Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22209
View in threaded mode

Subject: "True Coilover Question" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
SilverRSFeb-02-04 12:41 PM
Member since Aug 03rd 2003
274 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22209, "True Coilover Question"

I was wondering if it was really worth getting them. I can get the basic set up springs and shocks/struts for not too much. Is it really going to worth the extra money to do them? Also where is a good place to by cheap and realiable ones? As far as I know it is the Tein basic system which is pretty expensive $650. I don't have too much money so I would like to hear your input before I spend my money.

Thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
SkrillaFeb-03-04 06:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22223, "RE: True Coilover Question"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by SilverRS
I was wondering if it was really worth getting them. I can get the basic set up springs and shocks/struts for not too much. Is it really going to worth the extra money to do them? Also where is a good place to by cheap and realiable ones? As far as I know it is the Tein basic system which is pretty expensive $650. I don't have too much money so I would like to hear your input before I spend my money. Thanks

Yes they are worth it get them, I wish other things didn't hold my priority other wise I'd upgrade from my heavier ground control slipover/adjustable coils/illumia shocks to some high quality Tein with remote control

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ShockeclipseFeb-04-04 07:52 AM
Member since May 18th 2003
2139 posts,
#22252, "RE: True Coilover Question"
In response to Reply # 1
Feb-04-04 07:52 AM by Shockeclipse

Definately worth it

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war; our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very , very pissed off"

Originally posted by turbo8u
every time i get in it and start it up im like 'oh...yea, you know why you just started right there bitch? because i built you...yea...you like it dont you, yea and you're about to take this boost like a bitch too arent you

BuckNuttyFeb-04-04 08:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#22254, "RE: True Coilover Question"
In response to Reply # 2

mmmm...can't wait to get mine on now. They are definately worth the money...figure it like this...You spend like $500 on a good coil over and adjustable strut combo. These struts are 100 times better then what you jus picked out, same as the coil overs. Plus everything is MORE adjustable and will provide a much better ride. To top it off, they are only like $300 more.

injendsmFeb-04-04 08:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#22255, "RE: True Coilover Question"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by BuckNutty
only like $300 more.

300 isnt pocket change for everyone.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

BuckNuttyFeb-04-04 08:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#22258, "RE: True Coilover Question"
In response to Reply # 4
Feb-04-04 08:56 AM by BuckNutty

it isn't for me either...but a $300 gap between teh best and so so is something worth thinking about IMO

EDIT: The basic system is still awesome shiznit and that is only about $150 more then a seperate setup...not bad IMO

injendsmFeb-04-04 09:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#22260, "RE: True Coilover Question"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by BuckNutty
it isn't for me either...but a $300 gap between teh best and so so is something worth thinking about IMO EDIT: The basic system is still awesome shiznit and that is only about $150 more then a seperate setup...not bad IMO

that is true. instances like that are when you realize that you get what you pay for.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

BigBaldFeb-04-04 11:37 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
#22263, "RE: True Coilover Question"
In response to Reply # 6

my new basics: $685 shipped

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

ToTaLEkLyPz99Feb-04-04 01:41 PM
Member since Jan 30th 2002
1282 posts,
#22265, "RE: True Coilover Question"
In response to Reply # 7
Feb-04-04 01:42 PM by ToTaLEkLyPz99

which one is better..the teins or the hayame full coilover kit this is what they said about the hayame kit..This setup uses 3 locknuts as opposed to 2. What does that mean for you? With most coilovers, the lower you go, the worse the ride. That is because with coilovers like Tein and other brands, you adjust the spring perch (the part the spring sits on) to lower your car. When you lower your car, you are compressing the springs and shocks at the same time which adds stress on them. With the Hayame coilovers, you are not adjusting the perch, but actually the length of the strut. This allows the shock to retain full stroke and gives you the same ride at 2" as you would get at full height. or the tein basic coilover kit??i really want a nice ride so please help me out...

a_miller_76Feb-04-04 02:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#22266, "RE: True Coilover Question"
In response to Reply # 8

how can you adjust the length of a strut without changing the suspension travel? Post a picture.

ToTaLEkLyPz99Feb-04-04 03:13 PM
Member since Jan 30th 2002
1282 posts,
#22267, "RE: True Coilover Question"
In response to Reply # 9

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33582&item=2457229372

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22209 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic