heard in a lifetime.

I dont see an introduction thread in the general section but I expect to find one sometiem tomorrow!

eclipse982nrRSTNov-09-08 03:14 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#101931, "RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?"
In response to Reply # 2
Nov-09-08 03:15 AM by eclipse982nrRST

PM taclipse .... he did it.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

azdaveNov-09-08 05:15 AM
Member since Nov 25th 2003
694 posts,
#101932, "RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?"
In response to Reply # 3

At least four people have asked me if I'll be doing a "wire tuck" on the GSX I'm rebuilding so it seems to be a pretty common description for hiding as much wiring and hoses as possible to improve the engine bay cosmetics.

This is by taclipse.

precisionsc54Nov-09-08 11:07 AM
Member since Nov 08th 2008
2 posts,
#101933, "RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?"
In response to Reply # 4

Im a regular on Honda-Tech and that is the term commonly used. Im interested in pics of the wire tuck and engine bay shaved. By shaved I mean all unneeded holes welded and filled shut.

taclipseNov-18-08 09:35 PM
Member since Apr 12th 2004
200 posts,
#101968, "shave"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by precisionsc54
Im a regular on Honda-Tech and that is the term commonly used. Im interested in pics of the wire tuck and engine bay shaved. By shaved I mean all unneeded holes welded and filled shut.

I gave up on shaving the holes. I figured fresh paint and no wires was enough for me!

Warmage12Nov-18-08 09:48 PM
Member since May 24th 2008
168 posts,
#101969, "wire tuck"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
he is referring to tucking the wires in cavities of the body like you would an old 50's coupe. The use of the term makes me wonder what his age is or the people his father had around during his upbringing......... That is a term i have not heard in a lifetime. I dont see an introduction thread in the general section but I expect to find one sometiem tomorrow!

Really??? not tryin to be an ass or call all of you OG's but...

I can't think of even the most riciest guys in the scene not knowing what a wire tuck is...actually that should make you feel younger.

Gotta remeber, trends cycle though generations and whenever they resurface all the young guys think its new...till the OG's show em its not...

I actually have something of an idea that it was a kinda new thing...but a wire tuck in the fifties???? wow. That's some history ed-u-mi-cation for me.

But continue...i wanna do this too while my enigine is still out.

I love my car...
I love Horsepower...
I love reliability...
So why do i own a DSM again?

EDM95Dec-19-08 08:12 PM
Member since Nov 15th 2008
59 posts,
#102040, "RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by azdave
At least four people have asked me if I'll be doing a "wire tuck" on the GSX I'm rebuilding so it seems to be a pretty common description for hiding as much wiring and hoses as possible to improve the engine bay cosmetics. This is by taclipse.

That guy has one of the cleanest dsm's ever man.
Makes me want to keep working on my dsm until it looks like that.

taclipseDec-20-08 04:14 PM
Member since Apr 12th 2004
200 posts,
#102041, "RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by EDM95
Originally posted by azdave At least four people have asked me if I'll be doing a "wire tuck" on the GSX I'm rebuilding so it seems to be a pretty common description for hiding as much wiring and hoses as possible to improve the engine bay cosmetics. This is by taclipse.
That guy has one of the cleanest dsm's ever man. Makes me want to keep working on my dsm until it looks like that.

im flattered! lol take a look at some of the changes:

EDM95Dec-20-08 04:34 PM
Member since Nov 15th 2008
59 posts,
#102042, "RE: Wire tuck and engine bay shave?"
In response to Reply # 9

That is looking real nice man keep up the good work.^
Where is your build thread?

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #101926 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic