Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #33005
View in threaded mode

Subject: "The LONG AWAITED AFX ECU is available!" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Previous topic | Next topic
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneSep-18-02 02:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33005, "The LONG AWAITED AFX ECU is available!"

Call Howell Automotive at 1-800-531-2184!

If Gary doesn't start getting orders for these things, he's going to *stop making them*. After the uphill battle we fought to have these things done, it would be a shame for it all to go away.

Currently 97 models are available. 97 ECUs *might* work in 98 cars, but that has not been confimed. 95s are not available and never will be, and 99's will be available "soon". Currently the ECUs are MTX only.

If you have a spare ECU (96, 98, 99 MTX or ATX) Please contact Howell Automotive and offer it as a core for testing.

c'mon, guys!

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
a_miller_76Sep-18-02 02:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33006, "RE: The LONG AWAITED AFX ECU is available!"
In response to Reply # 0

How much are they?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

zilchSep-18-02 03:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
10 posts,
#33007, "RE: The LONG AWAITED AFX ECU is available!"
In response to Reply # 1

what does this ECU get your? What's it good for? How much it is?

ModeratorEvuLFleASep-18-02 03:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#33008, "RE: The LONG AWAITED AFX ECU is available!"
In response to Reply # 2

Notice how on each run the ECU gained more and more after it learned the car a little. 10-15 extra horsepower at the wheels for just plugging it in.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

1TuffRSSep-18-02 03:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#33009, "RE: The LONG AWAITED AFX ECU is available!"
In response to Reply # 3

I would like to know how much they are as well. Also why do we need to send in cores for testing if he is "making them"

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

honcal98rsSep-18-02 03:48 AM
Member since Mar 21st 2002
296 posts,
#33010, "RE: The LONG AWAITED AFX ECU is available!"
In response to Reply # 4

Will it work good with turbo and/or nitrous? I'm interested, but I'm planning to use nitrous and then go turbo.

Brian

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS

Mods: Airbox modification, NGK-BKR5E spark plugs. There was a filter at the end of the stock intake pipe, but i ran over it.

Brian
West Melbourne, FL

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS(White)
1965 Ford Falcon

Mods: AF/X UDP, NGK-BKR5E spark plugs, Custom CAI. Best et...16.31 @ 85.50 mph with custom ram air intake.***That was with my old engine. I hydrolocked it, so now I have a completely stock engine***

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneSep-18-02 03:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#33011, "RE: The LONG AWAITED AFX ECU is available!"
In response to Reply # 5

Yes.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneSep-18-02 03:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#33012, "RE: The LONG AWAITED AFX ECU is available!"
In response to Reply # 4

He needs the cores to program. You can't just "build" them from scratch.

If you have any questions about it, please call Howell at 1-800-531-2184 ..

Someone there will be able to answer all of your questions. (or at least the ones i can't) Remember, this ECU put down 10fwHP with only 20-30 minutes total run time in the car (in THIRD gear - we should have dyno'd fourth). it barely had any time to learn its new life before we ran the crap out of it on the dyno.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

Danny95ESISep-18-02 04:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
900 posts,
#33013, "RE: The LONG AWAITED AFX ECU is available!"
In response to Reply # 7

why aren't they making the 95 ones?

Administratoradmin2Sep-18-02 04:21 AM
Old School 2GNTer
543 posts,
#33014, "RE: The LONG AWAITED AFX ECU is available!"
In response to Reply # 8

They don't make a 95 Neon ECU either. We're an oddball year. While there is some similarity between the 96-99 years, the 95's are a whole different ball game.

calcio20Sep-18-02 04:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
342 posts,
#33015, "UPDATE"
In response to Reply # 9

Well there was a reason why the price wasn't posted right away. I called up Howell only to find out they wanted $390 + $150 core charge.....Needless to say, Howell's really trying to make a buck on this. I'm going to wait for somebody else to crack it and maybe the price will go down. There's no way I'm shelling out $400 for a 10 hp gain, that hasn't been truly tested yet. There still could be long term effects with this.

IMHO, save the money towards a turbo (you're a 1/4 of the way there)or add nitrous (atleast a 50hp gain)....even though it isn't constant.

-Chris.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #33005 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Previous topic | Next topic