Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #110959
View in threaded mode

Subject: "HELP with axle removal please." Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTNov-02-04 04:35 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110959, "HELP with axle removal please."

Hey I am to the point of where I need to get the axles out of the tranny now to almost finish to get ready to lift this bitch out hopefully soon. all i know of how to do, lol, is to remove the cotter pin and the hub nut and speaking of, WONT FUCKING COME OFF! i tried heating it until it was fucking red hot and it wont budge, that bitch is rusted on there. oh well after some more heat and rust breaker, it will come off soon i think. anyway, can anyone give me some step by steps to get these axles out asap please. thanks, any help w/ details will so greatly be appreciated!

thanks

btw, i took off my d/p today from the turbo and are the turbine blades suposed to be white?

thanks again

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
ughhheadNov-01-04 03:17 PM
Member since Jul 05th 2003
775 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110960, "RE: HELP with axle removal please."
In response to Reply # 0
Nov-02-04 05:54 AM by DarkOne

so wait, you're pulling your tranny? if you're pulling your tranny, then all you need to do is to pop the axle out of the tranny with a crow bar. very easy... see...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse982nrRSTNov-01-04 03:23 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#110961, "RE: HELP with axle removal please."
In response to Reply # 1

oh fucking ass, thats it! i dont have to remove ANYTHING else?! not even that damn hub nut or anything!? i just pop those out with the crow bar and im set to go on both sides.

ughhheadNov-01-04 03:38 PM
Member since Jul 05th 2003
775 posts,
#110962, "RE: HELP with axle removal please."
In response to Reply # 2

yes dude that's it, very easy. all you have to do is put the crow bar just as i had it in the picture and bang your fist on it and pop it out, just make darn sure you're on the green part. they acutlly have little notches specifically for popping them out. the axles have alot of flex in them too so it's very easy to get them out of the way. just tie them up to something to keep them out of the way. good luck man, if you need any more help, just im me at ughhhead84. i should be on for a little longer. points maybe? lol

tim97rsNov-02-04 04:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#110963, "RE: HELP with axle removal please."
In response to Reply # 3
Nov-02-04 04:20 AM by tim97rs

nm

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

madhatter210Nov-02-04 04:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2720 posts,
#110964, "RE: HELP with axle removal please."
In response to Reply # 4

Would be nice to see the pic stay for future refrence for anybody that needs to ask the same ? .....and maybe a write-up to be put in the mods section for anybody wanting to swap axles.Maybe added to ....the topic about ...to pull the tranny with the motor "yes or no"

http://www.murderpimp.com

2gnt T-shirts&swag
http://www.cafepress.com/mads

ModeratorCorbinNov-02-04 06:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#110965, "RE: HELP with axle removal please."
In response to Reply # 5

There is an axle swap page on 2GNT:

http://www.2gnt.com/www/corbin/axle.html

If you are just removing the trans, you don't need to go through all the steps. You would just follow what Dino posted below.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
Now with more power and fewer leaks

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneNov-02-04 05:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#110966, "RE: HELP with axle removal please."
In response to Reply # 3

In order to do this and be able to move the axles out of the way, be sure to unbolt the lower control arm and trailing arm from the chassis, and remove the bolt the connects the lower control arm to the strut form. This gives you enough play in the suspension to fully disengage the axle from the trans and move it out of the way.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #110959 Previous topic | Next topic