Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4182
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Finally INstalled Boost Gauge....." 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
BigBaldNov-07-03 05:31 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4182, "Finally INstalled Boost Gauge....."

I am not going past 7 psi in 2nd and third gear. I haven't got on the highway yet but i am thinking i should be hittin at least 10 psi stock. Could this be a result of the HKS BOV?

Thanks

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
ModeratoreclipzGSTNov-07-03 06:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4183, "RE: Finally INstalled Boost Gauge....."
In response to Reply # 0
Nov-07-03 06:37 PM by eclipzGST

could be a little too loose and leaking... I only peak 9 or so psi on my 1G. It will peak at full boost (2500-3000 rpms) and then fall a little towards redline. You might notice higher boost in the lower gears cause it will spool faster and may spike a lil. No biggie...
So how does that new BOV sound?

-Tony
98'GST
92'TSI-AWD

eclipzgst@charter.net
http://eclipzgst.webhop.net
http://www.newengdsm.org/

turboclipz on AIM

"...don't make me photoshop your pants so high that your undies start going over your head, think of it as a kaptainmyke wedgie if you will" -Kap'n Myke

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BigBaldNov-07-03 07:42 PM
2715 posts,
#4184, "RE: Finally INstalled Boost Gauge....."
In response to Reply # 1
Nov-07-03 07:46 PM by BigBald

Well, I haven't installed the intake yet and i am still running on stock UCIP. I was told it will sound much better once i replce these things. I can tell you if feels alot better when i am driving.

Honestly i don't hear nothing and it idles like a champ. I am going to open the BOV alittle more and see what happens. Now i just need to install my mbc. That should be fun.

ModeratoreclipzGSTNov-08-03 08:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#4185, "RE: Finally INstalled Boost Gauge....."
In response to Reply # 2

yeah, I had installed all that stuff at the same time so it made it a little easier.

-Tony
98'GST
92'TSI-AWD

eclipzgst@charter.net
http://eclipzgst.webhop.net
http://www.newengdsm.org/

turboclipz on AIM

"...don't make me photoshop your pants so high that your undies start going over your head, think of it as a kaptainmyke wedgie if you will" -Kap'n Myke

BigBaldNov-08-03 08:26 PM
2715 posts,
#4186, "RE: Finally INstalled Boost Gauge....."
In response to Reply # 3

took her on the highway....

1st about 2 psi
2nd 5 psi
3rd 7psi
4th 9si
5th 10-11 psi

I am new to this but, should i not hit 10 psi in all gears. Forgive the rookie questions.

RemyNov-09-03 06:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#4187, "RE: Finally INstalled Boost Gauge....."
In response to Reply # 4
Nov-09-03 06:57 AM by Remy

Are you going wot in all gears ?

Hello Mr. 12's . How are you today ?

Member # 333

BigBaldNov-09-03 08:03 AM
2715 posts,
#4188, "RE: Finally INstalled Boost Gauge....."
In response to Reply # 5

ok after fixing another problem, I seem to be able to hit at least 7 psi in all gears except first. No i am not going WOT in all gears....

RemyNov-09-03 10:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#4189, "RE: Finally INstalled Boost Gauge....."
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by BigBald
ok after fixing another problem, I seem to be able to hit at least 7 psi in all gears except first. No i am not going WOT in all gears....

You MUST go wot to hit full boost. Thats the only way you can get a reading of what boost your hitting.

Hello Mr. 12's . How are you today ?

Member # 333

soldier101Nov-12-03 09:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3862 posts,
#4190, "RE: Finally INstalled Boost Gauge....."
In response to Reply # 0

gots to push da gas to get da boost

turbo8u: "jiggle jiggle then vroom vroom pshhhh"
-Mike Pruett
2gnt member# 976
MOPAR Stage 2
SRTForums.com member #37 (Yeah, I signed up when it first came out, and ended up getting one, cool huh?)
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

BigBaldNov-12-03 10:43 AM
2715 posts,
#4191, "RE: Finally INstalled Boost Gauge....."
In response to Reply # 8

I finally figured that out. Man, i have a long way to go.......

PowerEclipsesNov-13-03 01:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#4192, "RE: Finally INstalled Boost Gauge....."
In response to Reply # 9

lmao haha

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4182 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic