Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #33199
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Follow up to those that bashed us in the PCM thread" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Previous topic | Next topic
VendorAFX_ManufacturingSep-19-02 04:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
428 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33199, "Follow up to those that bashed us in the PCM thread"

When this thread got out of hand consider this, it started when someone said they would not buy a computer from us because of the price, and further that they would buy a pirated copy. Buying pirated software is illegal. Buying pirated software that my company produced steels money right out of my pocket. That reduces our effective means to produce more products for the market, which are you guys. Why is myself coming down hard on some one that announces to the world that he wants to commit a crime against my company wrong? Not only does this guy want to steal from my company, but also in away he wants to steal from you. If you as the 2GNT community condone criminal activity that hurts my company, why should we continue to produce products for your market, if our efforts are rewarded with theft of our intellectual property?

What makes good customer service? We think it is treating customers fairly, offering the lowest prices we can, and taking care of mistakes that we make. We feel it is treating people like human beings, and helping them when we can. We have helped a lot of you over the years, and a lot of you have helped us. It is a good symbiosis. As for those that condemn our customer service, I read their post, consider who they agree with and quote, and thank god I'm honest.

Visit the Howell Automotive Open House August 20th, 2005. The largest gathering of Chrysler 2.0 engines on the planet.

US Small Business Administration Export Business of the Year for 2003

Visit Howell Automotive at www.howellautomotive.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Kaptain_Mike (Guest)Sep-19-02 04:18 AM

#33200, "RE: Follow up to those that bashed us in the PCM thread"
In response to Reply # 0

Well said Gary. I myself admit that I'm not honest when it comes to software piracy (as 90% of us computer nerds on the boards) BUT when it comes to duplicating a ECU program for a car, that is different. I agree what you're saying about copying and ripping off your ECU ideas. When you left bad feedback for Chris and after you said "condone criminal activity" I really didnt know how/why you did that...then later on in the thread I found out how/why. I agree. Chris is my friend and I talk to him alot on AIM, trust me, he's not really a bad guy at all. He's realy nice, I think he was just trying to be a smartass about it, much how I am 90% of the time, lol. But yes your post just now definitely shedded light on the subject.

Read my post in the other thread. I admit that the "negative" people and their bad experiences with you scared me. But when I turn around and see the devotion and dedication to making a ECU for our cars, that just makes me say "wow". ECU programming is NOT easy, its like burning a EEPROM for a computer circuit board. One wrong burn and the whole thing is fried. Apparently, you put a lot of thought into this. We need more testers and guinea pigs. I want one, but am fearful that something would go horribly wrong with this daily driver of mine that i currently have no problems with .

With that said, I find it exciting to make a stack of boltons that total up to 122 whp on a dyno shoot up to 130-140whp or possibly more. I have my eye on you and this product, I am just sitting back and watching right now, if you know what i mean.

DAMNIT I TYPED TOO MUCH AGAIN ! oh wells heheheh

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

calcio20Sep-19-02 05:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
342 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33201, "RE: Follow up to those that bashed us in the PCM thread"
In response to Reply # 1

Gary-

I, by NO means, said I was going to pirate your product. It will eventually be copied (especially when you go out of business )...it happens. I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression. However, this does not excuse your childish 1st response. (which didn't even make sense) Also, I think you need to stop focusing on me and more on the people with Neon's who are upset with you as well. It's gotten so bad that one of our 2gnt members had to stop payment because their product was in such horrid condition.

Also, while I was at the shootout this year I found more 1g's/2g's that had problems with Howell. It goes on and on. Focus on your CUSTOMERS ....not me.

Thanks to EVERYBODY who has stuck their foot out and backed me up.

-Chris

Gary- Take a look at the feedback now.

Kaptain_Mike (Guest)Sep-19-02 05:12 AM

#33202, "RE: Follow up to those that bashed us in the PCM thread"
In response to Reply # 2

Chris at the same time I hope you realize that I am just seeing both sides, that's all. Chris you're still my boah! *high 5*

VendorAFX_ManufacturingSep-19-02 05:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
428 posts,
#33203, "RE: Follow up to those that bashed us in the PCM thread"
In response to Reply # 2

I quote from your response that generated my response, "....Needless to say, Howell's really trying to make a buck on this. I'm going to wait for somebody else to crack it.... " The only way that drives down the price, it when you buy the pirated software. The theft of copyrighted software is illegal, no matter what you call it.

As for our customer service. Every year are sales to the 2GNT community increase, and this is a fixed market as no more 2GNT cars are being built. We do this by providing good products, good customer service, and reasonable prices. Can you find people that don't like us sure, can you make a general statement like you have and be truthful, no. That fact of the matter we have many satisfied customers, and we have few unsatified, that is the nature of all business. We have plenty of happy customers, and we are doing well satifying their needs, and the needs of the new customers they send us. But thank you for your concern.

Visit the Howell Automotive Open House August 20th, 2005. The largest gathering of Chrysler 2.0 engines on the planet.

tim97rsSep-19-02 05:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#33204, "RE: Follow up to those that bashed us in the PCM thread"
In response to Reply # 4

Im on your side, Gary. My post from the origional thread:

Okay haters!!! Can we just let this go about Gary and Howell automotive??? we have all had good and bad experiences with businesses at one point or another. IT COMES WITH THE TERRITORY!!!!!!!! i personaly talked to the man about my cams/lash adjuster problems and they weren't even his product. HE was as helpful as he could be given the situation and the shit not even being his. He even wanted me to call him back after i got it figured out just so he could know.
Business is business!!! Some customers will be happy, some will not. His organization is one of ther best that deals with our cars and motors. You know anyone else thats established thats as dedicated to the 2gnt/420a community?

Please feel free to express your opinions and move on. If the post dosen't apply to you or isn't about your problem specificly, please don't flame. I think by and large there are MANY more people on this board that are HAPPY with howell than not.
just my $.02

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

ModeratorEvuLFleASep-19-02 05:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#33205, "RE: Follow up to those that bashed us in the PCM thread"
In response to Reply # 4

Rarely will you see someone make a post about "Damn, Howell got me my part right away!" but if someone has a mishap they will always run their mouth. Look at all the people on here that have Howell or AFX products on their car and look how many bad posts there are. Most people are happy with the AFX services and howells bottom end kits etc. Matt was partly to blame on his engine mishap too.

Just like Dino said about the ECU, who the hell is going to copy it or crack it anyway? I have been here long before you and havn't seen ANY company even try to. If you don't want to buy their product fine, wait around and keep hoping. Maybe in a few YEARS you can get one for $50 cheaper!

I don't see how this is so terribly expensive either. A S-AFC runs $300 and will get you maybe 5hp NA. When you have a car that has 115HP at the wheels bone stock and a mod increases horsepower by 10-15hp within the first hour the ecu is on the car that is pretty damn good.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

VendorAFX_ManufacturingSep-19-02 05:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
428 posts,
#33206, "RE: Follow up to those that bashed us in the PCM thread"
In response to Reply # 1

> I admit that the
>"negative" people and their bad experiences with you scared
>me.

You hit the nail on the head. "Negative" people, the world is full of them. According to what we learned in business college, they make up about 20% of the population. They are a group that cause 90% of the problems for business, and buy less than 5% of the offered products. It was something we were warned about in college, and it is a nessisary evil of being in business. Fortunately in college we also learned that silent majorarity see these people for what they are and ignor them to a great extent. Every once and a while I get on my soap box speak to the majority about how things are to let them know we still care.

Gary

Kaptain_Mike (Guest)Sep-19-02 05:42 AM

#33207, "RE: Follow up to those that bashed us in the PCM thread"
In response to Reply # 7

Yes, good point. 50 people saying "omg this company rocks! badass products and services!" makes a business stay strong. But the bad side to that is all you need is one or two people to say "omg i got ripped off , they suck, etc" to destroy all 50 people's good comments. It's sad but that's how the bandwagon of the public works. Always and forever. Today and tommorow. You went to business school, eh? That perked me up for a second. Hey people, come on, at least he was learned how to run a business properly, lol. I have had experiences with people before where I got screwed twice, but I figure let's give them the benefit of the doubt, and see how #3 goes, afterall 3rd time is a charm...well alot of times I got burned a final time, and walked away. But many times, that 3rd chance was all I needed to continue to keep going back as long as the good times outweighed the bad. (Namely I am speaking of Summit Racing right now) So as you can see, it doesnt matter WHO you are....some people will have bad experiences, as some will have 80% badass transactions, but then get in a pinch once and a while. Many times it's the person's own fault why something bad happens. It's kinda the market of MODDING A CAR, lol.

You can't expect to wipe someone elses' ass when it was them who took the shit.

Kaptain_Mike (Guest)Sep-19-02 05:43 AM

#33208, "RE: Follow up to those that bashed us in the PCM thread"
In response to Reply # 8

Forgive me for posting so much on this subject, but I took alot of economics and business crap in high school so this interests me alot. Plus I pretty much help run my current company and a comic book store I used to work in during my high school days, many years ago. So, I take this stuff personally, I like to hear both views, the owner and the customer.

VendorAFX_ManufacturingSep-19-02 06:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
428 posts,
#33209, "RE: Follow up to those that bashed us in the PCM thread"
In response to Reply # 9

Exchange of information is how your learn.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #33199 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Previous topic | Next topic