Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #404
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Fuel Filter change?" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
Nitrous_RS1997Apr-09-01 03:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1311 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#404, "Fuel Filter change?"

How much is the filter normally from the dealer? and what is involved in changing it? is it best left to a professional or can it be done by a shadetree mechanic pretty easily? thanks a lot for any info.

NitrousEclipse97@aol.com
1997 Eclipse RS
75-shot Nitrous Express(wet)
AEM CAI
Greddy EVO Exhaust
NGK Plugs&Wires(one range colder)
Front/Rear Upper Strut bars
Eibach Pro-Kit springs
Tokico Struts
17" Konig Imagines
Yokohama A520's
http://www.TeamKLR.com

1997 Silver RS
Built
T3/T4 BB Turbo
20psi
Most current 1/8th mile time: 8.1@93mph 2.015 60'
1996 Black Supra TT
2004 Silver Snake

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
EvMan2345Apr-09-01 03:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#405, "RE: Fuel Filter change?"
In response to Reply # 0

You dont have to get it from the dealer- auto places should have it- its pretty easy to change- my friend did it for me, but i could've easily done it

Evan B
02 Explorer
97 GS- sold
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

dsm1Apr-09-01 03:44 PM
Old School 2GNTer
388 posts,
#406, "RE: Fuel Filter change?"
In response to Reply # 1

Ya no doubt! Don't go to the dealer for the filter I'm not sure what the cost is but it's prolly 2 damn much. I got mine at a pep boys. All you need is basic hand tools dirty rags for gas spillage and jack stands because i'm sure you know our filter is located nicely under the car and you'll be doing the job on your back.

e-mail: blitzdsm1@aol.com

STAR Turbo stage II
180whp @ 5psi(untuned)

HadesOmegaApr-09-01 07:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#407, "RE: Fuel Filter change?"
In response to Reply # 2

Grrr you 97+ guys sure have it easy. The 95 is a pain in the ass to change. The filter isn't expensive, you can get it at your usual auto store, bout how much a oil filter costs, well an expensive one anyway. for the 95 I heard it's easier if you take out the battery first (which I didn't do maybe that's why it was hard for me) then take out the intake arm, windshield washer reservoir, brake master cylinder, etc...

95 Mitsu Eclipse RS
AFX Pulley | Performance Muffler | Cold Air Intake | KYB AGX Shox | Skunk2 Coilovers | and 1 highly skilled driver |

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Moderatorsd_eclipseApr-10-01 01:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#408, "RE: Fuel Filter change?"
In response to Reply # 3

I think the filter runs about $53ish from the dealer. I'd suggest going to some auto store and buy it there unless your hell bent on paying out the @ss from genuine mitsu. parts. Its pretty simple to do. I did my buddys 98rs and it was pretty quick and easy. Just make sure you put the lil cooper washers back in place correctly or you'll have a fuel leak.

Nitrous_RS1997Apr-10-01 01:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1311 posts,
#409, "RE: Fuel Filter change?"
In response to Reply # 4

Thanks for the help guys...but for just a second lets assume that im totally dumb(remember, just assuming! ) i will be truthful and say i have no clue where the fuel filter is on our cars. im sure i could get one of my buddys in the car club to do it for me, but i want to do it myself. you dont have to take me step by step, just a general idea. thanks a lot for any help.

NitrousEclipse97@aol.com
1997 Eclipse RS
AEM CAI
Greddy EVO Exhaust
Eibach Pro-Kit springs
Tokico Struts
17" Konig Imagines
Yokohama A520's

1997 Silver RS
Built
T3/T4 BB Turbo
20psi
1996 Black Supra TT
2004 Silver Snake

TeamMichael_97RSApr-10-01 02:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#410, "RE: Fuel Filter change?"
In response to Reply # 5

I have to chaange mine soon and if I remember right it right next to the gas tank. Passanger side in front of the rear wheel. Correct me if I'm wrong guys.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

EvMan2345Apr-10-01 02:17 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#411, "RE: Fuel Filter change?"
In response to Reply # 6

Thats the correct location

Evan B
02 Explorer
97 GS- sold
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

SkrillaApr-10-01 09:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#412, "Yep..."
In response to Reply # 6

Its pretty simple, one of the easier parts of our maintainance.

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Nitrous_RS1997Apr-10-01 03:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1311 posts,
#413, "RE: Yep..."
In response to Reply # 8

well, im glad to hear its really easy and i can do it myself, but what exactly am i looking for under the car? i have never done this before, but im pretty mechanically inclined. sorry for the dumb questions, and thanks for the help.

1997 Eclipse RS
AEM CAI
Greddy EVO Exhaust
Eibach Pro-Kit springs
Tokico Struts
17" Konig Imagines
Yokohama A520's

1997 Silver RS
Built
T3/T4 BB Turbo
20psi
1996 Black Supra TT
2004 Silver Snake

dsm1Apr-11-01 04:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
388 posts,
#414, "RE: Yep..."
In response to Reply # 9

When you jack up the car look underneath just in front of the rear passenger tire, tucked up there will be a small canister looking thing with a bracket. thats your filter. What you wanna do is loosen the two huge hoses on each end of the filter while its still mounted watch for leakinf gas when you loosen it. slowly take them off the loosen the bracket bolts holdings the filter in place. wala thats it just repeat in reverse order with the new filter. Check for leaks when your done. Have Fun!

e-mail: blitzdsm1@aol.com

STAR Turbo stage II
180whp @ 5psi(untuned)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #404 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic