Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #903
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Must you lower engine to install UDP?" Previous topic | Next topic
alexriesApr-20-01 07:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
133 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#903, "Must you lower engine to install UDP?"

I read a post a while back that said you had to lower the engine about 1/2 an inch to be able to remove and install the UDP. Is this accurate? If so, how much would it run me to have it installed, and where?

Coo'
1997 RS
Trust EVO Exhaust
'tis it

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
DAVE_FL (Guest)Apr-20-01 07:41 AM

#904, "RE: Must you lower engine to install UDP?"
In response to Reply # 0

I had mine installed at PEP BOYS when they did my timing belt. I think they charged me around $20-$30 extra to install it. So if your near 60000 miles just get it done at the same time.

DAVE_FL
97GS
AEM CAI
AFX PULLEY
AFX solid motor mount
Magnaflow exhaust
Sparkco 9mm wires
Eibach Pro Kit
tokico shocks
Altezzas
A Badass sound system
Indiglows,neons,and all that good stuff...hehe

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamMichael_97RSApr-20-01 08:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#905, "RE: Must you lower engine to install UDP?"
In response to Reply # 0

Not lower the motor out of the car. Just down. Take off teh side motor mount and lower the side with the jack. If you have a basic set of tooks you can rent what you don't need and do it your self. Saves money.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

RSin oRACLeApr-20-01 02:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
154 posts,
#906, "RE: Must you lower engine to install UDP?"
In response to Reply # 2

the same was done to mine when it was on the lift ...after the tire was removed my friend looked at it and said the same ... just a few cranks down on the mounts and it was easily attacked

Unorthadox racing pulley
Aem short ram intake
Apex-i N1 cat-back(2.5)
Nakiyama flat black euro tails
Black projection headlights
Oz m

alexriesApr-20-01 04:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
133 posts,
#907, "RE: Must you lower engine to install UDP?"
In response to Reply # 0

Where would you recommend placing the jack? I'm sure I should put a 2x12 on the jack so I don't dent anything I might be putting all this weight on right?

Coo'
1997 RS
Trust EVO Exhaust
'tis it

XT_DSMApr-20-01 04:52 PM
Old School 2GNTer
133 posts,
#908, "RE: Must you lower engine to install UDP?"
In response to Reply # 4

http://members.home.net/xtatdsm

yup you got that right, you will need to use a peace of wood uder the oil pan and drope the motor from there. you will first need to have the car sitting on jack stands, and use the jack to drop the engine.

Adel

Vector_Racing_BieApr-21-01 07:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
0 posts,
#909, "RE: Must you lower engine to install UDP?"
In response to Reply # 5

Do you guys think it worth the trouble to install. What kind of reasults did you get with the pulleys? Auto or Manual? With AC belt?

Only replacement for displacement:US

www.vectorracing.com

sheldonApr-21-01 12:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
128 posts,
#910, "RE: Must you lower engine to install UDP?"
In response to Reply # 6

Do you have to remove anything else besides the tire and inner fenderwell to get the pulley off/on?

99GSBBTurboApr-22-01 07:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1191 posts,
#911, "RE: Must you lower engine to install UDP?"
In response to Reply # 7

what about the alternater?? How would you change that?? I see that it's WAY in the engine ba Looks like fun!!

I GOT 3rd AT MY FIRST SHOW!!

Ball Bearing Star Stage II
"Power is nothing without control"

I use to have a White 99 GS Sport with a Star Stage II Ball Bearing T3/T4 turbo...it was fun untill....well those who remember me know Oh Ya...this is what I have now... a 99' GSX...

TeamMichael_97RSApr-23-01 01:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#912, "RE: Must you lower engine to install UDP?"
In response to Reply # 8

Alternator... can be installed by Ray Charles. you have to work by feel for most of it. You'll have to get under and reach up feel for the bolts and connectors.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #903 Previous topic | Next topic