Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #68518
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Long Tube Headers" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
FastFabricationsFeb-16-04 03:36 AM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
23 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68518, "Long Tube Headers"

Fast Fabrications is now considering building long tube headers for the 2gnt, any input would be great as in what you guys are looking for in a header, price only, performance only, somewhere in the middle? lets do this on a sliding scale from 1 to 10, "1" being the best price and "10" being an absolute race header with price not being a factor, remember Im just trying to find out what you guys are looking for thanx Jason 336-627-0222

www.fastfabrications.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
1996talonFeb-16-04 05:41 AM
Member since May 23rd 2003
328 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68521, "RE: Long Tube Headers"
In response to Reply # 0
Feb-16-04 05:48 AM by 1996talon

nt

1996 Eagle Talon ESi

intake, apexi N1 exhaust, hi flow cat
17" hyperblack exel tz-7's
next: AFX UDP and 60 mm throttle body

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TalonSpeedFeb-16-04 06:39 AM
Member since Oct 15th 2002
446 posts,
#68525, "RE: Long Tube Headers"
In response to Reply # 1

Well the problem with making a header for the 420a is that many people believe that there are minimal gains to be found. For example Greddy makes a header for the 420a, cost around $400 (i think), its a good quality header. SportCompactCar intalled this header on an eclipse and only got really low gains.

http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0202it_ppeclipse/index.html

Some members have installed headers on their cars and felt as though they wasted their money. Now I have a OBX header i got from SSautochrome for $135 shipped (if u email them they will cut you a deal even lower than ebay). As you know their warehouse is here in Morrisville NC. I live about 10 mins away in Raleigh, NC. I like my header, cant beat it for the price i got, and i got some nice gains with it. I do have cams, port work, etc so gains on my car would probably be more than a stock 420a.

I can come to the shop one weekend and let you look at my car for fitment or ideas, i even have a spare obx header w\o downpipe laying around somewhere (long story on why i have two).

What the 2gnt really needs is a custom intake manifold, with crane 16s my car needs more air flow.

95dsmrsprojFeb-16-04 02:16 PM
Member since Oct 25th 2003
375 posts,
#68563, "RE: Long Tube Headers"
In response to Reply # 2
Feb-16-04 02:17 PM by 95dsmrsproj

What I'm looking for...maybe others too
1)Stainless!
2)o2 bung in stock location (as an option)
3)REAL performance increase(if possible)
4)comes w/stainless downpipe(PLEASE make a stainless DP!!!)
5)under $600
6)heat shield option???? (Nobody has this.)
....btw, do you have pics/price/info on the 420A sheetmetal intake???
...is this intake drag only? Thanks

WickedESiFeb-16-04 02:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#68565, "RE: Long Tube Headers"
In response to Reply # 3

exhaust wrap > heat shield

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

95dsmrsprojFeb-16-04 02:54 PM
375 posts,
#68566, "RE: Long Tube Headers"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by WickedESi
exhaust wrap > heat shield
"not-so-pretty"...lol

95dsmrsprojFeb-16-04 03:09 PM
375 posts,
#68570, "RE: Long Tube Headers"
In response to Reply # 4

Hey guys! I just got finished talking to Jason, and he is serious about this. Anyone see the June 2003 issue of HCI...Darrell Cox's 7 second bound SRT-4? Ever heard of Team MOPAR? Well, If you have...this is what Jason does. He's talking SERIOUS gains with the Non-turbo header...There are different options that he's going to be making available for it.(He'll have more info as more interest arises.)This header should make 10-15 HP on a stock RS! The header is still in Prototype stages, but very close to completion! Sounds awesome, and the price should be VERY competitive. Doesn't the Greddy only make something like 5 HP max over stock? He also has a sheet metal intake that is up-and-coming as well. I think this is the only other one out there besides the Venom....but this one actually provides noticeable gains! Just thought I'd share.

1996talonFeb-16-04 03:29 PM
Member since May 23rd 2003
328 posts,
#68573, "RE: Long Tube Headers"
In response to Reply # 6

if they actually have those gains like you describe, id buy both

1996 Eagle Talon ESi

intake, apexi N1 exhaust, hi flow cat
17" hyperblack exel tz-7's
next: AFX UDP and 60 mm throttle body

ajna_starFeb-16-04 04:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5730 posts,
#68575, "RE: Long Tube Headers"
In response to Reply # 7
Feb-16-04 04:13 PM by ajna_star

greddy makes like.... 1 or 2 hp at the wheels...

ide love a header that made some real power... but not for 600$ :-p

*edit*
well... if it actually made 15-20hp at the wheels... then ide consider 600$

2005 Corolla XRS
2ZZ 6-speed

JWoodleyFeb-16-04 04:23 PM
Member since Mar 27th 2003
2335 posts,
#68576, "RE: Long Tube Headers"
In response to Reply # 8
Feb-16-04 04:24 PM by JWoodley

if you want people to buy it and help out the 420a community, don't overprice your products. you'll make lots more profit if its reasonably priced than if u jack up the price and sell maybe 10. also, i live 30 minutes away from Walker Dynotune {where smithey of NABR goes } so I could get some nice pulls.

SilverRSFeb-17-04 03:36 AM
Member since Aug 03rd 2003
274 posts,
#68606, "RE: Long Tube Headers"
In response to Reply # 0

are the estimates of 10-15hp at the wheels or at the crank?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #68518 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic