Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #270
View in threaded mode

Subject: "LOWER-FRONT strut bar?" Previous topic | Next topic
HootDec-26-00 11:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
106 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#270, "LOWER-FRONT strut bar?"

a long time ago i thought i saw a pic of an eclipse with a lower front brace on the suspension. if i remember correctly it was advertised as being for a turbo, but the suspension is the same. i can't remember what company or where i saw this. does anybody know if something ever existed for the eclipse? i kinda remember it looking something like the neuspeed bar for the rear except that it was across the bottom of the front suspension. anybody know?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
TeamDeanoDDec-27-00 03:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#271, "If you look back a little ways, you will find a topic about it"
In response to Reply # 0

Road Race Engineering is working on making one for our cars. Stay tuned for details and when it will be available. There are some differences in the way a chassis brace mounts on the GS-T and the RS/GS. Their engine and transmission are installed backwards compared to ours I have a GS-T 19mm front sway bar and it fits perfectly. Just keep lurking until the topic comes up again.

DeanoD
1997RS-NeverTurbo
http://ar.dsm.org

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HootDec-27-00 04:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
106 posts,
#272, "RE: If you look back a little ways, you will find a topic about it"
In response to Reply # 1

cool, thanks. i knew that the sway bars were interchangeable but that's a good point about the engine and trans being mounted backwards. i guess if they design it right, it could fit both models. otherwise we'll be screwed.

TeamMichael_97RSDec-27-00 04:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#273, "RE: LOWER-FRONT strut bar?"
In response to Reply # 0

Road Race is going o make a limited run of these. It's not going to be a production item as far I know Skrilla is going to take is car in and Mike is going to make a batch for us, if you want in contact Skrilla. Check back in the posts for details, but I think this is pretty much a one shot deal, Josiah's going in January and if some one wants more made I think they'll need another car to come in.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

HootDec-28-00 12:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
106 posts,
#274, "RE: LOWER-FRONT strut bar?"
In response to Reply # 3

perfect! thanks for the heads-up.

cavscout6Dec-30-00 03:36 PM
Old School 2GNTer
6 posts,
#275, "RE: LOWER-FRONT strut bar?"
In response to Reply # 0

what ever happend to the one that neuspeed was making? did they scrap it?

SkrillaDec-30-00 04:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#276, "RE: LOWER-FRONT strut bar?"
In response to Reply # 5

I was told it was strictly for the Turbos whose suspension is the same but has different subframe bolts due to the posistion of the tranny and engine.

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology is the Only Substitute for Displacment"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #270 Previous topic | Next topic