Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #34051
View in threaded mode

Subject: "This car...may be over." 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTJun-22-08 04:07 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34051, "This car...may be over."

Yup, its true. The day may come. The widebody 'could' be up for sale.
Reason being:

Saturday, had the car up at our shop tuning the Megasquirt. Got a decent cruise tune down, cruised around town for about 3 hours in it, running pretty decent, not 100% but decent for our first time screwing around with megasquirt. Anyway, we decided to give it a pull to see how our numbers would look in boost.

We give it one pull in 2nd gear, only at 10psi, and it pulled hard as holy fuck. Surprisingly, AFR was 11.8. Little rich, but not bad at all given the circumstances.

So, what hapened when we did this pull? Well, my car has leaked oil for the passed 2 years when we rebuilt the motor, because honestly, I think we used the wrong oring between the bedplate and block. Oil leaks from right above the oil filter, and its not the crank sensor, so given, it should be that oring.

Anyway, we had a huge puddle of oil on top of the motor and on the back of the block leaking by the tranny. The back of block leaks appears to be coming directly out of the oem oil pressure sender. Ah not too worried about that, that thing has a tendency to leak on everyone, comes right out of the pigtail side of the sensor, so I planned on just completely removing that sensor anyways, since I have a seperate oil pressure gauge and that stupid sensor always seems to leak on me no matter what I try.

So how about all that oil that BLEW out of the breater that I had on the side of the valve cover? It blew right through that little filter too. Either A, I just have a bad PCV valve and I should upgrade that thing anyway to a turbo check valve and run a catch can, or B, I possibly blew a ring or cracked a ring land.

Now, I will run a compression test tomorrow when I get back to work, but I am saying it right now, if its the rings and I have low compression on one of the cylinders, the car will be on ebay, No if ands or butts. I dont have the patience anymore for that shit. I have replaced the total seal rings once with JE's and I am NOT doing it again.

If indeed thats the problem, for sure, its being sold and I am either going to buy another cheap 2GNT and just start over from scratch or I am going to get a GSX, but I highly doubt that since I like to build the 420a's and thats the only motor I know about besides all of our GM motors. I could build a nice SS Cobalt, but i dont have the extra $$$ to dump into one of those. I would like to find a cheap 2g with like 100k miles and just completely rework the mother fucker ya know.

So, time will tell and time is ticking until tomorrow!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJun-22-08 04:25 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34052, "RE: This car...may be over."
In response to Reply # 0

you make no sense......i wont fix my car but i will buy another and spend 3x the cash to build that one. Your an idiot Mike! A spoiled little shit. Dig your head out of your ass and fix it. Fuck it, build a 2.4 for it. The sun doesn't shine up the same hogs ass everyday....remember that.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse982nrRSTJun-22-08 04:32 AM
6314 posts,
#34053, "RE: This car...may be over."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
you make no sense......i wont fix my car but i will buy another and spend 3x the cash to build that one. Your an idiot Mike! A spoiled little shit. Dig your head out of your ass and fix it. Fuck it, build a 2.4 for it. The sun doesn't shine up the same hogs ass everyday....remember that.

You are right, I dont make any sense. But it has been one thing after the other with this fucking thing and I am tired of it.

If its a ring, it could be a gonner.

Unless someone is willing to come down and help me yank the motor out, It will probably be sold.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

foggy45Jun-22-08 04:40 AM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#34054, "RE: This car...may be over."
In response to Reply # 1

trade ya mine straight across
i think mine has 108k, but i can double check if you really want

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

burntheblobsJun-22-08 05:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1445 posts,
#34056, "RE: This car...may be over."
In response to Reply # 3

I totally understand, but like everyone said, you'd be an idiot to trade your car for another dsm. If your sick and tired or maintaining a car like that, then get something more reliable.

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - SOLD
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

eclipse982nrRSTJun-22-08 06:27 AM
6314 posts,
#34057, "RE: This car...may be over."
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by burntheblobs
I totally understand, but like everyone said, you'd be an idiot to trade your car for another dsm. If your sick and tired or maintaining a car like that, then get something more reliable.

I am not worried about a reliable car, I have a daily driver.

Problem is, seems like everytime I try to drive this hog, something goes wrong and it costs more and more money.

Yes, I know, thats all part of having a car like this, shit happens all the time and you just gotta keep forking it out.

I guess I am just frustrated, spent all winter rebuilding shit and getting it ready for big numbers this year, finally get it going and something else happens, more down time.

I guess I should just take it in the ass if it is indeed a blown ring, and just fix the other oring leak at the bedplate while its out and then have no more worries huh. I would be stupid to just sell something that I have millions of hours and sweat into just because of a $200 part that went bad. Who knows, it may not even be a ring, could just be im building too much pressure in the valve cover and pushed out all the oil out of the valve cover.

I am going to either get a turbo check valve/pcv in there and run a catch can, or just cap off the hose going to the valve cover, and cap off the valve cover itself to elimate any pressure from the intake manifold going into the valve cover period. I have two options there to choose from.

God I am hoping its not the rings though

I am also just going to elimate the stock oil pressure sender, I swear, it seems as if oil blew right through the sensor and right out of the harness end of that sender, if that is the case, which I think I have indeed read about on here before hapening, I will just cap that fucker off since I do have a seperate oil pressure gauge.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

djtrickeeJun-22-08 06:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#34058, "RE: This car...may be over."
In response to Reply # 5

Sell it.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

totaleklipse97Jun-22-08 09:16 AM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#34059, "RE: This car...may be over."
In response to Reply # 6

ha the 2gnt dyno curse! Told ya..

sorry but ya know it happens to most people here. At some point they get sick of dealing with the car and want to sell it. Don't, just keep it on the back burner for a while and you will come back around to it. Some of us just take longer than others.

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

eclipse982nrRSTJun-22-08 10:28 AM
6314 posts,
#34060, "RE: This car...may be over."
In response to Reply # 6
Jun-22-08 12:50 PM by eclipse982nrRST

Originally posted by djtrickee
Sell it.

http://imageshack.us>
[/

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

djtrickeeJun-22-08 12:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#34061, "RE: This car...may be over."
In response to Reply # 8
Jun-22-08 01:28 PM by djtrickee

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
Originally posted by djtrickee Sell it.
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTb_qutV5ICD4BNAKjzbkF/SIG=126ae3ead/EXP=1214252846/**http%3A//

Internet FAIL.

Edit:
Is that your Megasquirt tuner?

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

TeamDR1665Jun-22-08 02:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#34062, "RE: This car...may be over."
In response to Reply # 9

Seriously. All that money and effort into things and you know you're missing the bedplate o-ring? C'mon, Mike.

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #34051 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Previous topic | Next topic