Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #1243
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Help, Need new radiator, any sugestions?" Previous topic | Next topic
4hellaApr-26-01 01:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
20 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1243, "Help, Need new radiator, any sugestions?"

Crack in radiator, needs replaced, what are my choices?

Thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
TeamMichael_97RSApr-26-01 01:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1244, "RE: Help, Need new radiator, any sugestions?"
In response to Reply # 0

1. Go To SATAN
2. Buy a regular replacement at a local parts store
3. RRE modified Fluidyne radiator (My personal choice, but a little pricey)

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather filters, 55mm TB, FU/RU/RL STBs, Red silicone hose kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, GS-T Muffler, Intake manifold 4 porting, Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts. RRE FL Tie Bar, TSW Blade 17x7.5 (need tires)

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Vector_Racing_BieApr-29-01 02:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
0 posts,
#1245, "RE: Help, Need new radiator, any sugestions?"
In response to Reply # 0

Is your car auto or stick?

I had the same problem a little while back. Don't wait to buy a new one! I was stupid and waited too long and the inlet pipe to the radiator blew. Anyway, If yours is auto you will need to buy one with a BUILT IN TRANS COOLER or buy a seporate trans cooler!

NOTE-Fluidyne and KOYO radiators DO NOT have trans coolers built in.

If your car is stick you can go ahead and dish out the extra money and buy a nice aluminum Fluidyne or so forth. My car is auto so I just went with a "cheap" aftermarket radiator no one has heard of. But it does look pretty cool, it's a gloss black unit and havent had a problem since.

Only replacement for displacement:US

www.vectorracing.com

TeamDeanoDApr-29-01 03:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
#1246, "if your budget is tight"
In response to Reply # 0

Contact Dan at http://www.allmitsubishi.com and ask him if he as a used on for you. His parts are clean and he is a member of Club DSM Arkansas.

DeanoD
1997RS-NeverTurbo
http://ar.dsm.org

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #1243 Previous topic | Next topic