Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #46615
View in threaded mode

Subject: "GM will bring back the El Camino ..." 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMay-05-11 01:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46615, "GM will bring back the El Camino ..."

I'm just gonna put this here...

http://jalopnik.com/5798792/gm-will-bring-back-the-el-camino-if-100000-people-comment-on-this-post

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
420agreenvilleSCMay-05-11 01:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46616, "RE: GM will bring back the El Camino ..."
In response to Reply # 0

if facebook wasnt blocked here at work, i'd post the link on my wall

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

2ndGen-ElTalonMay-05-11 04:11 PM
Member since May 26th 2010
88 posts,
#46617, "RE: GM will bring back the El Camino ..."
In response to Reply # 1

NOOO FUCKING WAY!!!!

Sorry dudes, but I'm just shocked. I'd prefer over GM over ford, and an El Camino at that. Just wow, Can't believe they are seriously considering bringing back such a hot piece of ass.

Lets hear some thoughts!

Originally posted by 740TurboBrick

"Dsms run on Gasoline, DSMers run on Alcohol...Id bring a tank to refuel the DSMers..."

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMay-06-11 09:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#46620, "RE: GM will bring back the El Camino ..."
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by 2ndGen-ElTalon
NOOO FUCKING WAY!!!! Sorry dudes, but I'm just shocked. I'd prefer over GM over ford, and an El Camino at that. Just wow, Can't believe they are seriously considering bringing back such a hot piece of ass. Lets hear some thoughts!

I think it'd be awesome, especially if Jalopnik is the driving force behind it.

I hate trucks, but sometimes you just need the utility of a truck bed. it's the best of both worlds; a car, with a truck bed. How can you go wrong?!

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

John99RSMay-06-11 11:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#46621, "RE: GM will bring back the El Camino ..."
In response to Reply # 3

Yeah, that would be sweet! I'm like Dino....hate trucks. A car that's like a truck....much better to me.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

95_ESi_PersonMay-06-11 12:18 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#46622, "RE: GM will bring back the El Camino ..."
In response to Reply # 4

Would it be the Holden Maloo converted left hand steering, just like was done when GM brought the GTO over?

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMay-06-11 02:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#46623, "RE: GM will bring back the El Camino ..."
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by 95_ESi_Person
Would it be the Holden Maloo converted left hand steering, just like was done when GM brought the GTO over?

Probably.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

eclipserstturboMay-06-11 09:16 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2008
281 posts,
#46625, "RE: GM will bring back the El Camino ..."
In response to Reply # 6

I'd like to see some designs of what it would look like though. As drastic of a change they made to the Camaro, the el comino should be pretty sick.

I CONTRIBUTED TO THE WIKI!
ah... turbo. I love the turbo, the boost, the speed, the sound.
and its all better when you do it yourself. cheaper too.

RoninEclipse2GMay-07-11 12:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#46627, "RE: GM will bring back the El Camino ..."
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by 95_ESi_Person

That's what I was thinking.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

ModeratormicyekMay-09-11 09:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#46638, "RE: GM will bring back the El Camino ..."
In response to Reply # 8

Yeah...I think there was a solid plan to bring it back under the Pontiac name plate before the bankruptcy and elimination of Pontiac.

http://www.automotive-center.org/2010/03/25/2011-el-camino-2/#more-17194

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

ModeratorjuanMay-12-11 02:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
#46647, "RE: GM will bring back the El Camino ..."
In response to Reply # 0

Where do I vote to have them not bring it back?

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #46615 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic