Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1127
View in threaded mode

Subject: "What do i need to know?" Previous topic | Next topic
phatGSMar-18-01 10:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
541 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1127, "What do i need to know?"

What do I need to know before buying rims. Like, what are the different measurements for everything that I'd need to know so that the rims would fit right? Thanks.

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM CAI w/ bypass

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM Cold Air w/ bypass valve
Front Upper Strut Brace
Maxspeed coilovers

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
TeamStan2gntMar-18-01 12:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1128, "RE: What do i need to know?"
In response to Reply # 0

I've bought 3 sets of aftermarket rims in my life and didn't now sh*t other than the car make, how many lugs and what diameter I wanted. The place you purchase from should easily be able to tell you what offset is required and set you up with the proper rims. All you should have to tell them what kind of car you have and what your looking for.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS but T soon!
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

phatGSMar-18-01 02:25 PM
Old School 2GNTer
541 posts,
#1129, "RE: What do i need to know?"
In response to Reply # 1

I was hoping to buy from someplace online or maybe up at Carlisle, shops are a huge ass ripoff from what I've seen pricewise elsewhere.

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM CAI w/ bypass

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
Front Upper Strut Brace
Maxspeed coilovers

phatGSMar-20-01 02:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
541 posts,
#1130, "RE: What do i need to know?"
In response to Reply # 2

Anybody know what measurements I'm going to need though? 5 x 114.3 right? What's centerbore? What kind of offset with 18's?

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM CAI w/ bypass

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
Front Upper Strut Brace
Maxspeed coilovers

whodatt1Mar-20-01 03:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2531 posts,
#1131, "RE: What do i need to know?"
In response to Reply # 3

I just got my wheels from whalentire.com they had the best deals I could find and they will tell you what wheels will fit you car and what tires will fit the wheels you choose.
they have very good service and the wheels got to me 4 days after i ordered them, mounted and balanced!
I suggest you look them up.
Whodatt1
97gs

-97 GS (First project, 299 whp)(sold)
- 97 RS 2.6 last numbers: 306hp, 352tq @16psi (Dead, parted out)
- 99 GS OZ, Hahn Kit, 56k miles (Sold)
--------
- 00 Nissan Maxima GLE (Daily Driver)
- 02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1127 Previous topic | Next topic