Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #12703
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Brake line" Previous topic | Next topic
JoeFuOct-14-02 06:24 AM
Member since Sep 04th 2002
4 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12703, "Brake line"

I am doing a GSX brake swap on my car. I was wonder if I buy stainless brake line should I just get GSX lines....or is there really no different between GS and GSX brake lines?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
ModeratorxcasbonxOct-14-02 01:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12704, "RE: Brake line"
In response to Reply # 0

There is no differnce really. The upgrade to stainless steal lines is a good one to do though if you are doing this mod

96 Talon ESi Mods
apex' dunk exhaust
injen short ram
magnecore 8.5mm wires
front/rear strut tower bars
custom painted interior
carbon fiber hood

I contributed to the Wiki.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamDeanoDOct-14-02 02:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
#12705, "RE: Brake line"
In response to Reply # 1

I am pretty sure the fittings are different between the GS/RS and GSX stainless brake lines. There is no performance difference, it is the fitment. If you are upgrading to GSX two piston calipers/rotors, then buy the GSX stainless lines.

The rear lines in the kit will come with ones made for rear disc. If you have the drums in the rear, make sure you get the lines for your drum rears. This might make them split a complete set, but it should not be a problem.

Somebody said a while back that RRE rear stainless lines fits drums and discs, but I never believe everything I read. ASK RRE or the people you are getting the lines from to make sure.

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

fasterGSOct-17-02 08:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12706, "RE: Brake line"
In response to Reply # 2

The fittings on a gs/rs and gsx are the same... it has been proven by someone on this board. The fittings on the 3000gt are different, so if your calipers are from a 3000gt then you will need to get the right lines. I am not positive about the rear lines, I have a question into RRE about that.

pn0ymahalOct-17-02 04:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#12707, "RE: Brake line"
In response to Reply # 3

i got the gsx setup and new ss line from rr.. all models are the same for the 2g eclipse.. oh yah it feels alot better with the ss lines in
check it out
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/eclbrakes.htm

Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2
Stage 3 process begins anyone got a 420a block thats not spun/head for sale?

http://www.dreamwater.net/purplebeast

Michael
99gs hrc stage 5000 SOLD...
2004 Honda Accord V6 (240 hp)stock
what other car should i buy?? hmmm
Car info & pictures at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/520269

TeamDeanoDOct-18-02 12:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
#12708, "RE: Brake line"
In response to Reply # 4

I stand corrected. Thanks for the official word.

I try not to speculate on what works and what does not. You hear many different things from people who just repeat what they see on the board.

I know that I bought SS lines from RRE. They did ask me if I had rear disc or drum. They also asked if I had 2 piston GSX or single piston calipers. Maybe they have finally made a universal set that fits everything on a 2G.

Always ask when ordering is my point. I always wanted to upgrade to gsx calipers, but did not want a soft pedal and the extra rotating/unsprung weight. I also like the option of using a small wheel for autocross. I just ordered a new set of brembo replacement rotors and a buddy is going to cryo treat them next week(first batch). I will report back in the future how they hold up with aggressive pads.

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #12703 Previous topic | Next topic