Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1398
View in threaded mode

Subject: "'97 GSX 5-speed..." 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
NHH223Aug-25-05 06:56 AM
Member since Apr 20th 2004
161 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1398, "'97 GSX 5-speed..."

My boss came across a '97 GSX 5-speed today.

50K on the car
driven by an older woman (40s-50s)
never beat on
never raced
meticulously maintaned by my shop

The price for me is around $6,000. Should I get it? It's red, with grey interior, factory cd and all, should I do it?

I might love my GS-T, but what about a daily driven 95 GS-T and a built/raced 97 GSX? LOL

Let me know your opinons, if I can't afford this car for any reason, who's first in line to come to my shop and drive away with it?

Thanks guys, Nick

'95 Copper GS-T "Serena" Stage 3 CM Clutch w/alumin flywheel, Injen Intake, Apex'i I/C pipes + Twin Chamber BOV, Defi D-Series Boost + A/F gauges...pushing 17psi!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
slowmitsuAug-25-05 08:44 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1399, "RE: '97 GSX 5-speed..."
In response to Reply # 0

Mint 97 GSX > Your beaner GST

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

FlyinEsiAug-25-05 09:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#1400, "RE: '97 GSX 5-speed..."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by slowmitsu
Mint 97 GSX > Your beaner GST

WIDECLIPSEAug-25-05 09:50 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
#1401, "RE: '97 GSX 5-speed..."
In response to Reply # 2
Aug-25-05 09:51 AM by WIDECLIPSE

It's a 5 speed driven by an old lady? You don't see that everyday. I say go for it. That sounds like a damn good deal. I just hate the grey interior. It's like an eye sore. I got to have black and grey.

-Roman

ModeratoreclipzGSTAug-25-05 11:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#1402, "RE: '97 GSX 5-speed..."
In response to Reply # 3

Why are you even asking us? You should be driving around in your new car by now...

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

NHH223Aug-25-05 11:42 AM
Member since Apr 20th 2004
161 posts,
#1403, "RE: '97 GSX 5-speed..."
In response to Reply # 4

LOL!!!

Alright guys, now here's comes the hard stuff... can I afford it? Or should I just buy it? My GS-T is a piece of junk only sellable for about $2000 if I get it running mint, fix the hatch holes, and so much other crap.

I need credit and really don't have any. A $6,000 loan def. needs some credit. This is gonna happen fast, real fast. We're talking by mid-september I'll be driving the GSX if I want it to happen.

Guys what do I do? I'm gonna hold onto my GS-T to beat on, and race the GSX for real. BUt getting the GSX, the loan, my parents bitching, EVERYTHING!!!

Here's a few things that might affect me financially...

1) My parents haven't said a word to eachother since Sept 22, 2000. They've been trying to finalize the divorce, but my age, and Iraq kinda messed it up and delayed it. At the end of this month, my house might be up for sale. Gonna need a home!

2) I'm 19. I make $400/wk. I have the title to my GS-T, but my dad pays my insurance, come Nov, I gotta get my own insurance policy. What does a 95 Eclipse GS-T and a 97 GSX look like on an insurance policy? $$$$$!!!!

3) Is there any way you guys can think of me having 2 Eclipses? If it's inevitable that the GS-T must be sold to get the GSX, I might consider it, and swap out my mods into the GS-T (being gauges, a-pillar, center console etc...

So can a wicked Japanese kid afford insurance for 2 turbo cars, payments on a GSX and maintenance on a GS-T? And possibly rent and other crap too, but hey I need ideas!

'95 Copper GS-T "Serena" Stage 3 CM Clutch w/alumin flywheel, Injen Intake, Apex'i I/C pipes + Twin Chamber BOV, Defi D-Series Boost + A/F gauges...pushing 17psi!

nordstromAug-25-05 01:13 PM
Member since Aug 15th 2002
161 posts,
#1404, "RE: '97 GSX 5-speed..."
In response to Reply # 5

how bad do you want it?

i just traded in my 97 gst heavily modded for a 98 gsx 100% completely unmolested. had quite a few issues with the gst took a bit of a hit on trade in. but refinaced my loan got rid of some other debt and bought the gsx, also comes with a 2year warrenty!

so yeah i got a slower car, but havent looked back, awd is for me. cant wait for winters here in south dakota. now i have two years while it under warrenty to put it though the paces. also i can plan my upgrades, research, and stock pile parts until then.

the gsx is my third 2gen eclipse, went from a gs to gst. said i would never get rid of the gst, but findin a gsx unmodded in great shape are few and far between. all in all im saving money on payments now, just turned 25 so ins dropped few hundred. 2yr warrenty so it wont nickle and dime me to death like the gst did. i tried to hold onto the gst but couldnt swing it, honestly i could not be happier with the new gsx! this will be my last final eclipse, i hope

FlyinEsiAug-25-05 01:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#1405, "RE: '97 GSX 5-speed..."
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by NHH223
LOL!!! Alright guys, now here's comes the hard stuff... can I afford it? Or should I just buy it? My GS-T is a piece of junk only sellable for about $2000 if I get it running mint, fix the hatch holes, and so much other crap. I need credit and really don't have any. A $6,000 loan def. needs some credit. This is gonna happen fast, real fast. We're talking by mid-september I'll be driving the GSX if I want it to happen. Guys what do I do? I'm gonna hold onto my GS-T to beat on, and race the GSX for real. BUt getting the GSX, the loan, my parents bitching, EVERYTHING!!! Here's a few things that might affect me financially... 1) My parents haven't said a word to eachother since Sept 22, 2000. They've been trying to finalize the divorce, but my age, and Iraq kinda messed it up and delayed it. At the end of this month, my house might be up for sale. Gonna need a home! 2) I'm 19. I make $400/wk. I have the title to my GS-T, but my dad pays my insurance, come Nov, I gotta get my own insurance policy. What does a 95 Eclipse GS-T and a 97 GSX look like on an insurance policy? $$$$$!!!! 3) Is there any way you guys can think of me having 2 Eclipses? If it's inevitable that the GS-T must be sold to get the GSX, I might consider it, and swap out my mods into the GS-T (being gauges, a-pillar, center console etc... So can a wicked Japanese kid afford insurance for 2 turbo cars, payments on a GSX and maintenance on a GS-T? And possibly rent and other crap too, but hey I need ideas!

GST/GSX Insurance is the same...unless you are with a company like All-State, I got a discount for AWD

Can you get a loan? A Bank is going to jump all over this...that car is worth at least 9K, if they don't fund you, they are retarded, in that case, I want the car...I'll buy it, drive out, get it, bring it home, and sell it for 10K here in Phoenix.

Can you have 2 eclipses?? At 19, I'd say HELL NO. Pick one and have fun with it. Get rid of your POS GST while you have the chance and get the X, but watch your budget, you don't want the bank takin' that away from you.

soulcontrollerAug-25-05 03:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#1406, "RE: '97 GSX 5-speed..."
In response to Reply # 7

where is it dude, i want to buy it. PM me please :p

ModeratoreclipzGSTAug-25-05 07:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#1407, "RE: '97 GSX 5-speed..."
In response to Reply # 8

How the hell were you planning on opening a shop if you don't even have enough cash or credit to buy a $6000 car?

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

slowmitsuAug-26-05 06:18 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#1408, "RE: '97 GSX 5-speed..."
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by eclipzGST
How the hell were you planning on opening a shop if you don't even have enough cash or credit to buy a $6000 car?

...and the heavens parted with plain ol' logic falling to earth...

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1398 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic