Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33472
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Pics of some of my recent suspension upgrades" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
iamnotwhoiamDec-03-11 08:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33472, "Pics of some of my recent suspension upgrades"

Felt like sharing some of my new goodies that I have added to the Talon.

Today I was finally able to install my rear RM DSM sway bar and accompanying rear lower tie bar that I just got back from being powder-coated.

Enjoy:

I also installed Ground Control coil-overs and AGX adj struts awhile back as well. oh so pretty!

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
AdministratorCODE4Dec-04-11 04:05 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33473, "RE: Pics of some of my recent suspension upgrades"
In response to Reply # 0

Simple, but clean. Nice.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorbullettdsmDec-04-11 07:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#33474, "RE: Pics of some of my recent suspension upgrades"
In response to Reply # 1

Does the RM come with the ends? Also what price glory for those? I'm presuming the lower tie bar is E-Bay?

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

AdministratorCODE4Dec-04-11 07:27 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#33475, "RE: Pics of some of my recent suspension upgrades"
In response to Reply # 2

I bought my RM set from MachV, and as far as I know they are the only ones that have stock on them.

http://www.machv.com/rmracswaybar1.html

My kit did not include the links - they must be bought separately (OEM, or aftermarket).

---

2012 2500HD LML

iamnotwhoiamDec-04-11 08:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#33476, "RE: Pics of some of my recent suspension upgrades"
In response to Reply # 3

I got links from rockauto awhile back along with getting the set of RM sways used last year that were in pretty bad cosmetic shape.

I originally was going to just sand them down and paint them, but got a deal on coating, so I went with it.

The tie bars are actually "custom" from back in the day by an old 2gnt member, "Hurricane_GS"

I have a front as well for both sway and tie bar, but have not yet installed them.

Also for the rear sways I had to "aggressively" remove the old end links from the arms as they came with them and would not come off nicely.

Before parts:

-Jason

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677

ModeratorxcasbonxDec-05-11 07:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#33477, "RE: Pics of some of my recent suspension upgrades"
In response to Reply # 4

Looks good man. As for those tie bars, it would be pretty simple for someone to make these again. Makes me wish I had a welder, knew what I was doing, and made some. We have tons of small diameter solid rounds and plate here at work that we scrap out from drops all the time.

I contributed to the Wiki.

iamnotwhoiamDec-05-11 12:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#33478, "RE: Pics of some of my recent suspension upgrades"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by xcasbonx
Looks good man. As for those tie bars, it would be pretty simple for someone to make these again. Makes me wish I had a welder, knew what I was doing, and made some. We have tons of small diameter solid rounds and plate here at work that we scrap out from drops all the time.

Yep thick hollow metal tubes with pre-bent and pre-drilled brackets attached. Might even work better with solid round pieces too.

-Jason

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677

ModeratorxcasbonxDec-05-11 02:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#33479, "RE: Pics of some of my recent suspension upgrades"
In response to Reply # 6

I think I may try to get some scrap here from work and toy around with it out at my old mans place sometime.

I contributed to the Wiki.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonDec-06-11 06:33 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#33480, "RE: Pics of some of my recent suspension upgrades"
In response to Reply # 7

Shoot me an email if you want tie bars.......these would be easy to make.

scorpo86Feb-05-12 06:44 PM
Member since Nov 08th 2006
282 posts,
#33570, "RE: Pics of some of my recent suspension upgrades"
In response to Reply # 8

Does that gold bar across the arms really help with handling? I have been looking at those but not sure if they are worth it.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonFeb-05-12 06:51 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#33571, "RE: Pics of some of my recent suspension upgrades"
In response to Reply # 9

Its not something you will nec notice depending on the quality of the bar. Rigid like the one shown here is prolly the best choice if you want one. The ones on ebay that are 3 pieces that bolt together will still flex.

Look at it this way, its a couple more quarters in the change jar.....it all adds up.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33472 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic