Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #30515
View in threaded mode

Subject: "How did you find 2gnt?" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Previous topic | Next topic
Moderatorcs82685Jan-04-08 05:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30515, "How did you find 2gnt?"

Random thought popped in my head, but I was curious, how did everyone come across 2gnt?

Myself, I was looking for pictures of eclipses to use as a screensaver. I didn't even know what a forum was until I found this site and tuners. I registered at tuners forgot all about it, found this site and found the shit ton of information on it regarding boosting our cars and fell in love. The whole concept of a forum was new to me and I became addicted reading threads all day and night learning about anything I ever wondered about doing to these cars. Prior to that I knew of hahn and wanted to boost the car, but it came much sooner and at a much cheaper cost than it would have without the help of 2gnt.

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
totaleclipse_05Jan-04-08 05:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30517, "RE: How did you find 2gnt?"
In response to Reply # 0

I came across 2GNT trying to find sites that had info about mods on the non-turbo eclipses. First forum I ever signed up for.

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

totaleklipse97Jan-04-08 07:23 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#30520, "RE: How did you find 2gnt?"
In response to Reply # 1

I was referred here by other forums for eclipses.. I was on other forums for a few months before I even got the car. Unfortunately I didn't sign up here until about 6 months after I got my car. I read a bunch of threads but it didn't strike me to sign up for a while. So pretty much everyone knows this is the place to go for tech info with a 2g n/t and they let me know that.

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

TeamDR1665Jan-04-08 08:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#30521, "RE: How did you find 2gnt?"
In response to Reply # 2

I think it was back in 99 one day, I was using a computer at work to see if I couldn't find ideas for how to make my Talon faster. I found the go-fast pages and printed them (since I had no computer at the time). Wish they had a date on them, as I've still got those first pages to this day.

I actually got my own computer and joined just before the stars went away. (Wish we still had them.)

goalie40Jan-04-08 08:55 PM
Member since Sep 12th 2005
431 posts,
#30522, "RE: How did you find 2gnt?"
In response to Reply # 3

I trolled around evolutionm.net someone had a link to a forum post here then the rest is history.

now i look here everyday
at work
at home
on the road (thanks Iphone)

We will build you bigger and stronger

Wake up and drive my ass... More like wake up and fix it.

If the opposite of Pro is Con
then the opposite of Progress is Congress

ModeratorbullettdsmJan-05-08 01:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#30525, "RE: How did you find 2gnt?"
In response to Reply # 4
Jan-05-08 01:05 AM by bullettdsm

Interesting question. Would be curious to see which forums people got sent from. I was turned on to 2gnt by my local; CCDSM. Basically they laughed at me when I posted up about my non turbo compact car and sent me here.

The laughter turned......

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

DirtMegirtJan-05-08 01:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
205 posts,
#30526, "RE: How did you find 2gnt?"
In response to Reply # 5

Back in April of '99, right after I bought my car, I was looking around for info on it. I came across dsm.org. Even though I didn't have a turbo, I read every thread posted to the talon digest. In one post, juan mentions his non-turbo and this site. Been here ever since.

DirtMegirt
Wiki Contributor

ScreaminEJan-05-08 03:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
#30527, "RE: How did you find 2gnt?"
In response to Reply # 6

I found this site looking for info on the rear drum to disk conversion on Tuners. I was getting so frustrated with so little info on the 420a compared to the 4g63. Someone told me to try this site and I did!

95talonesiboyJan-05-08 04:06 AM
Member since Sep 08th 2007
55 posts,
#30528, "RE: How did you find 2gnt?"
In response to Reply # 7

I saw a 2gnt decal on a white eclipse a while ago and yahoo searched it!

Fallen4ng31Jan-05-08 04:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#30529, "RE: How did you find 2gnt?"
In response to Reply # 8

I was having some issues with my RS right after I got her. Google FTW.

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

cc8ballaJan-05-08 04:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
451 posts,
#30532, "RE: How did you find 2gnt?"
In response to Reply # 9

I was actually on Team-2g. Then I followed a link in Brian's sig that simply said "Answers".

Been here since.

Jason|1997 Eclipse RS

I contributed to the wiki!

happy p'ple

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #30515 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Previous topic | Next topic