Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #1372
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Signature Guidelines" Previous topic | Next topic
freelancefoolAug-25-10 10:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1372, "Signature Guidelines"

Can we come up with a defined set of signature guidelines? People kill me with signatures that occupy most of the screen on either my desktop or netbook.

My Blog

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
420agreenvilleSCAug-26-10 03:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1525 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1373, "RE: Signature Guidelines"
In response to Reply # 0

i dont think people will pay attention. it doesnt happen quite enough to be a big issue anyway IMO

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneAug-26-10 07:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14937 posts,
#1374, "RE: Signature Guidelines"
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah, we've tried to implement signature guidelines in the past, but it's difficult to police every single user, and most of the time users wouldn't report signatures that were over sized anyway.

Self-policing seems to mostly work. The membership gets onto each other about pics that are too large.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

RoninEclipse2GAug-27-10 05:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#1375, "RE: Signature Guidelines"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by DarkOne
The membership gets onto each other about pics that are too large.

This.

I think Mikey got eaten alive when his sig pic was sized for a 30" monitor.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

freelancefoolAug-27-10 05:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#1376, "RE: Signature Guidelines"
In response to Reply # 3

So start by cutting your signature down.

My Blog

420agreenvilleSCAug-27-10 11:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1525 posts,
#1377, "RE: Signature Guidelines"
In response to Reply # 4

i had a sig pic that was huge... back in 05

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-28-10 11:12 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#1378, "RE: Signature Guidelines"
In response to Reply # 5

Clay, if you hit the Alert button I can follow up by removing the Sig till the user downsizes it. It really hasnt been an issue in the past and like Dino said the guideline thing would be hard to implement.

Terry

freelancefoolAug-28-10 03:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#1379, "RE: Signature Guidelines"
In response to Reply # 6

Will do. I guess I've been used to other forums being quite anal about it.

My Blog

RoninEclipse2GAug-28-10 03:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#1380, "RE: Signature Guidelines"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by freelancefool
Will do. I guess I've been used to TUNERS being quite anal about it.

fixed

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

freelancefoolAug-28-10 05:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#1381, "RE: Signature Guidelines"
In response to Reply # 8

No. Most of the other forums I am on have pretty strict guidelines for signatures. This is the most lax forum I am on.

My Blog

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #1372 Previous topic | Next topic