Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #23579
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Squeaky Camber" Previous topic | Next topic
Ryan_HesApr-18-04 10:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23579, "Squeaky Camber"

I have Inglass camber kits with urethane bushings. The squeak like a bitch. I have dowsed them with WD-40...but it only lasts a day at most. What should I use to lubricate them to stop the squeak?

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
WickedESiApr-18-04 12:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23583, "RE: Squeaky Camber"
In response to Reply # 0

That's the side effect of polyureathane man. I got them too, wd-40 is the best you can do.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Ryan_HesApr-18-04 05:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#23585, "RE: Squeaky Camber"
In response to Reply # 1
Apr-18-04 05:53 PM by Ryan_Hes

Man shit- this is retarded. Ive had these forever...but I specifically remember ordering rubber..but got urethane....

There MUST be something I can do?

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

thedawgApr-19-04 10:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#23594, "RE: Squeaky Camber"
In response to Reply # 2
Apr-19-04 10:53 AM by thedawg

Don't most urethane bushings come with a thick gooey grease? Did you use that stuff and its just now wearing off?

USE THIS STUFF! -> http://performanceunlimited.com/cobravalley_chemicals/polylube.html

If you wanna ghettostyle it, I would think white silicone lubricant or maybe lithium grease would work a million times better than WD40.

"Using a petroleum or based grease -like WD-40- can dissolve polyurethane products,
thereby reducing the material life as well as possible resulting in catastrophic failure of the polyurethane."

WickedESiApr-19-04 07:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#23597, "RE: Squeaky Camber"
In response to Reply # 3

Werd, I actually kinda figured the wd-40 wasn't good since it's not technically a lubericant.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

eclipse_99rsApr-21-04 11:44 AM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#23608, "RE: Squeaky Camber"
In response to Reply # 4

OMC triple guard grease or any kind of heavy grease works for like 4months then comes back little by little.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #23579 Previous topic | Next topic