Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #42823
View in threaded mode

Subject: "It's 2010. What are your goals for the car? (Any car.)" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Previous topic | Next topic
TeamDR1665Jan-16-10 04:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42823, "It's 2010. What are your goals for the car? (Any car.)"

So what are you fo0z looking to get done with the cars this year? 2GNT, DSM, EVO, Solstice, RX8, whatever. We're car guys. We have things planned, but what, specifically.

GO.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
ModeratortekleinJan-06-10 05:41 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#42824, "RE: It's 2010. What are your goals for the car? (Any car.)"
In response to Reply # 0
Jan-06-10 05:41 PM by teklein

First autocross is in April.

List before:

Ishihara Johnson windage tray/baffle/crank scraper
RM Sways
New ball joints
Fidanza clutch with lightweight flywheel
MAYBE: DG Harness bar

Zing!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamDR1665Jan-06-10 06:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42825, "RE: It's 2010. What are your goals for the car? (Any car.)"
In response to Reply # 1

Nice list, Tim. Starting out with something simpler.

I wonder, are you planning to upgrade both front and rear sways? I'm thinking a beefier rear and stock front might counter understeer, if not make the car more susceptible to oversteer at the limit.

Your thoughts?

I, too, am hoping to get some seat time before April. Personally...

Engine/trans out of 195 in 10 days, off to Precision Chassis Works for final front end repairs, FMIC install by end of January, reassembly and registration in February. Hopefully, I'll have the car road-ready by Feb 15th, when there's a group of nutters from Dirty Impreza going out to an old, Vietnam-era airfield to do some rallyx practice.

Barring that, I'd like to have the car shaken down, buy a helmet, and get the car to SoCal for a rallyx some time in April. (And there's HAMMARS, too.)

ModeratorbullettdsmJan-06-10 07:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#42826, "RE: It's 2010. What are your goals for the car? (Any car.)"
In response to Reply # 2
Jan-06-10 07:05 PM by bullettdsm

Oh crap, let's see;

The NA; get some seat time on the newest set-up. Get the 65mm TB installed. Get the proper cams in there (gotta make 'em somewhere). Get her into the 12's.

The 420a Turbo; Get some full runs in with the current set-up. Switch the W/A pump over to the ignition switch, lol. Fix the tranny. Get into the 10's.

The GSX; fix up the rest of the gremlins. Get her tuned up. Get some tints on her. Run her at the track.

Two "Other" projects;

Build my 420a race tranny, Couple o' few ideas/modfications that I hope will work out. Had them in the head for awhile. Finally getting to them.

Amass parts for, and start assembly of, the ? to 1 engine. Don't know how high I can make it, but we'll see.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

ezJan-06-10 07:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#42827, "RE: It's 2010. What are your goals for the car? (Any car.)"
In response to Reply # 3

Besides washing it, absolutely nothing I just want her to keep running strong.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

RoninEclipse2GJan-06-10 07:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#42828, "RE: It's 2010. What are your goals for the car? (Any car.)"
In response to Reply # 4

I think the starting point would be to have Malachai running. After that I'd like to get him painted

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

420agreenvilleSCJan-06-10 07:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#42829, "RE: It's 2010. What are your goals for the car? (Any car.)"
In response to Reply # 2

approaching round 2 of boosting as much as possible reliably on 93 octane. round 1 I ate a JE piston http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=40459&mode=full

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Hult250RJan-06-10 07:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
#42830, "RE: It's 2010. What are your goals for the car? (Any car.)"
In response to Reply # 6

Well I finally got her dyno tuned on E85 with DSMLink last year, made a couple 11 second passes at the end of the year and put her away.

This year comes...
-Built transmission that will actually go into gear at 8500rpms and not have to try 3 times...

-Scattershield

-Possibly a side exit exhaust with a cutout to go either out the side or out the "regular" exhaust

-Cage it. This one im unsure of due to the fact of I dont know if I want to drive a caged car on the street. Track complained a little bit last year so im still not sure. As I have more power to be gained out of the tune, and hopefully better numbers with the tune and a trans thatll shift using no-lift-to-shift

----------------------------------------

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque
30psi on E85 w/ Borg Warner S256 Turbo

My DSM Registry: http://www.dsmregistry.com/166

TeamDR1665Jan-06-10 08:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#42831, "RE: It's 2010. What are your goals for the car? (Any car.)"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by bullettdsm
Oh crap, let's see; magic magic magic lol magic magic magic

I think we're all looking forward to whatever tricks you've got up your sleeve this year, Mark. If you can drop a full second off your ETs for the next THREE Shootouts in a row - ALL MOTOR - I think everyone here would pony up a grand to just give you for being awesome.

Erik Z's taking the easy way out like the lazy, slacker he is. You know, when Dave sells his green Eclipse, it will be up to you to carry on the LED legacy around here. Way I see it, you've got about 3,628 more LEDs to install in that car.

What's going on with Malachi, Erik P.?

As for you, Mikey, something doesn't quite click. Round 2 of boosting as much as possible reliably implies - at least to me, anyway - that Round 1 was about the same thing. Except, if you nuked a JE in the process, maybe you've learned some valuable lessons. Hope Round 2 is successful and that you can spool that ass all over town without any worry. (The doubts after losing an engine are always the worst, ya know?)

Anybody else?

I think I'd like to see Thura get his Eclipse back together this year. Maybe see Dino survive a dyno session with Big E. Terry just needs to post up wheelie action with the 'Bee.

Moderatorcs82685Jan-06-10 08:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#42832, "RE: It's 2010. What are your goals for the car? (Any car.)"
In response to Reply # 7
Jan-06-10 08:12 PM by cs82685

Evo:
Pick up some hawk HT10's for the front (for track use).
Refinish the evo8 wing I just picked up (sand it down to all carbon fiber and reclear)
Hopefully spend a weekend at Thunderbolt
Maybe also spend a weekend at Pocono
Maybe a larger rear sway bar and/or a second set of rims/tires for the track
Probably will need a new timing belt by the end of the year

Eclipse:
Sell the turbo kit and return to stock
Sell the car
Sell all spare parts
Use some of the proceeds to hopefully fund the above plans for the evo

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

95_ESi_PersonJan-06-10 09:06 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#42833, "RE: It's 2010. What are your goals for the car? (Any car.)"
In response to Reply # 9

Get the Eclipse in good working order to make it to the shootout (don't want to show up in a Trailblazer).

-Adjustable cam gears to get the timing just right
-UDP to replace my bad stocker
-Tie rod ends
-lateral and compression control arms and upper ball joints
-tires
-brakes
--- if I get a tank of CO2 or CO2/Argon, patch the strut towers (no holes yet... but close) **** may be next year when fixing a couple of small dents and dings (not sure how it got one on its roof?)****
-get a set of license plates

And of course since this hasn't occurred in at least 2 years, a nice wash and wax.

Trailblazer.... new windshield

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #42823 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Previous topic | Next topic