Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #110779
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Plans for my DD 95 GS..." 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Previous topic | Next topic
740 turbo brickDec-04-08 12:16 AM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110779, "Plans for my DD 95 GS..."

Ive been on and off about this for a while, but now that I have a job Im planning on going thru with it.

So far, my mods are:
OBX 4-1 header, ceramic coated
Magnaflow cat
Borla 2.5" exhaust
Full CAI
MSD pack and wires
F1 racing clutch

Mods for the near future:
Crower cams, possibly valve kit and cam gears
55-60mm tb, possibly spacer also
UDP

Im just looking for some feedback to the mods I have now, how they will react to the mods to come, and some specifics such as should I go with crower 1s or 2s. I read Stars long post in the Cams thread, and it really made me rethink what cams I want. I want to make some decent power from this car, but I would like it to remain streetable, and for the most part reliable. Also any other suggestions, other than a turbo kit, are completely welcome for mods I should consider.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
CyexmasterDec-04-08 07:12 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
324 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110780, "RE: Plans for my DD 95 GS..."
In response to Reply # 0

All that sounds good, if it were i'd do it but with a NO2 on the side just to make it more fun, a 75 shot seem really good and with a good tune y think you could do decent power, plus try and take out everything in the car thats not necesary. Our cars are really heavy, try to gut the back so the front gets most of the weight that helps with the traction..

Status- Need to do break-in...

Try not to challenge me, I'd rather tie up than lose. Either way you NEVER WIN.... - Me..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratortekleinDec-04-08 07:13 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#110781, "RE: Plans for my DD 95 GS..."
In response to Reply # 0

If you arent going to do a good port and polish, then higher end cams wont be worth it IMO.

Id go with a Crane 12, after reading the Cams discussion, the Crane 12's seem to be an awesome choice for street and low end mods. Either cam you want to get springs. Bullett showed me that the Crower 4G63 valve springs work great, and they are about 85 dollars from Race Engineering.

Do the UDP and TB ASAP, you have no idea what your missing! Between my 60mm Modern TB and the UDP, the car feels more free. Very fun.

foggy45Dec-04-08 08:49 AM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#110782, "RE: Plans for my DD 95 GS..."
In response to Reply # 2

second the TB and UDP!

also if its DD with a little "spirited driving" id look into some littel mods outside the engine bay.
Symbroski shift kit and either a brass or rollerbeari1ng cable endlink kit will make shifting much more crisp
add in a B&M short shifter and your money! you'll love it

then grab a few handling mods such as strut braces and sway bar upgrades and you will feel as though you have a totally different DD.

as this is a DD, if you can find a spare head and intake to work with and build outside the car it will minimise your downtime to just a weekend head swap then you can sell the other, or save it as a backup

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

740 turbo brickDec-04-08 01:37 PM
831 posts,
#110788, "RE: Plans for my DD 95 GS..."
In response to Reply # 3

Ya know what I love about this site, everyone tells me exactly what Im asking for without telling me Im "wasting my time" with my car. Its awesome.

Ive wondered about running Nitrous before, but Im not sure if I trust it. Ive seen alot of videos of intake mani's blowing up from improper use. But maybe after I get all the things I really want Ill look into it.

Ill probably buy the TB and UDP next then, and I really cant wait to feel the car after that.

And foggy thanks for the advice on the head man. As long as I can save up the money and find a head for it, Ill have it ported/polished and install my cams and springs on that.

So would the crower 2s really respond well to a port and polish? Where should I get that done at, just ask any reputable machine shop?

Thanks for all the help.

186 WHP - 150 WTQ

740 turbo brickDec-04-08 01:51 PM
831 posts,
#110789, "RE: Plans for my DD 95 GS..."
In response to Reply # 4

Wow I just checked out modern perfomance and the TB is pretty expensive. I saw one on ebay for like $160, so do they just pop up on there every once in a while? And the crane 12's are pretty much the same as crower 2s right?

186 WHP - 150 WTQ

ModeratortekleinDec-04-08 02:59 PM
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#110793, "RE: Plans for my DD 95 GS..."
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by 740 turbo brick
Wow I just checked out modern perfomance and the TB is pretty expensive. I saw one on ebay for like $160, so do they just pop up on there every once in a while? And the crane 12's are pretty much the same as crower 2s right?

Accoring the research done by others, yes the 12's are kinda like Crower 2's.

I bought my Modern TB used. Click my sig link for a Jeep TB article, PM me if you want to talk, I have some core TB's if your interested.

ModeratortekleinDec-04-08 03:00 PM
1699 posts,
#110794, "RE: Plans for my DD 95 GS..."
In response to Reply # 4
Dec-04-08 03:01 PM by teklein

Originally posted by 740 turbo brick
Ya know what I love about this site, everyone tells me exactly what Im asking for without telling me Im "wasting my time" with my car. Its awesome. Ive wondered about running Nitrous before, but Im not sure if I trust it. Ive seen alot of videos of intake mani's blowing up from improper use. But maybe after I get all the things I really want Ill look into it. Ill probably buy the TB and UDP next then, and I really cant wait to feel the car after that. And foggy thanks for the advice on the head man. As long as I can save up the money and find a head for it, Ill have it ported/polished and install my cams and springs on that. So would the crower 2s really respond well to a port and polish? Where should I get that done at, just ask any reputable machine shop? Thanks for all the help.

You want to find a shop that specializes in 4 cylinder heads. Just ask around your area.

ModeratorbullettdsmDec-04-08 03:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#110795, "RE: Plans for my DD 95 GS..."
In response to Reply # 7

You're wasting your time with your car, man!

Just wanted to make you feel at more at home

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Slo2gDec-04-08 09:36 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#110798, "RE: Plans for my DD 95 GS..."
In response to Reply # 8

Nitrous is great, and if you stick with a 75 shot or less you shouldn't have any problems with any of it IF installed correctly. I ran nitrous for a long time and its fun and I think worth the money. The biggest shot I ran on my car was a 150 shot and the first time I did the fuel pill was too large and I had an intake backfire from puddling I think(it messed up my map sensor and blew the filter off of my intake(AEM V2)), thats the only time that I had a problem with it. One big thing I recomend with a nirous kit is a bottle heater, makes a HUGE difference!

740 turbo brickDec-10-08 12:52 PM
831 posts,
#110814, "RE: Plans for my DD 95 GS..."
In response to Reply # 9

Well Ive started the process of making all this magic happen, and so far I think I found a head to do some porting and polishing on, just need to tell him what I think its worth and have the cash to get it.

Im planning on taking this head to a guy who owns a shop who used to drag funny cars to do the work on it. After I get it ported/polished will it need bigger valves? Or should it keep the same valves and just flow more? Just wanting to make sure so I dont set myself back.

186 WHP - 150 WTQ

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #110779 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Previous topic | Next topic