Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #11750
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Would it be a bad idea if I..." Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratoreclipzGSTMar-02-04 10:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11750, "Would it be a bad idea if I..."

... installed my turbo and used the stock 450's for now?
The turbo will be here Fri. But the rest of the stuff won't for a week or 2.
EVOIII 16G.
I ordered the turbo,
install kit,
SBR 2.5 o2 housing w/ dump tube
Still waiting on 550's, walbro 190 and S-AFC.
I mean, if there is any risk, I won't, but if I can slap it on and leave the boost down for now, it'll make it easier later when I just have to do just the fuel stuff...

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
superdavesgstMar-02-04 11:25 AM
Member since Jun 22nd 2002
270 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11751, "RE: Would it be a bad idea if I..."
In response to Reply # 0

well with the walbro 190 itll be ok at 15ish all day, i wouldnt use the afc yet, let the puter do the work until you get the injectors, then afc and dyno tuning.
laters

2004 white mach1
k&n fipk,Meziere w/p,mac headers,o/r prochamber, bassani c/b, ported heads&intake,php 3/8" spacer,accel coils & hardcore wires, comp 106400 cams,03 cobra flywheel&clutch,456gear,FR 31spline axles & center diff. steeda shifter & quad adjuster

2001 svt lightning
magnaflow C/B,4lb lower,accufab t.b.,lfp E fan, FR waterpump,punisher VB,obx headers

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratoreclipzGSTMar-02-04 11:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#11752, "RE: Would it be a bad idea if I..."
In response to Reply # 1

ok. cool. I don't mind if it runs a little on the rich side (which the ECU will make it do)
I just wanted to make sure the 450's would be ok for now.
Thanks Dave.

When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

Jarrad_GSTMar-02-04 01:11 PM
Member since Jun 23rd 2002
650 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11753, "RE: Would it be a bad idea if I..."
In response to Reply # 2

Your going to need an safc while on 450cc. I ran that same thing but was scared I might blow my engine b/c I let it boost w/o a boost controller on the stock actuator which is 13-15psi on the Evo16g and once you go above 8psi the 450cc dont give the car enough fuel above that. So my car would sometime buckle at 13psi with 450cc and 255fp.

If I had an safc I could have ran on stock 450cc all day with 13psi-15psi.

So basically with an safc you can do anything w/ 450cc or 550cc.

97' GST(4G63)
Evo 16G Eclipse

ModeratoreclipzGSTMar-02-04 01:43 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#11754, "RE: Would it be a bad idea if I..."
In response to Reply # 3

I know that as soon as I get the turbo, I'm going to want to tear into it.
It will be a week or 2 till I get the o2 housing so I probably should wait so I don't have to pull it all back off again...

Vandy420aMar-02-04 02:29 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#11755, "RE: Would it be a bad idea if I..."
In response to Reply # 4

Yeah I know it sucks, but wouldn't it be easier to just wait and do the O2 housing at the same time?

The SBR housing is really cool, BTW

Vandy

Oh, and as per your request:

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

TeamJeff_99gsMar-02-04 05:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#11756, "RE: Would it be a bad idea if I..."
In response to Reply # 5

Use the SAFC. You will need to with the 450s. Better safe than sorry. I would wait till you have all of the required supporting mods first though!

ModeratoreclipzGSTMar-02-04 06:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#11757, "RE: Would it be a bad idea if I..."
In response to Reply # 6

I know, I know. I just hate waiting. lol.

Jarrad_GSTMar-02-04 06:36 PM
Member since Jun 23rd 2002
650 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11758, "RE: Would it be a bad idea if I..."
In response to Reply # 7

Yah I didnt wait, and now this weekend I have to take off my stock 02 housing and put my ported TRE 2.5 02 housing on after I already installed the turbo kit.

I hope its not too hard to take of the 02 housing w/o taking of the exhaust manifold.

97' GST(4G63)
Evo 16G Eclipse

ModeratoreclipzGSTMar-03-04 10:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#11759, "RE: Would it be a bad idea if I..."
In response to Reply # 8

I found a couple good deals on the trader for FP and injectors. Should have them early next week. I got a brand new, still in the packaging walbro 190 for $80 shipped and a set of RRE's 550 cc injectors for $175 shipped.
Still working out a deal on a S-AFC...

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #11750 Previous topic | Next topic