Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #78439
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Holy fuck my breaks went out." 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
DSMRoadsterAug-02-04 03:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#78439, "Holy fuck my breaks went out."

I just finished changing my alternator and drove around all day fine, except for the fact that I forgot to tightened my front right rim. But that's fixed. So I was driving around and stepped on the breaks. Those fuckers didn't work. The ebrakes work, but the pedal didn't. It was stiff and hard just like when the car is off. I have no idea how this could happen. I checked the break fluid and it's fine.

intricatelines.com/ -graphics and vinyls

"Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
420AYEAug-02-04 03:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#78441, "RE: Holy fuck my breaks went out."
In response to Reply # 0

power steering or something maybe. i dunno. check your belts
make sure they are tight enough. they should have little give when u push on them.

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

OldGuyAug-02-04 03:39 PM
Member since May 04th 2003
1077 posts,
#78442, "RE: Holy fuck my breaks went out."
In response to Reply # 0

Hey Killer, check to see if your brake vacuum hose is hooked up to the booster. Also check to see if you have fluid in both reservoirs. Your e-brake will work because it is a direct mechanical link to the rear set. Look to see if something is damaged near that wheel that was loose too...

BTW, was that your coffee "breaks" or your car "brakes"??

Just Bustin' Ya Balls son!

So now at 44 what the hell do I do?

DSMRoadsterAug-02-04 03:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
#78443, "RE: Holy fuck my breaks went out."
In response to Reply # 2

where is that vacuum hose to the booster?

For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

TeamMichael_97RSAug-02-04 04:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#78447, "RE: Holy fuck my brakes went out."
In response to Reply # 3

Back of t he manifold to the brake booster on the drivers side firewall.

Exile Racing Technologies: http://www.exileracing.com
So. All that's left, is... everything - Jesse James

DSMRoadsterAug-02-04 04:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
#78452, "RE: Holy fuck my brakes went out."
In response to Reply # 4
Aug-02-04 05:24 PM by DSMRoadster

Well when I went to look, one of them big vacuum hoses did come off completely. Then when I reconnected that shit, the brake pedal is still tight, just like when the car is off. anybody else ever had this happened where the brake pedals just suddenly give out like the car wasn't on? WTF? I just replaced the alternator today.

For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneAug-02-04 05:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#78454, "RE: Holy fuck my brakes went out."
In response to Reply # 5

Did you actually start the car after you reconnected it? It works off engine vacuum dude. No vacuum = tight pedal and bad brakes.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

DSMRoadsterAug-02-04 06:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
#78455, "RE: Holy fuck my brakes went out."
In response to Reply # 5
Aug-02-04 06:31 PM by DSMRoadster

ok who has expriences taking out the brake booster, speak up. After talking with extremeRS, we figured out the booster went bad. i can't suck or blow through that vacuum line, but I can when I disconnect it from the brake booster.

edit* now we think it may be the cylinder. Because when I take off the vacuum line from the booster, i can hear a gush of air coming out from where the line hooks up to the booster. Anyone else have any insight?

For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

DSMRoadsterAug-02-04 07:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
#78458, "RE: Holy fuck my brakes went out."
In response to Reply # 6

yes Master Darkone, I did. I had ExtremeRS on the chat. He guided me through and we came to the conclusion that it's the brake booster.

For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneAug-02-04 07:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#78459, "RE: Holy fuck my brakes went out."
In response to Reply # 7

it feels no different with the booster connected, the engine running? Does it stop when you hook it back up the right way?

Otherwise, probably a bad booster.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

DSMRoadsterAug-02-04 10:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
#78469, "RE: Holy fuck my brakes went out."
In response to Reply # 9

It's the booster, because when I loosened one of the brake lines to the cylinder and stepped on the brakes,the fluid comes gushing out. The vacuum with check valve is ok. It has to be the booster. Now who know's how to take it off?

For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #78439 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic