Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6565
View in threaded mode

Subject: "why is my steering wheel shaking???" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
1TuffRSFeb-08-02 01:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6565, "why is my steering wheel shaking???"

OK, my steering wheel has started shaking recently, well atleast its gotten to the point where something needs to be done. Well anyway it starts getting bad around 70mph and starts to ease up around 80. I pushed it today to about 115 and it was smooth as silk. So is my alignment fucked or what??? Please help

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
Amish_EclipseFeb-08-02 01:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6566, "RE: why is my steering wheel shaking???"
In response to Reply # 0

yeah sounds like alignment. if you go in for a rotation anywhere ask them to put your wheels on a spin balancer and check for bends

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

John99RSFeb-08-02 01:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#6567, "RE: why is my steering wheel shaking???"
In response to Reply # 1

Mine does the exact same thing at the same speed as yours and my allignment is perfect. I'll probably go in for a balance though.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

randyFeb-08-02 02:43 PM
Old School 2GNTer
662 posts,
#6568, "RE: why is my steering wheel shaking???"
In response to Reply # 2

Your tires need balancing, not alignment.

96 RST: Star Performance stag
05 scion xb: bolt ons
92 nissan 240sx
07 toyota sienna

pn0ymahalFeb-08-02 06:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#6569, "RE: why is my steering wheel shaking???"
In response to Reply # 3

yah they need to be balanced! also check for bends in the rim it can cause that also
Michael 99gs- hrc stage 2

Michael
99gs hrc stage 5000 SOLD...
2004 Honda Accord V6 (240 hp)stock
what other car should i buy?? hmmm
Car info & pictures at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/520269

cucumberFeb-09-02 04:13 PM
Member since Feb 05th 2002
592 posts,
#6570, "RE: why is my steering wheel shaking???"
In response to Reply # 3

>Your tires need balancing, not alignment.

Yup, that would be the problem.

"i want a turbo that gets full boost (35psi) at 2500rpms, and will make about 490hp to the wheels and make my greddy type blow off valve louder than jet airplanes

UFOFeb-09-02 10:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
87 posts,
#6571, "RE: why is my steering wheel shaking???"
In response to Reply # 0

Wheel balance anyway .......

Savannah, GA

ModeratorEvuLFleAFeb-09-02 04:18 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#6572, "RE: why is my steering wheel shaking???"
In response to Reply # 6

Obviously nobody balanced your new rims/tires

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Dave_FLFeb-10-02 01:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3317 posts,
#6573, "RE: why is my steering wheel shaking???"
In response to Reply # 7

That can also happen if your tires are worn unevenly.

Dave
05 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4

MannyyyFeb-10-02 02:34 PM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
1526 posts,
#6574, "RE: why is my steering wheel shaking???"
In response to Reply # 8

Are you on stock shocks?
My whole front end used to shake once over 40mph and it turned out to be a blown shock on the front passenger side.

-Manny

1TuffRSFeb-11-02 12:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#6575, "RE: why is my steering wheel shaking???"
In response to Reply # 9

yeah im on stock shocks, but if it were blown would it stop shaking over 80 still??

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6565 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic