Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #19263
View in threaded mode

Subject: "axles where can i find em" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse9811Aug-02-03 09:23 PM
Member since Jul 01st 2003
23 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19263, "axles where can i find em"

ok first off when i take off my car has a loud cliunking soundlike my wheels are shaking real bad so i jacked up my car and i have a torn cv boot does this mean i need a new axle if so where can i find them or do y0ou guys think i need a camber adj. kit i have the eibachj sportlines on and i have like a 2.5 inch drop

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
ModeratorEvuLFleAAug-03-03 07:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19264, "RE: axles where can i find em"
In response to Reply # 0

Your boot probably tore and you got dirt in there. Axles are only $50 + your old axle.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse9811Aug-03-03 08:29 AM
Member since Jul 01st 2003
23 posts,
#19265, "RE: axles where can i find em"
In response to Reply # 1

awsome but are there any aftermarket ones out there and if so where can i get those

ModeratorEvuLFleAAug-03-03 08:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#19266, "RE: axles where can i find em"
In response to Reply # 2

Well unless you are pushing some crazy HP I would recommend just getting rebuilt ones with a lifetime warranty. Jamesman is well over 300whp and still running stock axles.

There is a big difference in prices for rebuilt vs aftermarket. It's your wallett though.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #19263 Previous topic | Next topic