Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7305
View in threaded mode

Subject: "what kind of intake for gs-t" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
travmeubanksJul-30-06 02:01 PM
Member since May 31st 2006
10 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7305, "what kind of intake for gs-t"

i just purchased a 98' gs-t and i was wondering what type of intake i should buy for it? i have a hks ssq bov on it right now and a apexi exhaust... which nitake runs best with this ?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
Hult250RJul-30-06 02:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7306, "RE: what kind of intake for gs-t"
In response to Reply # 0

if you mean the pipe that goes between the MAF and the turbo theyre all pretty much the same. Im assuming youre running a stock MAF. Dejon Tool makes them as does Injen. Or you can get on ebay and pick one up for 1/3 the cost, All it really is is a tube imo

----------------------------------------

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque
30psi on E85 w/ Borg Warner S256 Turbo

My DSM Registry: http://www.dsmregistry.com/166

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

97eclipse97Jul-30-06 05:32 PM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#7307, "RE: what kind of intake for gs-t"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Hult250R
All it really is is a tube imo

AKA a waste of money. You are new, so I'm sure you will get a break, but do some searching around. BOV's and intake pipes should be the last things on your mod list. (although a 1g bov is a huge improvement) If I did not have the MAF-T setup, I would kept the stock set up. If you are looking for some good first mods, upper intercooler pipe(s), bigger exhaust, boost gauge and controller can go a long way. Do some reading though. And congrats on the purchase

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

ModeratoreclipzGSTJul-30-06 07:37 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#7308, "RE: what kind of intake for gs-t"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by 97eclipse97
Originally posted by Hult250R All it really is is a tube imo
BOV's and intake pipes should be the last things on your mod list. (although a 1g bov is a huge improvement)

Actually, if he raises his boost even a few psi, he should replace the crappy, plastic, stock 2g bov. They leak at anything above stock boost.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Hult250RJul-31-06 12:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
#7309, "RE: what kind of intake for gs-t"
In response to Reply # 3

instead of an intake you could get a upper intercooler pipe thats flanged for your HKS SSQV. Hopefully youre running that recirculated right? If not you should get the kit to recirc. it too.

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque

travmeubanksAug-01-06 05:24 AM
Member since May 31st 2006
10 posts,
#7310, "RE: what kind of intake for gs-t"
In response to Reply # 4

what do you mean by recirculated? i just bought the car literally two days ago... how much you think the upper inner cooling pip is? woud i be better off getting that isntead of the intake?

ModeratoreclipzGSTAug-01-06 08:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#7311, "RE: what kind of intake for gs-t"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by travmeubanks
what do you mean by recirculated? i just bought the car literally two days ago... how much you think the upper inner cooling pip is? woud i be better off getting that isntead of the intake?

Look at your BOV. You'll see a fat tube running back into the intake. That makes the metered air recirculate back into the intake track for a few reasons. It NEEDS to be recirculated! You can search to find out why, but trust me, it does.
IC piping is a good investment. The stock upper pipe gets squashed down to run under the fuse box and causes a restriction. Lower pipe isn't that big of a deal for now but it's made out of rubber and when you start running higher boost, it will flex. An upgraded unit will give you much better throttle response.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

97eclipse97Aug-01-06 12:08 PM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#7312, "RE: what kind of intake for gs-t"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by eclipzGST
Originally posted by travmeubanks what do you mean by recirculated? i just bought the car literally two days ago... how much you think the upper inner cooling pip is? woud i be better off getting that isntead of the intake?
Look at your BOV. You'll see a fat tube running back into the intake. That makes the metered air recirculate back into the intake track for a few reasons. It NEEDS to be recirculated! You can search to find out why, but trust me, it does. IC piping is a good investment. The stock upper pipe gets squashed down to run under the fuse box and causes a restriction. Lower pipe isn't that big of a deal for now but it's made out of rubber and when you start running higher boost, it will flex. An upgraded unit will give you much better throttle response.

Tony is 100% correct, heed his advice. But, as I stated in my post, to give you a decent amount of power, an upper intercooler pipe (search around for one, TONS of places make/sell them) flanged for your BOV, an exhaust and downpipe (the stock is really not even big enough), boost gauge and controller (or do the free mods found on VFAQ) and maybe a new intake filter (and if you must, a new intake pipe, but you will need to make more power before this hurts you). Please do not put too many things on the car that don't make you go fast since you could have just gotten a cheaper (both initial cost and insurance) non-turbo and rice that to the death! The only bit of rice you can find on my car is my weighted Greddy shift knob, but it helps me to shift, so I think it is necessary

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

kelvinb1Aug-01-06 09:10 PM
Member since Apr 06th 2004
1543 posts,
#7313, "RE: what kind of intake for gs-t"
In response to Reply # 7

also if you consider getting an uicp, check out a supra smic and licp for it. these mods will enable your t25 to run a few more psi efficently without being overdone. also consider a new fuel pump, maybe a 190. the supra smic can be had for around 100-200 with the end tank already flipped.

Hult250RAug-02-06 06:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
#7314, "RE: what kind of intake for gs-t"
In response to Reply # 8

very simple advice... Search and research your ass off. Theres soooo much info out there on VFAQ.com and all the "other" DSM sites.
Get your ideas from them and come back here and we'll steer you in the right direction.
And congrads on the purchase, Happy modding! lol

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque

burntheblobsAug-02-06 10:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1445 posts,
#7315, "RE: what kind of intake for gs-t"
In response to Reply # 9

At least your not like me. My first appearance on this board was a conversation with me and another member where I was asking if eclipse's had v8's. I shit you not. Vfaq.com. Your new best friend.

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - SOLD
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7305 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic