Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #27515
View in threaded mode

Subject: "i hate my suspension!" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
boostboyikeJul-09-05 01:45 AM
Member since Jan 23rd 2005
64 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27515, "i hate my suspension!"

Every time i hit even the slightest bump,it feels like im hitting a 5 foot deep pothole!its hard enouph to make my hatch make noise.both my lower balljoints are new and so are inner outer tie rods.what else can i do?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
wite96gsJul-09-05 05:52 AM
Member since Mar 20th 2004
365 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27516, "RE: i hate my suspension!"
In response to Reply # 0

how old are your shocks and springs?

----------
the first solution that comes to mind for any new problem with my car usually involves a can of gas and a match....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeametxJul-09-05 08:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#27517, "RE: i hate my suspension!"
In response to Reply # 1

I have the Tein SS setup. Absolutely love them. When it comes to suspention, you truely get what you pay for.

boostboyikeJul-09-05 10:22 AM
64 posts,
#27519, "RE: i hate my suspension!"
In response to Reply # 2

everything is still factory but bad shocks whould cause my car to feel like that?last car i had that had bad shocks just bounced alot.

eclipse_gs_1512Jul-09-05 11:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3287 posts,
#27520, "RE: i hate my suspension!"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by etx
I have the Tein SS setup. Absolutely love them. When it comes to suspention, you truely get what you pay for.

exactly...don't mess around when it comes down to your suspension(or anything on the car for that matter). use the search button and you'll come up with more than enough information to guide you in purchasing new struts and springs

2007 wrx

boostboyikeJul-09-05 12:27 PM
64 posts,
#27521, "RE: i hate my suspension!"
In response to Reply # 4

why new springs?really not wanting to lower it....was thinking about just getting some gr2s.everything else is pretty much new..thats the last thing to replace but if that doesnt help im blowing my damn car up!lol

eclipse_gs_1512Jul-09-05 01:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3287 posts,
#27522, "RE: i hate my suspension!"
In response to Reply # 5
Jul-09-05 01:08 PM by eclipse_gs_1512

i have tokico blues on my car right now...they ride nicely...but i would trade them any day for konis.

edit...i hear ya on blowing up the car lol

2007 wrx

EclipseTenzoRJul-12-05 06:31 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#27550, "RE: i hate my suspension!"
In response to Reply # 6
Jul-12-05 06:32 PM by EclipseTenzoR

I just want to add that you get wht you pay for thing. I will disagree, call me whatever you want but I always tend to go the a different route than ones most traveled. And I went with dropzone springs on my stock struts and it still rides very close to stock except if i hit big bumps. But this is'nt the case we are talking about bad struts, I will say though that the more expensive shit is'nt the only stuff you need to buy to get good to better results. Some of the stuff that may not be as popular may actually be more than satisfactory for some. Well I made my rant hope this helps.

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

420AYEJul-14-05 10:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#27561, "RE: i hate my suspension!"
In response to Reply # 7

if handling is a big part of your daily driving, then get hard suspension and you'll have to deal with the ride. otherwise, get some adjustables and some nice springs. screw coils, and screw stock suspension. i have tokico hp's and sportlines, seems hard as hell to some people, but im just used to it. im used to driving in oregon, but now that i'm grid locked into street light driving here, i'm going to get air cyls.

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

CustomGSJul-14-05 11:09 AM
Member since Jul 15th 2004
668 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27562, "RE: i hate my suspension!"
In response to Reply # 8

Buy HipHop's Tein Basic damper set and just dont drop it.( i want 10% hiphop )

Chris
---------------------------------------

98 Eclipse GS 5 spd- sold
95 Camaro Z28
64.5 Mustang 302 3spd

Originally posted by DR1665
Sometimes, you don't need to pull away to win. You just need to show them they have nowhere to run.

Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
No, but one time i tried to pee over a car, and pooped my pants.

FlyinEsiJul-14-05 01:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#27563, "RE: i hate my suspension!"
In response to Reply # 9
Jul-14-05 01:29 PM by FlyinEsi

I agree with most of the people in this thread in that you definitely get what you pay for when it comes to suspension. I got a great deal on normally $1200 coilovers, Apexi, and the ride is amazing!! A friend of mine has Tokico shocks and H&R springs and the ride is rough as hell. Go with very nice comprehensive setup, don't mess around when it comes to ride quality. If you get a nice adjustable coilover, like Tein SS, Apexi WS, or something really expensive like JIC then you won't regret it at all and you don't to have your car lowered much at all to benefit from the setup.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #27515 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic