Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #93869
View in threaded mode

Subject: "crank sensor removal - wont come off" Previous topic | Next topic
.bs0dOct-15-05 06:10 AM
Member since Jan 14th 2004
597 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93869, "crank sensor removal - wont come off"

hey, im in the process of replacing my crank sensor... one problem, I took off the one bolt, but it wont pull out? it will wiggle back and forth, but wont come out.

just wanted to know if im not doing something i should, or just use brute force. thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-15-05 09:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93870, "RE: crank sensor removal - wont come off"
In response to Reply # 0

Pull on it like a man, sissyboy

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse982nrRSTOct-15-05 10:11 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#93871, "RE: crank sensor removal - wont come off"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by DarkOne
Pull on it like a man, sissyboy

ouch

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

.bs0dOct-15-05 10:24 AM
597 posts,
#93872, "RE: crank sensor removal - wont come off"
In response to Reply # 2

haha. its off - its hard to get to, not much room for pullin. With the sensor I got, i had to replace the clip as well.

i got the new sensor in with the new clip in hopes of curing bucking and dead starts (starts -> dies, but eventually will start).

didnt cure the problem. on to the camshaft position sensor?

replaced so far...

crank sensor & clip
relays
coolant temp sensor
spark plugs
cracked pcv hose

sikeOct-15-05 02:17 PM
Member since Aug 06th 2003
531 posts,
#93875, "RE: crank sensor removal - wont come off"
In response to Reply # 3

I had the same problem with the dying and not wanting to restart right away. I had bad surges like the car was shutting off and comming back on and sometimes it would just shit on me and cut out entirely and not turn back on for random amounts of time (1min-1hr). I replaced the ECU with another and I ended up having the same problem with that one, but I bought a brand new one from dodge and I haven't had the problem since. I believe part of the problem was my crank sensor though because the car still misfired pretty badly until I replaced it.

.bs0dOct-15-05 02:43 PM
597 posts,
#93877, "RE: crank sensor removal - wont come off"
In response to Reply # 4

yea, and thats the one I just replaced AND the clip, but no cigar. is it possible that it is the cam sensor?

sikeOct-15-05 04:52 PM
Member since Aug 06th 2003
531 posts,
#93878, "RE: crank sensor removal - wont come off"
In response to Reply # 5

I'd try swaping ecu's from another 2gnt. Only takes a second and free if you know someone with one. I think CAS is a possibilty.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #93869 Previous topic | Next topic