Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #108691
View in threaded mode

Subject: "420a project" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
1996BlackGSntMay-18-08 04:53 PM
Member since Apr 28th 2008
35 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108691, "420a project"

Ok Guys so far this is what i decided i wanted in my achievements and price range....

about 300whp...
Price range....1500$-$3000...Turbo will be given to me for free for birthday...No bigge

Looking for best build for the price... Flywheel and Clutch?

Pistons: JE. What type?
Rods: Eagle. What type?
Injectors:500cc What type?
Fuel pump: Walbro 255lbr What Type?

Piston rings : Total Seal..What Type?

Open to suggestions....

Need help bad...

Were do I buy all the parts from...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
eclipse982nrRSTMay-19-08 12:38 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108692, "RE: 420a project"
In response to Reply # 0
May-19-08 12:38 AM by eclipse982nrRST

Originally posted by 1996BlackGSnt
Ok Guys so far this is what i decided i wanted in my achievements and price range.... about 300whp... Price range....1500$-$3000...Turbo will be given to me for free for birthday...No bigge Looking for best build for the price... Flywheel and Clutch? Pistons: JE. What type? Rods: Eagle. What type? Injectors:500cc What type? Fuel pump: Walbro 255lbr What Type? Piston rings : Total Seal..What Type? Open to suggestions.... Need help bad... Were do I buy all the parts from...

Pistons, get them from a SRT-10 motor, they work great.
Rods, get them from a GS-T.
Flywheel, just remove it, you dont need it any more with a turbo.
Injectors, get some 1500cc's off of ebay.
Fuel pump, same thing, SRT-10.
Rings, for high boost, dont even use any.

Other suggestions? Yes you need help dearly, do not turbo your car because obviously you are NOT ready to do and your going to end up blowing something up and I can tell by reading this post. Use the SEARCH function, you will find EVERY answer to EVERY question you just asked.

Welcome, NEWBIE.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RoninEclipse2GMay-19-08 06:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#108695, "RE: 420a project"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
Pistons, get them from a SRT-10 motor, they work great. Rods, get them from a GS-T. Flywheel, just remove it, you dont need it any more with a turbo. Injectors, get some 1500cc's off of ebay. Fuel pump, same thing, SRT-10. Rings, for high boost, dont even use any. Welcome, NEWBIE.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

ModeratortekleinMay-19-08 06:12 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#108696, "RE: 420a project"
In response to Reply # 2
May-19-08 06:13 AM by teklein

Oh my god, that was amaing.

I just loled at work!

:

ModeratortekleinMay-19-08 06:22 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#108697, "RE: 420a project"
In response to Reply # 3

And which turbo are you getting for you birthday?

Just curious.

slippi84May-19-08 06:35 AM
Member since Jul 02nd 2007
11 posts,
#108698, "RE: 420a project"
In response to Reply # 4

I don't think it was that funny but yeahhhh def search.

Dump the cash so you can dump the clutch

mcgyvrMay-19-08 06:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#108699, "RE: 420a project"
In response to Reply # 5

Great..So now when the next kid comes on and actually uses the search chances are he will find that bullshit response and actually think he can use those parts..
Good job prick.. way to help.
Everything has been asked already why not just shut down the boards to new posts and just put a big search button on the top..

I do agree that the origional poster should do a little more searching but there is so much info on here is almost impossible to read/sort through it all. We all need a little help to get started..

Start here
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=POWER

I would suggest getting a hahn turbo kit http://www.turbosystem.com/(stage 2 minimum). Look at their stage 3 as it comes with all the bottom end components (pistons/rods/rings,etc..) you will need.
Can you buy the bottom end parts separately and do a little better on the price?..Sure but you might spend just as much time/money figuring that out on your own..

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

eclipse982nrRSTMay-19-08 07:38 AM
6314 posts,
#108700, "RE: 420a project"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by mcgyvr
Great..So now when the next kid comes on and actually uses the search chances are he will find that bullshit response and actually think he can use those parts.. Good job prick.. way to help. Everything has been asked already why not just shut down the boards to new posts and just put a big search button on the top.. I do agree that the origional poster should do a little more searching but there is so much info on here is almost impossible to read/sort through it all. We all need a little help to get started.. Start here http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=POWER I would suggest getting a hahn turbo kit http://www.turbosystem.com/(stage 2 minimum). Look at their stage 3 as it comes with all the bottom end components (pistons/rods/rings,etc..) you will need. Can you buy the bottom end parts separately and do a little better on the price?..Sure but you might spend just as much time/money figuring that out on your own..

Are you serious? If anyone out there read my reply and actually THINKS for one damn millisecond, that they could use those parts and not use a flywheel, THEY DO NOT NEED TO BE DRIVING OR EVEN ATTEMPTING TO TURBO A FUCKING ENGINE.

I swear to God, there is a post a week of newbies on here asking what parts to use to turbo their cars. What do we see a month later after these new guys get everything? How do we install a turbo? What is a oil drain line? I have fuel cut, why? BECAUSE THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE DOING. Most of them think, I want to go fast, so shit, lets just slap a turbo on, right, its easy, it just bolts on...No, thats not how it works at all fella's.

Anyone can call me a prick all they want, but I gurantee theere were probably 10 other people that wanted to say the same thing.

This is the thing, we need some type of write before all these new guys and girls join that says in big bold letters, CHANCES ARE, YOUR QUESTION OR CONCERNS HAVE ALREADY BEEN ASKED SINCE THIS SITE IS 10 YEAS OLD NOW, SO, TRY USING THE SEARCH FUNCTION SO MIKE OR ANYONE ELSE DOES NOT GET ON YOUR CASE SINCE THESE QUESTIONS HAVE SERIOUSLY BEEN ASWERED PROBABLY OVER 500 TIMES THROUGH OUT TIME.

I dont get, but whatever.

I am a prick, such is life.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

mcgyvrMay-19-08 08:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#108701, "RE: 420a project"
In response to Reply # 7
May-19-08 08:22 AM by mcgyvr

Ok.. I'll try being a BANME! and seeing what they would have to go through.

So I want a turbo.. So I go to the turbo forum..Oh whats this on the top "Got turbo questions? Check this thread first! (Swap info!)" http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=96054&mesg_id=96054&page=

Wow I'll check that link out..
What every link is dead.. Well fuck that didn't work..

So maybe I'll try the search.. What would I search for.. how about "pistons for turbo rebuild" ......129 results.. first one "my dipstick popped" thats no help..
SO Ill try the next one.. what do I see but another bullshit post from Mike about using the search..

See what I mean.. Its not so easy..
If your gonna post atleast post something usefull.."search" is not usefull.

In order to search properly you have to at least have some knowledge about what to put in the search box to yield usefull results..Most cannot do that.. I've been on this board practically since it started and I hate using the search button also because its not helpful.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

eclipse982nrRSTMay-19-08 09:26 AM
6314 posts,
#108702, "RE: 420a project"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by mcgyvr
Ok.. I'll try being a BANME! and seeing what they would have to go through. So I want a turbo.. So I go to the turbo forum..Oh whats this on the top "Got turbo questions? Check this thread first! (Swap info!)" http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=96054&mesg_id=96054&page= Wow I'll check that link out.. What every link is dead.. Well fuck that didn't work.. So maybe I'll try the search.. What would I search for.. how about "pistons for turbo rebuild" ......129 results.. first one "my dipstick popped" thats no help.. SO Ill try the next one.. what do I see but another bullshit post from Mike about using the search.. See what I mean.. Its not so easy.. If your gonna post atleast post something usefull.."search" is not usefull. In order to search properly you have to at least have some knowledge about what to put in the search box to yield usefull results..Most cannot do that.. I've been on this board practically since it started and I hate using the search button also because its not helpful.

Well I am not going to argue with you.

But you have to admit that we see atleast one of these posts a damn week...

You can even google about turbo'ing a 420a and get good feedback from there.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

foggy45May-19-08 12:19 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#108703, "RE: 420a project"
In response to Reply # 9

both of you have very valid points.
yes this question is asked a bunch recently.
and yes we should usually search

however being that this site IS 10 years old it is true that a lot of the old links are dead ends.

also the hard part of doing a pure sticky thread are the "Custom Kits" that people want to do.
for those i will agree that some degree of "Turbocharger Theory and Application" knowledge is needed.

/sigh i will see if i can farm through a bunch of old stuff and see what i can do for both schools of thought on this topic.

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #108691 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic