Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #5287
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Need some suspension!" Previous topic | Next topic
TomcatDec-26-01 11:29 AM
Member since Dec 10th 2001
27 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5287, "Need some suspension!"

I need some technical advice on which way to go for suspension

Coilovers sound like their all you need, but I don't want to go to an alignment shop everytime I change my ride height. I definately want it to be adjustable, so plain springs are out. I also wan't a good ride thats not to soft, yet not to stiff. What about coilovers and adj. shocks??? They seem to be a good combo, but what about convenience. Can I pull over and adjust the dials on the struts to go up or down for rough streets??

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
MannyyyDec-26-01 02:10 PM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
1526 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5288, "RE: Need some suspension!"
In response to Reply # 0

Umm, I'll try and clear up some confusion for ya. Adjustable shocks won't adjust your ride height... they only adjust stiffness which is good for racing or hard driving.

Coilovers are pretty good in deciding what ride height you wanna use for a while... but you can't change the height by pulling over when you see a rough street. You gotta jack up the car to adjust the coilovers.

As for going to the alignment shop... I haven't been there once since I got my coilovers 8 months ago. I haven't noticed any usual tread wear, but then again, I'm on stock tires and I don't do much freeway traveling...

-Manny

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TomcatDec-26-01 02:59 PM
Member since Dec 10th 2001
27 posts,
#5289, "RE: Need some suspension!"
In response to Reply # 1

never been to an alignment shop!!!

So you think coilovers would be fine?

KoryDec-26-01 04:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2620 posts,
#5290, "RE: Need some suspension!"
In response to Reply # 2

here's my set up:

prokits, illuminas, ST sways front and rear, STBs, lower rear tie bar, ingalls camber kit, 16in rims, & zr tires... can u say hangs on rails?

96RS ~ full 99GS special body conversion, aem cai, greddy header, greddy sp exhaust, afx pulley, b&m sS, magecores & NGKs, S-AFC, Sparco Torino, illuminas, prokits, ingalls camber, gunmetal GS rims, ST Sways, STBs, lower rear tie bar, sound system, a shit load more.

97GSX ~ K&N FIPK, Greddy IC Piping, Type S bov. To all the haters _|_ tia

The Original 2GNT []D[][]Y[][]D

96 RS

97 GSX

randyDec-26-01 07:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
662 posts,
#5291, "RE: Need some suspension!"
In response to Reply # 1

I didn't know mugen made parts for our cars....

96 RST: Star Performance stag
05 scion xb: bolt ons
92 nissan 240sx
07 toyota sienna

GrashperDec-27-01 06:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
882 posts,
#5292, "RE: Need some suspension!"
In response to Reply # 4

Ya Randy, thats what I was going to say.

Interesting

no more 420A

only 4G63

MannyyyDec-27-01 01:49 PM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
1526 posts,
#5293, "RE: Need some suspension!"
In response to Reply # 5

Yea... it's got a custom VTEC in there...

Actually, the guy I bought the bumper from already had all these stickers on there... I'm not normally a tacky person myself going around and slapping stickers on my car but I figured what the heck, I'll leave them on there until I get tired of them.

-Manny

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #5287 Previous topic | Next topic