Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #10898
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Tire Queston, not sure where to post" Previous topic | Next topic
Lo RS 4MeJul-16-02 05:38 PM
Member since Apr 05th 2002
522 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10898, "Tire Queston, not sure where to post"

ok i'm buy some rims from someone, but he had them on a stang, so he has 245/55/17s on them i couldn't use those temperarily sp? could i ?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Showtime72Jul-16-02 08:20 PM
Member since Mar 25th 2002
65 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10899, "RE: Tire Queston, not sure where to post"
In response to Reply # 0

i dont think they would fit.. i know 225/40/18's are a pretty tite fit as far as width goes, so i am guessing 255 is going to be too much and as far as the overal diameter goes i think the 55 series is too much for the 17's.. i think our cars fit a 45 series on 17...

not an expert so correct me if im wrong.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

techboyJul-17-02 04:31 PM
Member since May 20th 2002
1662 posts,
#10900, "RE: Tire Queston, not sure where to post"
In response to Reply # 1

...temporarily ...

AEM intake/SpiralMax/Plugs-Wires/GST Exhaust/17" Konig Velocity/Mirror Tint/grillcraft grill/EBC brakes/Brembo rotors
Coming:BoredTB

1999 Eclipse GST 4G63

fauchpjJul-18-02 04:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
#10901, "RE: Tire Queston, not sure where to post"
In response to Reply # 2

>.. i think our cars fit a 45 series on 17...

our cars can fit a 50 series 17. 215/50/17 is stock 97-99 gsx

Lo RS 4MeJul-18-02 10:13 AM
Member since Apr 05th 2002
522 posts,
#10902, "RE: Tire Queston, not sure where to post"
In response to Reply # 3

guy's i'm worried about the width, 245 that's what i'm talkin about . . . sooo ?

Amish_EclipseJul-18-02 10:54 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#10903, "RE: Tire Queston, not sure where to post"
In response to Reply # 4

won't fit you'll need new tires. wouldn't worry to much 17in tires are getting more common because more and more cars are coming factory with 17's

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

AvengerES97Jul-18-02 03:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
167 posts,
#10904, "RE: Tire Queston, not sure where to post"
In response to Reply # 5

a friend/mitsu mechanic told me that the 3kgt vr4 wheels and tires should fit out car, and they are the limit. The width of those tires are 245.

Chris Jones
1997 Dodge Avenger ES 5spd
"Racing Your Honda Is Like Running In The Special Olympics.....Even If You Win You're Still Retarded!!!

Chris Jones
1997 Dodge Avenger ES 5spd
"Racing Your Honda Is Like Running In The Special Olympics.....Even If You Win You're Still Retarded!!!

KarlJul-19-02 03:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
289 posts,
#10905, "RE: Tire Queston, not sure where to post"
In response to Reply # 0

245 will not fit the 2G unless you roll the fenders.

Karl
97 GS
04 BMW 330i ZHP

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #10898 Previous topic | Next topic