Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #532
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Question about camber kits???" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
MYBISHIJan-27-01 06:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
46 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#532, "Question about camber kits???"

I've heard that i will need a camber kit on my eclipse if drop it with Eibach Pro-kits ( 1.3" ). But someone else told me that i wouldn't need them unless I went lower than 1.5" . I'm not sure what to do.

-MYBISHI

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
cyanJan-27-01 06:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#533, "RE: Question about camber kits-kinda urgent"
In response to Reply # 0

I was jsut about to post a camber kit question. about yours, you will need the rear kit but not the front kit. my question is regading front camber kits
does anyone who has coilovers use a front kit, i want my car about 2.5-3" dropped in teh front all the time so i will need the front kit. which ones are you guys using? i saw RRE and Extremes kits but i need ot know what amount of adjustment in degrees your kits offer. what negative degree are you guys getting before the camber kit in front and at what drop level?
thanks
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

trickedeclipseJan-28-01 12:54 AM
Old School 2GNTer
438 posts,
#534, "RE: Question about camber kits-kinda urgent"
In response to Reply # 1

If you are going to slam your car at three inches, your front camber will be off (at least) 2 degrees. I don't think there is even a camber kit to correct that much in the front. at 2" where i "normally" drive my car, the camber is off 1.10 degrees.

1996 Talon Esi - Eclipse rear end

-PJ
'96 ESI-NOS Talon / '02 Subaru WRX

"Making Dreams Reality"

cyanJan-28-01 10:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#535, "RE: Question about camber kits-kinda urgent"
In response to Reply # 2

the factory reccomendation is -1 degree in the front though, so is yours 1.1 degrees past that (-2.1) or is it just .1 past the factory spec?

Teameclipse804Jan-29-01 08:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#536, "RE: Question about camber kits-kinda urgent"
In response to Reply # 3

I believe I heard that the front factory settings is 0 degrees, and rear is -1 for camber. Can anyone verify that?

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

eclipse_gsJan-29-01 09:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
36 posts,
#537, "RE: Question about camber kits-kinda urgent"
In response to Reply # 1

Ingalls makes front camber kits that offer 3 degrees of correction. So far I just have the rear camber kit from ingalls. Coil overs dropped me a bit over an inch and a half.

Islndr01Feb-12-01 08:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1 posts,
#538, "RE: Question about camber kits???"
In response to Reply # 0

YES!!! You need a camber kit especially in the rear. Given I dropped my car with Sportlines. I thought I would wait a couple of weeks to put my kit on, well to make a long story short I have to buy a brand new set of 18" tires.Im used the GSR(Gran Slam Racing)Camber Kit Front and Rear. Their #925-484-1118.I live in Cali so my shop just ordered it.I would suggest installing your camber kit then get a four wheel alignment.Hope this helps dont learn the hard way.

TrishasTalonFeb-12-01 09:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
284 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#539, "RE: Question about camber kits???"
In response to Reply # 6

My rear was off 2.5 degrees so it is possible
Trisha
TrishasTalon@msn.com
http://communities.msn.com/AStreetRacersDream

cyanFeb-12-01 11:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#540, "RE: Question about camber kits???"
In response to Reply # 7

yeah my rear was off -3.2 and -3.8 degrees from a 2" drop with progress springs,so get a 3 degree rear kit for any drop. ingalls and sprint both make 3 degree front kits as well

WillFeb-12-01 11:21 AM
Old School 2GNTer
153 posts,
#541, "RE: Question about camber kits???"
In response to Reply # 8

LAST EDITED ON 12-Feb-01 AT 04:22 PM (PST)

I have the prokit and all four corners are off except the driver side rear.

Will
99 Black GS

----------
Will
99 GS - Sold
05 G35C
2GNT Member #51

SkrillaFeb-12-01 03:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#542, "A Lot of differnt opinions"
In response to Reply # 0

factory spec is acceptable with 1* so with that in mind using 1.3" Kit will be within limit but totally up to you whether or not you need a Camber Kit. My car is <2" drop in the front and <1.75" in the rear but I don't need any camber Kits, and my wheels aren't terribly pitched and still wear pretty evenly. If I had a kit I could put myself AT factory spec but my slight Neg camber helps me REALLY hit corners. My setup has a 1/2 coil cut at every corner on my Ground Control Coilovers and Tokico 5-way Illuminas

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology is the Only Substitute for Displacment"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #532 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic