Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1128
View in threaded mode

Subject: "quick question(s)" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
DSMxCutieApr-21-09 09:11 AM
Member since Sep 27th 2005
21 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1128, "quick question(s)"

alright, i want an eclipse. I cant really drive 5spd that good, but i want a manual. You get more control over the car, and more speed. I dont have much money right now, im still in school and working part time, but i heard that eclipses are cheaper in the winter. basically i wanna know if its easy to learn 5spd, and if eclipses are really cheaper in the winter time.
-Samm

-Samm

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
FlyinEsiOct-26-05 03:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1129, "RE: quick question(s)"
In response to Reply # 0

Probably because a lot of people don't want their little sports cars in the winter anymore. But, if you still want a GSX, which I would suggest over a GST, then they usually go up a little in the winter because of AWD. Anybody can take you out and teach you to drive stick. Don't worry about it. After about 20 minutes in traffic you'll have it all figured out.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BigBaldOct-26-05 04:47 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
#1130, "RE: quick question(s)"
In response to Reply # 1

I didn't learn to drive 5 Speed until I brought my GS. I learned how to drive it as I drove it home....lol.

As fas as being cheaper, get a TSI AWD Talon. You will save hella coin if price is a concern. Personally, I would shoot for a 95 DSM if I were you.

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

Vandy420aOct-26-05 04:48 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#1131, "RE: quick question(s)"
In response to Reply # 1

yeah--and if money is an issue go with a first gen GSX...

not knowing how to drive a manual is no excuse not to get one

You'll ONLY learn if you own one and drive it every day, otherwise you'll just kinda "know" how to do it well enough to fuck up someone else's car if you borrow it. I can't tell you how many people say to me "nah man, its cool, I can drive stick". Not if you don't own one, you can't...

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

ModeratoreclipzGSTOct-26-05 04:18 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#1132, "RE: quick question(s)"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by DSMxCutie
i want a manual. You get more control over the car, and more speed.

You also have the chance to misshift, smoke clutches, loose boost between shifts and break drivetrain parts launching...
How exactly does any of that make you faster??

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

destruckeclipseOct-26-05 04:28 PM
Member since Apr 26th 2004
576 posts,
#1133, "RE: quick question(s)"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by eclipzGST
Originally posted by DSMxCutie i want a manual. You get more control over the car, and more speed.
You also have the chance to misshift, smoke clutches, loose boost between shifts and break drivetrain parts launching... How exactly does any of that make you faster??

Just don't fuck up

'95 GSX - Big16G ~ Leaks, but atleast it runs.

DSMxCutieOct-26-05 04:29 PM
Member since Sep 27th 2005
21 posts,
#1134, "RE: quick question(s)"
In response to Reply # 4

hay, thats what NHH223(nick) taught. i go by what he taught me. but im not saying it from experiance lol. i know its more control though. On my bday me and nick were comming out of the bank, and would have gotten hit if he hadnt shifted and stuff. but i do want to know 5 speed, even if its not wikked fast

ModeratoreclipzGSTOct-26-05 07:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#1135, "RE: quick question(s)"
In response to Reply # 6

hay, thats what NHH223(nick) taught. i go by what he taught me. but im not saying it from experiance lol. i know its more control though. On my bday me and nick were comming out of the bank, and would have gotten hit if he hadnt shifted and stuff. but i do want to know 5 speed, even if its not wikked fast

your money...

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

RemyOct-27-05 08:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#1136, "RE: quick question(s)"
In response to Reply # 6

You trust him when he is the most confused person on this forum lol

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM

FlyinEsiOct-27-05 09:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#1137, "RE: quick question(s)"
In response to Reply # 8

I can't quite contemplate how shifting...and stuff...ever helped me get control of a vehicle, compared to either using the steering, braking, or accelerating. Never shifting... Learn new stuff every day.

BigBaldOct-27-05 12:25 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
#1138, "RE: quick question(s)"
In response to Reply # 9

I have no idea what she just said.......

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1128 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic