Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #40922
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Upgrading Fuel and Ignition." Previous topic | Next topic
1FastEclipseJan-05-03 01:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
467 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40922, "Upgrading Fuel and Ignition."

I need to upgrade my fuel system and my ignition to support the nitrous in the spring. What are some good, resonably priced pumps, injectors, and ignitions? I don't want to spend to much now. They just need to be able to support a 100 shot when I occasionally shoot it. Thanks.

99GSX Auto 14b@17psi 13.345@102mph

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
1FastEclipseJan-06-03 10:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
467 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40923, "RE: Upgrading Fuel and Ignition."
In response to Reply # 0

Come on guys, Goin to Summit Racing tomorrow. I need some suggestions!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ChamukoJan-06-03 06:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#40924, "RE: Upgrading Fuel and Ignition."
In response to Reply # 1

you have better luck going through the nitrous section. Also not to be mrude but its been asked... just giving you a reply since no one else is. Better hurry before a mod sees this.. : ) just messing guys..

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

1FastEclipseJan-07-03 01:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
467 posts,
#40925, "RE: Upgrading Fuel and Ignition."
In response to Reply # 2

You guys tell more people "its been asked" then you ever help them. I looked throught the things we've seen before, searched left and right and I find nothing. Just because Nitrous was mentioned doesn't meen it goes in that forum, the question was "What are some good Fuel injectors, pumps, and ignition? Sorry to sound so rude but come'on guys.

Moderator992gntJan-07-03 01:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#40926, "RE: Upgrading Fuel and Ignition."
In response to Reply # 3

I don't know what you need to support a 100 shot of nitrous. Maybe it would be a good idea to ask in the nitrous section?

Injectors - Ford, Accel, RC Engineeering, HRC
Fuel pumps - Walbro, Supra, Holley, ND
Ignition - MSD, Crane

There's probably others, but I would have to do a search to find them. BTW, a search of "Fuel Injectors" brought back 14 pages of posts in just 4 forums. It's a lot to look through, but the info is there.

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

CollenteJan-07-03 02:48 AM
Member since Sep 20th 2002
2447 posts,
#40927, "RE: Upgrading Fuel and Ignition."
In response to Reply # 4

Our ECU can handle up to 315cc injectors, get the Ford Motorsport ones I think they have the red cap. You can get them on ebay for like 120$.
As for a fuel pump, I love my walbro. I payed 110$ after shipping brand new.
Ignition:
I personally think that Crane has a better ignition setup. But It apears that MSD has more features (IE, timing retard, I'm not sure if crane has one?)But if your not needing timing retard, and you just want a killer ignition.. I would go with Crane.

Hope this helps..

Nick
97RS
Custom IHI Stage2
Obx exhaust, Limo Tint,
Custom interior, Upper Strut Bar, Kenwood/pioneer stereo.

Nick
97RS

TeamMichael_97RSJan-07-03 03:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#40928, "RE: Upgrading Fuel and Ignition."
In response to Reply # 5

If (when upgrading injectors, I'll probably go with accell, Howell sells a set of 4 for $140 (24lb/hr).

Walbro is a good name intank fuel pump. You can also get an inline one... just depends on what you want to spend.

1997 Eclipse RS (in winter slumber for head gasket repair and other projects)

He who knows men is clever; He who knows himself has insight.
He who conquers men has force; He who conquers himself is truly strong.
-Lao Tzu

Injen CAI, AFX 55mm TB, P&P Intake Manifold, Crower Stage 2 Cams, Hooker Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, Apexi S-AFC

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #40922 Previous topic | Next topic