Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48461
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Just got home from Norwalk" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
740 turbo brickAug-19-12 09:24 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48461, "Just got home from Norwalk"

Another year the shootout has come and gone, as well as the summer. Definately had a good time, although I did miss alot of Saturdays track action due to my 8 month pregnant GF missing a step on the grandstand and nearly breaking her ankle...So after a trip to the Hospital, X-rays, 10 doctors, we got out of there with a bad sprain and went back to the campground. Didnt end up getting to the track Sunday until about 3:30, so I missed a good deal of the action there too, but what I saw was still worth going.

It was good meeting/talking to those of you that I could while I was at the All American. Unfortunately I had to put the car on the trailer early Sunday, because the few passes down the track I did plus the toolbagging around town worked my flexplate/clutch bolts loose (again) and rather than risking more damage to the flexplate, I just put it on the trailer and drove the Powerstroke home.

Cant wait for next year, and hopefully come this spring my car will come out of the garage a whole different car, and ready to fuck shit up at the shootout next year.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
TeamDR1665Aug-19-12 10:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48462, "RE: Just got home from Norwalk"
In response to Reply # 0

Tell your 8 month pregnant GF that my 7 month pregnant wife, who has also been out on those blazing hot grandstands, considers her a real trooper just for being there. Hope the next month goes well for you guys.

Now where all the Shootout pics? The twitters are silent.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Wes TankAug-19-12 11:22 PM
Member since Oct 13th 2006
214 posts,
#48463, "RE: Just got home from Norwalk"
In response to Reply # 1

Saw you run a few times and driving around town. Looked pretty decent.

TeamJeff_99gsAug-20-12 12:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#48464, "RE: Just got home from Norwalk"
In response to Reply # 2

What an incredible time. Easily one of my favorite Shootouts so far. Good times.

740 turbo brickAug-20-12 05:59 AM
831 posts,
#48465, "RE: Just got home from Norwalk"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Wes Tank
Saw you run a few times and driving around town. Looked pretty decent.

Ha thanks. Its not the cleanest 2g but she doesnt look bad. I wasnt able to best my 14.6 run, but I got 4 runs in and ran a 14.94@ 92 mph, which is my fastest trap yet. That track is awesome, nothing but traction.

186 WHP - 150 WTQ

740 turbo brickAug-20-12 06:02 AM
831 posts,
#48466, "RE: Just got home from Norwalk"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by DR1665
Tell your 8 month pregnant GF that my 7 month pregnant wife, who has also been out on those blazing hot grandstands, considers her a real trooper just for being there. Hope the next month goes well for you guys. Now where all the Shootout pics? The twitters are silent.

Thank you, I will relay the message. I felt kinda bad, Sunday she was on crutches so she said she would sleep in the truck at the track while we watched the races. She was alright with it though.

186 WHP - 150 WTQ

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneAug-20-12 10:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#48467, "RE: Just got home from Norwalk"
In response to Reply # 5

I'm sitting at the airport in Cleveland. I'm not feeling so hot. I just burped cherries. Ugh.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

TeamDR1665Aug-20-12 10:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#48468, "RE: Just got home from Norwalk"
In response to Reply # 6

Death Cherries?

Been there. Done that. Andrew is a bad, bad man.

ModeratorxcasbonxAug-20-12 02:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#48469, "RE: Just got home from Norwalk"
In response to Reply # 7

Got home a couple hours ago. Drive back was pretty smooth.

And yes the death cherriEs were atrocious.

I contributed to the Wiki.

ModeratorbullettdsmAug-20-12 03:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#48470, "RE: Just got home from Norwalk"
In response to Reply # 8

Great to see all again. Just too much to do and too many people to see in such a little amount of time. But (as usual) had a blast!).

Got shakedown runs in with the 16 to 1 until I tried to put the broken tranny to work. Then I had a broken, broken tranny (but that did test the rpm range of the engine build and she passed, lol).

Already starting to get ready for next year........

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

JoshDSMAug-20-12 05:30 PM
Member since Aug 29th 2010
69 posts,
#48471, "RE: Just got home from Norwalk"
In response to Reply # 9

The shootout should be a week long event! So everyone can meet/talk/hangout with another.

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48461 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic