Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #2860
View in threaded mode

Subject: "New Personal Best Today" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
BigBaldNov-20-04 07:49 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2860, "New Personal Best Today"
Nov-20-04 07:53 AM by BigBald

13.13@102mph

18psi using Sunoco 116 gas.

R/T ... .846
60' ... 1.822
330 ... 5.396
1/8 ... 8.423
MPH ... 82.39
1000 ... 10.964
1/4 ... 13.136
MPH ... 102.83

Mod List for those who haven't seen it:
http://www.illeagle-tsi.net/specs/

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
SilverBullet20gNov-20-04 08:59 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2004
558 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2861, "RE: New Personal Best Today"
In response to Reply # 0
Nov-20-04 09:01 AM by SilverBullet20g

Good Job! What kind of tires/wheels were you using (I'm gussing the same on your homepage)? I just got some nitto drag radials and have been dying to use them. I wish I could go to the track today but they are closed for the year..

(parting out 95 GS)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BigBaldNov-20-04 10:55 AM
2715 posts,
#2862, "RE: New Personal Best Today"
In response to Reply # 1

yeah...some garbage wheels. I think with alittle better tire i cna get that 1.7 60' i am dying for.1.80 is my best 60' to date.

TeamJeff_99gsNov-20-04 11:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#2863, "RE: New Personal Best Today"
In response to Reply # 2

Congrats on the time. How are you tuning?

I only ask because your mods list says you should probably be in the 11's with 116 octane. I am sure you left a few mods out of the list, but I am assuming you have all the correct supporting mods for that turbo. (except you will need much larger injectors to get any real performance out of it.)

I ran 13.2 at 104 on the stock 14b at 18psi on pump gas with the only mods being an exhaust, boost controller, walbro 255 low pressure (the correct one), and an ACT 2600. Just curious.

HybriDSMNov-20-04 11:30 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#2864, "RE: New Personal Best Today"
In response to Reply # 3
Nov-20-04 11:41 AM by HybriDSM

That turbo can get you deep into the 12's without being tuned well and having a rough setup powering it. Something doesn't seem to be adding up here with that time because the 60' is pretty spot on for much better times.

How well tuned are you? Like Jeff mentioned, you'll need bigger injectors without a doubt. Are you breaking up anywhere? Do you have your logs/data on the run?

Congrats on the personal best but that turbo will get you so much farther than it is now if you can track down little issues in the tuning etc. That is a 10 second turbo with the right setup.

Keep getting to the track though. I want to see the slips improve every time

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

FlyinEsiNov-20-04 12:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#2865, "RE: New Personal Best Today"
In response to Reply # 4

He is using DSMlink for his tuning. Plus he used Sunoco 116 gas instead of c16 race gas. Still, he is only running a SMIC rather than a FMIC @ 18psi. I'm guessing he is headsoaking his SMIC and he will do much better once he gets the FMIC put on.

BigBaldNov-20-04 12:49 PM
2715 posts,
#2866, "RE: New Personal Best Today"
In response to Reply # 5
Nov-20-04 12:53 PM by BigBald

Yes....I am running on a SMIC but all other mods are in tact. I use race gas to meake of for the lack of the FMIC which ables me to get the times i want...sort of like a trade off. I wanted to hit 12s on my SMIC but doesn't like like it will happen. I am using DSMLink to tune but the SMIC only allows so much room before i start getting some knock. I am sure once i get a FMIC, i will be deep into the 12s if not 11s. FMIC is coming over the winter break....but i want to dyno the car on this setup to see how much power i am making with my 2g SMIC.

Edit: Sunoco gas sux.....I will stick to VP c16 from now on.

HybriDSMNov-20-04 02:15 PM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#2867, "RE: New Personal Best Today"
In response to Reply # 6

Ah, SMIC. That explains alot. You need that FMIC.

Best of luck and let us know how it all progresses. You have the makings of a monster.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

DSMTunerS95Nov-20-04 07:22 PM
Member since Jul 30th 2003
185 posts,
#2868, "RE: New Personal Best Today"
In response to Reply # 7
Nov-20-04 07:22 PM by DSMTunerS95

Wow not to try to bash you dude but something has got to be up, unless you have the worst tune in the world iuno what the problem is, i went 12.8 @ 104 on 100 octane, 19lbs b16g smic, detonating threw 3rd and 4th cuz of heat soak, 510's and a 2.5'' c-back, stock downpipe and o2, thats just crazy having such an awsome turbo running that time...you have any logs or anything ?

chrysler kidNov-20-04 07:50 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#2869, "RE: New Personal Best Today"
In response to Reply # 8
Nov-20-04 07:58 PM by chrysler kid

theehe ill make you feel worse, i ran the same mph's on my t25 @ 20psi except i ran a 13.8 (fwd wowooo)

uhh yeah on a 3052 you DEFINETLY need a front mount. i was about to suggest a supra smic but right now your just pushing hot air, the smic isnt even doing anything anymore

11.65 @ 115

BigBaldNov-20-04 08:31 PM
2715 posts,
#2870, "RE: New Personal Best Today"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by chrysler kid
theehe ill make you feel worse, i ran the same mph's on my t25 @ 20psi except i ran a 13.8 (fwd wowooo) uhh yeah on a 3052 you DEFINETLY need a front mount. i was about to suggest a supra smic but right now your just pushing hot air, the smic isnt even doing anything anymore

I said that already...lol. MPH will always be greater on a FWD vehicle.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #2860 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic