Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48100
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Someone broke into my car :(" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
jdm1990Apr-03-12 10:27 AM
Member since Jun 19th 2010
76 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48100, "Someone broke into my car :("

Yep, first time ever that I have had a car broken into and it sucks. They got my a-pillar with all 3 of my autometer phantom gauges, my cheap ass pioneer radio, and my megaviewer that I just bought off of Dave :/ I didn't even get a chance to wire it in, that was suppose to be done the middle of this month. It's funny that for 3 years I never locked my cars in Tampa and my car has been in Houston for under 3 weeks and this happens. I'm already over the situation (mostly haha). The car can still drive (I hope), i'll just have to touch up some of the wiring that got all ripped out. But it's principal, don't go around stealing peoples shit, get a job. I struggle to make ends meet but I don't go stealing peoples crap. My buddy chris was making a joke tho that the people probably have no idea what the megaview is so it'll probably just get thrown away, sad but probably true. Well, this is my random story/rant, figured i'd share

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
FotowntalonApr-03-12 11:11 AM
Member since Aug 09th 2009
350 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48101, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 0

It sucks, happened a lot with my old car. A few attempts with my DSM, but I learned my lesson. Never keep anything in the car. Faceplate always off the CD player. if you break in, you better have a ratchet to get the seats, because that's all you are getting.

97 Talon ESi 14.943@91.35MPH N/A!
"If you need someone to provide an itemized build of materials and a flowchart to walk you through every build-related question you will need to answer at each step of the process, you shouldn't be playing with cars. "-Driggs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Nero95Apr-03-12 01:50 PM
Member since Jan 25th 2012
5 posts,
#48102, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 0

Move ASAP, man. I lived in Houston for three years and had a turbo stolen out of the tool box of my truck, an enclosed trailer with a drag bike, pit bike, and a bunch of nitrous bottle and tools, and a 2003 dodge ram stolen from the parking lot of the theatre less than a mile from my house. Houston has a crime rate from hell. I hate that place

740 turbo brickApr-03-12 02:24 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#48103, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 2

Did you leave your doors unlocked? If you did, at least they didnt break your window. Ive had mine broken out twice. Shitty feeling. But I have my flipout bolted down and chained to the chassis behind the heater controls, so they can break my window and get it, but they wont get that dvd player out. I think next im gonna try the razorblades behind the head unit trick. Heard good results from that.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

2ndGen-ElTalonApr-03-12 02:39 PM
Member since May 26th 2010
88 posts,
#48104, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by 740 turbo brick
I think next im gonna try the razorblades behind the head unit trick. Heard good results from that.

It works. I have personally done it, someone tried to take out a "nicer" pioneer head unit I had in my old truck, fortunately enough the previous owner stuck 3 razorblades back there. Came out to a broken window & my deck sticking out the dash halfway, blood all over the console & player.

I couldn't figure it out at first, until I started putting it back in, catching on the razorblades. Took it out the right way & found those wedged in between. Sure as shit stopped the guy though.

Try it out. Jeff.

Originally posted by 740TurboBrick

"Dsms run on Gasoline, DSMers run on Alcohol...Id bring a tank to refuel the DSMers..."

ModeratorbullettdsmApr-03-12 03:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#48105, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 4

+1 on the Megaviewer. They'll just end up tossing it. "Hey this isn't a TV".

Sucks

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

JoshDSMApr-03-12 08:20 PM
Member since Aug 29th 2010
69 posts,
#48106, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 5

Fill me in on the razor blade trick

740 turbo brickApr-03-12 09:03 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#48107, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 6

Not sure on how to fix them in position, but basically you put razor blades behind and around inside where your Cd player goes, so when said douche bag attempts to rip your shit out in an adrenaline filled theivery, he cuts the fuck out of his hands, hopefully doing some serious damage. Stories of it working usually end up something like, walk up to the car seeing glass broken, look inside the car to find the CD player moved, but in place, and a lot of blood in the area around your car.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

420agreenvilleSCApr-03-12 09:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#48108, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 7

shoulda had Magnavolt...

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Babbz413Apr-03-12 11:10 PM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
260 posts,
#48109, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 8

Razor blades huh? How about a hand grenade tucked behind the deck with a ziptie attached to the pin? Thief goes to rip deck out, pulls pin, problem solved. They wont do that again.

95 GS Boosted

Nero95Apr-04-12 05:03 AM
Member since Jan 25th 2012
5 posts,
#48110, "RE: Someone broke into my car :("
In response to Reply # 9

That would be one less douch in the world.. But also one less car and I doubt anyone really wants to blow their car up. Haha

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48100 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic