Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #15760
View in threaded mode

Subject: "rear whells rattling. really annoying(kinda long)" Previous topic | Next topic
stoyboycsFeb-16-03 05:08 PM
Member since Jul 21st 2002
280 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15760, "rear whells rattling. really annoying(kinda long)"

Ok like the topic says my rear wheels are rattling and it is very annoying. But it only happens when i have 2 people in the back seats or when I first start driving. It only happens on bumpy roads. In the begining I noticed the passenger side was rattling like a metal hitting a another piece of metal sound. Then the other night I had three other people in the car with me and both were rattling The next day no noise, but I was by myself. Anyone know what to do or whats wrong? Also am I ok to still drive or is this doing anything bad to the car?

Thanks,
Chris

I was right there with him untill the light turned green.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
SonicYanFeb-17-03 03:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1560 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15790, "RE: rear whells rattling. really annoying(kinda long)"
In response to Reply # 0

Are u lowered? Do u have like aftermarket rims, like 18s and larger? Cuz it might be that ur rubbing ur rear tires on your fender. Like what u said, it only happens when u have a lot of people in the back and on bumpy roads, which is when the rear tires would normally hit the fender. If u check the rear fender, there's this part of the fender that kinda sticks out if u feel underneath it. U can just roll this with a baseball bat and what not. Hope this helps.

SonicYan aka Mikey
1997 Eclipse RS
Pinoy Reppin' SoCal 2GNT
Best: 16.35 @ 83.05 MPH

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

stoyboycsFeb-18-03 07:07 PM
280 posts,
#15827, "RE: rear whells rattling. really annoying(kinda long)"
In response to Reply # 1

no everything is stock no lowered no wheels. But I will try that thing with the bat.

Thanks,
Chri

KahnFeb-19-03 11:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
431 posts,
#15841, "RE: rear whells rattling. really annoying(kinda long)"
In response to Reply # 2

How old is your car? How many miles -- if it is the sound of like click clacking -- almost like a lid being put on a pot -- its your bushings. Take it to a mechanic -- agree with me or not the dealer will be able to tell you much faster what the problem is (and save you on diagnostic costs) than a standard old garage.

Hope that helps.

2003 VW GTI 1.8t.. I used to have a 95 Eclipse but well...water sucks.

stoyboycsFeb-19-03 12:13 PM
280 posts,
#15845, "RE: rear whells rattling. really annoying(kinda long)"
In response to Reply # 3

well its a 97 with 65,xxx and yeah it kinda sounds like a lid being put on a pot so I will have the bushing checked out. thanks you.

Chri

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #15760 Previous topic | Next topic