Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #1189
View in threaded mode

Subject: "PVC Intake" Previous topic | Next topic
jltucsonApr-24-01 07:52 PM
Old School 2GNTer
39 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1189, "PVC Intake"

I was reading that PVC cold air intake on the 2gnt Mods page.. And was wondering, of course it will increase horsepower, but will it give the cool intake sound like real intakes? Thanks,

Joe

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
TalonApr-25-01 01:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
258 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1190, "RE: PVC Intake"
In response to Reply # 0

dont know i bought the injen intake from RRE. in a prev post someone stated that pvc is not good to use. when it heats up it gives off some very toxic fumes...even just a little heat. dont know if this is true but i like mine and it is safe, and looks nice under the hood.

Talon
97'Talon Esi
Smokin' Honduh's All Day Long!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Team96NOS_EclipseApr-25-01 03:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
294 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1191, "RE: PVC Intake"
In response to Reply # 1

You need ABS pipeing if you don't want the toxic fumes. It should make the cool intake sound, the Iceman intake is made of the same thing and sounds cool. An Ingen would be a more mettalic sound due to the metal pipeing.

Michelle
96 Eclipse Base Model
Best 14.6@93 w/60 shot

1997 Eclipse RS
1991 Eclipse GSX
1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1989 Dodge Daytona 2.5 turbo
(tinker car)
1996 Eclipse base model RIP

HeDogApr-25-01 08:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
#1192, "Yes it does"
In response to Reply # 0

HeDog

'95 Northstar White Pearl GS (AT)

http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=879

HeDog

'95 Eclipse GS/Turboed

HRC Stage II with FMIC.

nick95rs (Guest)Apr-25-01 10:06 AM

#1193, "RE: Yes it does"
In response to Reply # 3

Hey man i made a cold air intake out of pvc, i havn't died or gone crazy yet so i don't guess it gives off that much toxic gas. I have some pics if you would like to see it, they are not the most resent ones, but you will get an idea. I have made a couple changes to it, and i don't think it looks that bad, and it was a whole lot cheaper, and yes it has a nice sound to it.

Nick

95 RS
Energy suspention motor mount inserts
Custom CAI w/ K&N filter
AFX pulley
Magnaflow Muffler
f/r Upper strut bars
16X8 3000GT rims with 225/50's
RRE lower bar on order
Accel 8mm plug wires
nick95rs@yahoo.com
AIM: nick95rs

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #1189 Previous topic | Next topic