Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #358
View in threaded mode

Subject: "funny idea?" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
TeamDR1665Jun-18-05 12:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#358, "funny idea?"

I think it would be fun to have something like a sub-title under your screen name that reflcted the status of your car at the moment. I'm sure it would be more work than reward, but imagine if you could go into your profile and select one of the following to be displayed under your name (but above member since/donating member):

Current status: (pick one)
*optimal
*being tuned
*needing tuned
*technical difficulties
*terminally ill
*dead
*got rid of it

It could show up like this (only not such an obviously hacked photoshop)

I'm sure this would require a shitload of work, so I'm only mentioning it for some night when someone is suffering from one too many Jager-Redbulls and can't sleep.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
HipHop615Jun-19-05 08:27 AM
Member since Sep 14th 2003
2333 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#359, "RE: funny idea?"
In response to Reply # 0

That sounds kinda cool imo, yours shouldnt be "needing tuning" though it should say "Current Status: Resurrected", Now that fits most of our cars pretty well. =)

Turbo8u - "I've never heard so many BOV's in my life at once..." (At So. Cali Meet-Up Sep. 25th)

Me - "I don't think I lost the love for my car, I think the cops took it..."

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJun-20-05 05:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#363, "RE: funny idea?"
In response to Reply # 1

I know: i can add some static text that says "Current status: about to break" and no one will ever have to change it.

Not a bad idea. I might look into it, but it'd be a good bit of work.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

BumpinTalonJun-20-05 05:55 AM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#365, "RE: funny idea?"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by DarkOne
I know: i can add some static text that says "Current status: about to break" and no one will ever have to change it. Not a bad idea. I might look into it, but it'd be a good bit of work.

I third this motion. it'd be funny but good point on "about to break"

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

TeamDR1665Jun-20-05 11:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#366, "RE: funny idea?"
In response to Reply # 2

I might look into it, but it'd be a good bit of work.

Glad to hear my idea wasn't all that bad.

I imagine it would be a lot of work. Seems to me like there would be changes to made in more than a couple places to make something like that work. I don't know which is sadder, the fact that I have been going to DeVry for computer programming for over three years now and don't know anything, or the fact that I hate computer programming?

420a-TnthewerksJun-20-05 01:00 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#367, "RE: funny idea?"
In response to Reply # 4

Just have it so we put our own two or three worded desciption in there.

ModeratoreclipzGSTJul-05-05 08:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#380, "RE: funny idea?"
In response to Reply # 2

I know: i can add some static text that says "Current status: about to break" and no one will ever have to change it.

BASTARD! You'll jinx us all!!!!!

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

WIDECLIPSEJul-06-05 08:56 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
#381, "RE: funny idea?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by eclipzGST
Originally posted by DarkOne I know: i can add some static text that says "Current status: about to break" and no one will ever have to change it.
BASTARD! You'll jinx us all!!!!!

I think we were jinxed when we bought our cars.

-Roman

.bs0dJul-06-05 10:52 AM
Member since Jan 14th 2004
597 posts,
#382, "RE: funny idea?"
In response to Reply # 7

shouldnt be too hard, did 2gnt founders code this forum or is DCScripts.com by someone else (like phpBB) and the forums just modified for the site layout?

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJul-06-05 11:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#383, "RE: funny idea?"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by .bs0d
shouldnt be too hard, did 2gnt founders code this forum or is DCScripts.com by someone else (like phpBB) and the forums just modified for the site layout?

The forum is a licensed copy of DCF+ 1.25 from DCScripts.com, heavily modified by me.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

TeamDR1665Jul-06-05 01:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#384, "RE: funny idea?"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by .bs0d shouldnt be too hard, did 2gnt founders code this forum or is DCScripts.com by someone else (like phpBB) and the forums just modified for the site layout?
The forum is a licensed copy of DCF+ 1.25 from DCScripts.com, heavily modified by me.

Should you have any further questions, you may forward them to Mr. Yancey. 713-816-1337.

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #358 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic