Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #24695
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Cheap lowering springs" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
BumpinTalonJul-08-04 05:06 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24695, "Cheap lowering springs"

I've been reading up on the cheapest way to lower my car.. so far Dropzones and Teins seem the cheapest, but the Dropzones are crap for some reason (how can a spring suck?) and the Teins are like a stock replacement that doesn't lower the car much at all. What other well-priced options do I have for lowering my car 1.5-2"? Eibach Prokits, Sportlines are favorites of the import scene but what about Maxspeed, Ractive, or Goldline springs??

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
talonguy2005Jul-08-04 05:11 PM
Member since May 16th 2004
1473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24696, "RE: Cheap lowering springs"
In response to Reply # 0

i say go with the Eibach imo

1992 Plymouth Laser
-Bone stock for now.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BumpinTalonJul-08-04 05:27 PM
2381 posts,
#24698, "RE: Cheap lowering springs"
In response to Reply # 1

They cost twice as much
Does anyone have the Tokico spring & shock combo? How do they handle?

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

injendsmJul-09-04 02:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#24699, "RE: Cheap lowering springs"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by BumpinTalon
They cost twice as much Does anyone have the Tokico spring & shock combo? How do they handle?

ill have it at the end of the month hopefully. ill let you know then.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

goalieman24Jul-10-04 06:04 PM
Member since Sep 13th 2003
174 posts,
#24717, "RE: Cheap lowering springs"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by BumpinTalon
They cost twice as much Does anyone have the Tokico spring & shock combo? How do they handle?

Ive got it... very satisfied for the price

coppereclipse95Jul-11-04 08:39 AM
Member since Apr 29th 2002
1068 posts,
#24722, "RE: Cheap lowering springs"
In response to Reply # 0

If you want a solid drop, get some Eibach Sportsline. Personally, cheap coilovers are not worth spending money. I know ebay has some cheap coilovers for like $80. Don't get them. They bottom out. The spring quality are so shitty, they don't have enough spring travling which gives poor driving quality. I love my Pro-kits with my bodykit. I say Eibach IMO with some adjustable shocks.

1995 Eclipse RS

pnoytoyJul-14-04 02:35 AM
Member since May 05th 2004
5 posts,
#24751, "RE: Cheap lowering springs"
In response to Reply # 0
Jul-14-04 02:35 AM by pnoytoy

my suggestion for a cheap springs for free is cut your stock spring. ghetto way. it will lower your car and still have good ride. haha. its up to u. it works! or go to ebay for cheap springs. buy those tokico that comes in a set with shocks and springs. nice sets!

ShockeclipseJul-14-04 10:19 AM
Member since May 18th 2003
2139 posts,
#24754, "RE: Cheap lowering springs"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by pnoytoy
my suggestion for a cheap springs for free is cut your stock spring. ghetto way. it will lower your car and still have good ride. haha. its up to u. it works! or go to ebay for cheap springs. buy those tokico that comes in a set with shocks and springs. nice sets!

still have a good ride my ass

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war; our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very , very pissed off"

Originally posted by turbo8u
every time i get in it and start it up im like 'oh...yea, you know why you just started right there bitch? because i built you...yea...you like it dont you, yea and you're about to take this boost like a bitch too arent you

BumpinTalonJul-14-04 05:44 PM
2381 posts,
#24757, "RE: Cheap lowering springs"
In response to Reply # 7

My buddy lowered his car that way. It was okay, I guess, consideing it cost him Zero Dollars, but I was hoping to hold onto my stock springs to raise the car up again in winter.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

totaleklipse97Jul-14-04 08:38 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#24758, "RE: Cheap lowering springs"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by pnoytoy

for the love of god please don't listen to this asschoad!!! DO NOT CUT YOUR STOCK SPRINGS!!!!!!!!!!!! eibach's are only $180 if u still complain about the price there is something wrong.

my car will sound like, bumbabumbubavrooooooooooooooomrooooooooahhhhhhhhhhhhh, kishhhhhh
www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=643
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

BumpinTalonJul-14-04 09:44 PM
2381 posts,
#24759, "RE: Cheap lowering springs"
In response to Reply # 9

$180 us = $250 cdn + shipping so almost $325
that is not small change.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #24695 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic