Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #98150
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now." 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTApr-24-06 03:32 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#98150, "Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now."

Okay so I swapped in a new ECU and the car still does not fire...

Here are some side notes, so if anybody thinks of any idea's or anything to try, PLEASE let me know, I need this bitch to run, lol.

When cranking, my Snap On scanner IS telling me the following:
I have a cam/crank signal.
I have TPS value and voltage.
ASD and Fuel relays are both okay.
Fuel pressure is fine.

I did a spark test with the scanner and I got spark to both sides of the coil pack.

BUT when cranking w/ out doing the test w/ the scanner, there is no spark.

Timing is dead on, compression is 180 across the board.

What else can cause the ECU to not see spark? The engine fuse is okay too.

THIS IS DRIVING ME FUCKING CRAZY GUYS, I have searched like crazy and found nothing really, and if I did find something, I tried it and nothing worked.

Can someone point me a in a good direction or something PLEASE!!!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
dmt111701Apr-24-06 03:49 PM
Member since Oct 13th 2004
130 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#98151, "RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now."
In response to Reply # 0

Do you have 12v at the coil while cranking?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse982nrRSTApr-24-06 03:57 PM
6314 posts,
#98152, "RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by dmt111701
Do you have 12v at the coil while cranking?

Honestly, I dont remember. We have done so much shit lately testing stuff, I dont even remember...

What is/was your idea or solution?

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Quadman313Apr-24-06 04:12 PM
Member since May 18th 2004
107 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#98154, "RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now."
In response to Reply # 2

So why did you replace the PCM then? Check your battery voltage while cranking if it drops below 9.6 V then the PCM shuts down. If you still have problems i live in hartville ohio (between akron and canton) i can come take a look at it. Let me know.

dmt111701Apr-24-06 04:21 PM
Member since Oct 13th 2004
130 posts,
#98155, "RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now."
In response to Reply # 3
Apr-24-06 04:28 PM by dmt111701

Originally posted by Quadman313
So why did you replace the PCM then? Check your battery voltage while cranking if it drops below 9.6 V then the PCM shuts down. If you still have problems i live in hartville ohio (between akron and canton) i can come take a look at it. Let me know.

I was thinking this. Or possible bad ground somewhere. Spark signal starts at the Crank sensor-----ecu-----ASD-----Coil pack.

djtrickeeApr-24-06 06:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#98156, "RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now."
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Quadman313
So why did you replace the PCM then?

well DUH!!!

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
This is EXACTLY why, you just dont GUESS on parts to replace like the guy above me said to do. All you have to do is take your time and diagnose what the true problem is instead of guessing on stuff to replace.

lollers.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

eclipse982nrRSTApr-25-06 12:55 AM
6314 posts,
#98160, "RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now."
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by djtrickee
Originally posted by Quadman313 So why did you replace the PCM then?
well DUH!!!
Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST This is EXACTLY why, you just dont GUESS on parts to replace like the guy above me said to do. All you have to do is take your time and diagnose what the true problem is instead of guessing on stuff to replace.
lollers.

Fuck you DJ, you are a dousche.

The Snap On procedure on our software on the computer had given us a test to run called 'Test w/ no codes in PCM'.

We ran this test, testing multiple things and if everything checked out okay after the test, the last thing it said to do if everything was test alright, was to replace the PCM...

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

eclipse982nrRSTApr-25-06 12:56 AM
6314 posts,
#98161, "RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now."
In response to Reply # 6

Battery voltage is not less than 9v either while cranking.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

freddy_00_69Apr-25-06 02:25 AM
Member since Aug 01st 2002
1119 posts,
#98162, "RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now."
In response to Reply # 7

So, your getting spark and fuel fine, and your ecu is new and sensors work. My only other suggestion is ground, only because you have the 2 major things to start your car fuel and spark, also you say your battery is fine. I may be wrong, but it has to be something small since everything you checked out is fine. My car wouldnt start on me 3 times, 1st was ecu, 2nd was little ground cable on the front of the block above the starter, and 3rd was asd relay. The only way i found out it was the asd relay was checking both relays to the fuel connection and making sure the fuel pump primes when the key is turned on. Hope you figure out.

99 RS-T
"New bottom end(8.6:1 w/long rods)"
Turbonetics 60-1/Portfueler/etc!!!!!

eclipse982nrRSTApr-25-06 03:52 AM
6314 posts,
#98163, "RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now."
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by freddy_00_69
So, your getting spark and fuel fine, and your ecu is new and sensors work. My only other suggestion is ground, only because you have the 2 major things to start your car fuel and spark, also you say your battery is fine. I may be wrong, but it has to be something small since everything you checked out is fine. My car wouldnt start on me 3 times, 1st was ecu, 2nd was little ground cable on the front of the block above the starter, and 3rd was asd relay. The only way i found out it was the asd relay was checking both relays to the fuel connection and making sure the fuel pump primes when the key is turned on. Hope you figure out.

my fuel and ignition relays are different so i cant swap them out to see if the other works.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

BlizareApr-25-06 04:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#98164, "RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now."
In response to Reply # 9

well thats probably your problem then

No really, I don't know what else to say.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #98150 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Previous topic | Next topic