Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #120037
View in threaded mode

Subject: "To many miles for UDP? Emissions??" Previous topic | Next topic
99blackclipseFeb-09-07 06:19 AM
Member since Dec 17th 2006
128 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120037, "To many miles for UDP? Emissions??"

I purchased a AF/X UDP for howell and still waiting on it but my question is:

I have 104,xxx miles on my motor and im wondering if its safe to install it?

Also,

I purchased a 4-2-1 header and i will soon have to take the car to emissions, will the header cause any problems??

Thanks!!

eX-Drivers

"Eclipse tuners are a strange sort. They don't like talking about wings or color-matching side skirts and interiors. Eclipse tuners are performance-obsessed sleeper fanatics who dream only about downpipes, exhuast gases, and wastegates. Their cars aren't pretty, but have the ability to spank you silly on the highway. In other words, Eclipse tuners write checks their cars can cash. Mention the word "chrome" and they might drop a boot to your skull" -SuperStreet

My Wiki page- http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=99Blackclipse

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-09-07 06:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120038, "RE: To many miles for UDP? Emissions??"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by 99blackclipse
I purchased a AF/X UDP for howell and still waiting on it but my question is: I have 104,xxx miles on my motor and im wondering if its safe to install it?

Nope. I installed mine at 90K, for what its worth.

Originally posted by 99blackclipse
Also, I purchased a 4-2-1 header and i will soon have to take the car to emissions, will the header cause any problems?? Thanks!!

Depends on what state you live in. In California, it has to be a CARB-legal header with a CARB exemption. Anywhere else, it doesn't matter much.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

kain_99gsFeb-09-07 06:28 AM
Member since May 04th 2004
536 posts,
#120039, "RE: To many miles for UDP? Emissions??"
In response to Reply # 1

I believe what he was trying to say was, it IS safe to install.

http://talontimes.blogspot.com

99GS
95TSI

99blackclipseFeb-09-07 06:30 AM
128 posts,
#120040, "RE: To many miles for UDP? Emissions??"
In response to Reply # 2

Oh i should have added that i live in illinois, sorry.

But thanks for the reply!

eX-Drivers

"Eclipse tuners are a strange sort. They don't like talking about wings or color-matching side skirts and interiors. Eclipse tuners are performance-obsessed sleeper fanatics who dream only about downpipes, exhuast gases, and wastegates. Their cars aren't pretty, but have the ability to spank you silly on the highway. In other words, Eclipse tuners write checks their cars can cash. Mention the word "chrome" and they might drop a boot to your skull" -SuperStreet

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-09-07 06:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#120041, "RE: To many miles for UDP? Emissions??"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by kain_99gs
I believe what he was trying to say was, it IS safe to install.

Yes, that's what I meant. Late night last night, much booze and arguing with the girlfriend.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

ModeratorbullettdsmFeb-10-07 02:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#120042, "RE: To many miles for UDP? Emissions??"
In response to Reply # 4

Put my UDP on at about 105k. No problems. Went through emissions in CT with that on and my 4-1 header on. No problems.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

darkclarkFeb-12-07 04:43 AM
Member since Jul 20th 2006
75 posts,
#120043, "RE:off topic"
In response to Reply # 0

sorry to be off topic but which issue of super street did you get your signature from?

i only blew my 420a 0nce

99blackclipseFeb-14-07 04:46 PM
128 posts,
#120044, "RE:off topic"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by darkclark
sorry to be off topic but which issue of super street did you get your signature from?

I didnt notice this was implied to me untill i read it over lol.
But, i got the sig. from another buddy of mine that owns a GST, i can ask him and see where he got it from tho so ill get back to you.

eX-Drivers

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonFeb-14-07 05:10 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#120045, "RE:off topic"
In response to Reply # 7

IL just scanns your computer for 96+ so anything that doesnt affect the ECU will be fine. Crap my emissions are up in 4 months i think.

99blackclipseFeb-15-07 11:14 AM
128 posts,
#120046, "RE:off topic"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
IL just scanns your computer for 96+ so anything that doesnt affect the ECU will be fine. Crap my emissions are up in 4 months i think.

ah! that was good info to take in, thanks i have a better feeling now.

eX-Drivers

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #120037 Previous topic | Next topic