Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11583
View in threaded mode

Subject: "1ST GEN GSX BRAKES SWAP" Previous topic | Next topic
tacoman123Aug-18-02 06:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2678 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11583, "1ST GEN GSX BRAKES SWAP"

Yes, I know you can swap the front brakes from the 2nd gen GSX, and the rear would take alittle more work..

But the thing is, would the 1st generation brakes bolt-up to our second generation, even though it is made by Mitsubishi..

Thanks

~Tacoman

"Yes, I really do want to get banned. I no longer want to spend hours upon hours online anymore. This site is great and all, but I don't want to come online anymore. I suck, period. Ban me, please.

Thank you.

-Tahleel"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
SemperboostAug-18-02 09:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1072 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11584, "RE: Yea but..."
In response to Reply # 0

The First gen GSXs have one piston..might as well get a twin piston

96 RST

http://www.kaptainmyke.com/tir/gallery/SemperBoost
Star Stage I turbo kit /Starion I/C w/ 2" chrome piping / GReddy Type-S BOV / Missing Link / Custom APEXi- GReddy 2.5" exhaust / Nology wires / Dual Gaugepod pillar mount / APEXi EL mech boost gauge / Autometer A/F gauge / Southland Dual Friction clutch / B&M short shifter / Energy Suspension shifter bushings / 16" GSX Rims / Front/ Rear camberkits / Eibach Prokits / Tokico Blues/ Front Upper, Rear Upper/Lower strut bars / Rear GST sway bar
X-drilled rotors / Axxis pads / Stock GS/GST sideskirts /Color-matched center taillight/ door handles/ sideviews
Cleared Headlight turns/PIAA bulbs

Alvin

http://www.cardomain.com/id/96rst

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

tacoman123Aug-19-02 08:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2678 posts,
#11585, "RE: Yea but..."
In response to Reply # 1

I know the two pistons are better, but wouldn't one piston save weight and space? Such as, if you're aftermarket 16 or 17s won't fit on the 2nd Gen brakes, but will fit with 1st Gen brakes.

Anyways, will it bolt-up though?

Thanks

"Yes, I really do want to get banned. I no longer want to spend hours upon hours online anymore. This site is great and all, but I don't want to come online anymore. I suck, period. Ban me, please.

Thank you.

-Tahleel"

TeamJeff_99gsAug-19-02 09:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#11586, "RE: Yea but..."
In response to Reply # 2

they would be the same size as 2g brakes. There is no point in swapping. Any wheels that can't fit over the 2gnt brakes certainly can't fit over the 1g GSX brakes.

randyAug-19-02 07:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
662 posts,
#11587, "RE: Yea but..."
In response to Reply # 2

the 1st gen. 92-94 has the 2piston. yes its bolt on, you just need longer brake lines and 16's rims.

96 RST: Star Performance stag
05 scion xb: bolt ons
92 nissan 240sx
07 toyota sienna

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11583 Previous topic | Next topic