Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #2485
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Jap-Spec Cyclone Engine?" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
Nitrous_RS1997May-28-01 10:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1311 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2485, "Jap-Spec Cyclone Engine?"

I was just wondering...what is required to swap one of these engines into a NT Eclipse....im assuming Engine/tranny/ECU/axles...is there anything else? also, do the Jap Spec motors get crankwalk also? im trying to talk my friend into doing this...if its as easy as buying the motor and stuff and swapping it it, ill be pissed that i built my motor! thanks for any info.

NitrousEclipse97@aol.com
1997 Eclipse RS
JE Pistons
Crower Rods
75-shot Nitrous Express(wet)
AEM CAI
Greddy EVO Exhaust
NGK Plugs&Wires(one range colder)
Front/Rear Upper Strut bars
Eibach Pro-Kit springs
Tokico Struts
17" Konig Imagines
Yokohama A520's

1994 Eclipse GS-T
Greddy Boost Controller(15psi)
Greddy BOV
Autometer Boost and A/F gauges

1997 Silver RS
Built
T3/T4 BB Turbo
20psi
Most current 1/8th mile time: 8.1@93mph 2.015 60'
1996 Black Supra TT
2004 Silver Snake

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
RAIZINMay-28-01 11:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
775 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2486, "RE: Jap-Spec Cyclone Engine?"
In response to Reply # 0

There are a grip of people around here in So-cal doing it. There is no crankwalk.. it's a 1g engine. It entails the same procedure as swapping in any 4G63. Just need someone to fabricate the motor mounts. A little welding. Most people I've seen that have done it mount the engine forward a little to distribute the weight of the engine directly over the wheels for better fwd traction. There is someone I know that has swapped in a cyclone engine into his 1gNT eclipse and is smoking everyone at the street races. This guy is running 11's. Personally.. I think Cyclones kick ass.. but I'm having too much fun playing with my chrysler engine.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RS_GuyMay-28-01 12:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
484 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2487, "RE: Jap-Spec Cyclone Engine?"
In response to Reply # 0

Honestly........ I don't think its worth it for you to do it. You will be running into a MAJOR transplant job, and in the end you will end up with a better tuned 4G63 motor. I think that it would be easier to get a 2G 4G63 covert it to a 1G block and head, keep the '95 pistons and slap on whatever goodies you wish.

Personally though, the Chrysler engine is much more attractive to me, as it is ALOT newer in design and is quite tough when built properly (and controlled properly i.e. fuel, ignition and boost all tuned in harmony!)

If I ever do pull out my 420A to swap it with another engine, it'll have to be a Skyline engine and nothing less! Tight fit, I know, but I also plan on transferring the 4WD system and the 4WD ECU. It's crazy, and i'll probably never do it, unless I just really want to be "different" (and can afford to be "different").

Guy
RS_Guy

http://www.GTuned.com

-----
www.GTuned.com

Nitrous_RS1997May-29-01 03:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1311 posts,
#2488, "Raizin...."
In response to Reply # 2

What am i looking at in total cost of the engine and everything? there is a shop here that has done it before in a 2g turbo car, and they said it was 500 bucks labor, but what should all the parts cost? including maybe the motor mounts? thanks

NitrousEclipse97@aol.com
1997 Eclipse RS
JE Pistons
Crower Rods
75-shot Nitrous Express(wet)
AEM CAI
Greddy EVO Exhaust
NGK Plugs&Wires(one range colder)
Front/Rear Upper Strut bars
Eibach Pro-Kit springs
Tokico Struts
17" Konig Imagines
Yokohama A520's

1994 Eclipse GS-T
Greddy Boost Controller(15psi)
Greddy BOV
Autometer Boost and A/F gauges

1997 Silver RS
Built
T3/T4 BB Turbo
20psi
Most current 1/8th mile time: 8.1@93mph 2.015 60'
1996 Black Supra TT
2004 Silver Snake

eclipsekaiserMay-29-01 06:05 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#2489, "RE: Raizin...."
In response to Reply # 3

Hmmm I think I might be interested as well. We need more info on the spec as well as the total price to get it done.

-K-

RAIZINMay-29-01 12:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
775 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2490, "RE: Raizin...."
In response to Reply # 4

I was at Pann Auto sport today.. they were doing it for 2500 including parts and labor. Depends on how much they get the engine for and what the condition it's in. They are getting all these JDM engines somewhere at a yard in Las Vegas. Don't ask me why Japanese engines are sitting out in the Desert. But B16 SIR motors, silvia motors etc etc etc.. and once even an old as turbo Evolution motor was found there. Some guy in San Diego put it in his Mirage. Powerhouse Motorsports also says between 2 - 3k for parts and labor. Just like a turbo kit for the 420A but you are not going to blow these engines. Besides.. they are warranted by whoever drops them in. I believe Powerhouse motorsports has one sitting in their garage. Give them a call at (760) 737-7911. Tell them Rick from //935DRAGGERS sent you. I was about to buy one from them for 1200.00 awhile back. But like I said.. I'm having too much fun with my Chrysler. Maybe later I will get the Cyclone and adapt the turbosystem components I have in my 420A to it. All I will need is the manifold and custom piping. Just like magic huh fellaz?

DarkHumorMay-29-01 03:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
21 posts,
#2491, "RE: Raizin...."
In response to Reply # 5

LAST EDITED ON 29-May-01 AT 08:18 PM (PST)

So it can be done? Where can i get more info?

HadesOmegaMay-31-01 08:59 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#2492, "RE: Raizin...."
In response to Reply # 6

heh know what would be cool. A triple rotor engine from the Mazda Cosmo and mate it with a rear biased AWD system. Hoho that would be awesome but quite impossible, that's like major engineering work. I'm fascinated at Rotary Engines, I wish Mazda would have them on all their cars, so powerful yet so light. I think Chevy (I hope I'm wrong and it's Chrysler) has the rights to build cars with rotary engines and resurrect them. I have this one ASF movie of a AE86 (86 Toyota Corrola) with a tri rotor engine and it's like 800 horsies. They showed another 86 tailing the tri rotor 86 and that thing smoked the hell outta those guys! If ne1 wants to see the movie reply and I'll go ahead and upload it to my FTP.

95 Mitsu Eclipse RS
AFX Pulley | Performance Muffler | HKS Air Filter | KYB AGX Shox | Skunk2 Coilovers | FU, RU, RL, and RRE FL Tie/Strut Bars | RS to TSi Rear Disc Mod | RS to TSi upgraded F&R Sway Bar | 97' Spyder Eclipse 5 Spoke Wheels | Star Stage 1 T3/T04E BB Turbo Kit | and 1 HiGhLy SkIlLeD DrIvEr! |

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

klipzracerJun-01-01 12:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#2493, "RE: Raizin...."
In response to Reply # 7

yeah! let's get a URL for that movie!

Chris Dishmon
coming soon:
Iceman CAI(being shipped, where is it DSM1???)
Aerogear Fiberglass hood(finally on!!)
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html

SkrillaJun-03-01 07:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#2494, "they also burn oil..."
In response to Reply # 7

...like crazy. You could expect to top it off every 3500 miles of "spirited" driving. They are impressive but I would prefer a 2 stroke piston layout. Still a twin stroke piston engine won't deliver the performance of any rotary it will save you in gas and oil. The problem is about 99% of automobile engines are 4 stroke which is why the rotary stands out SO much. Now because the Rotary performs like a 2 stroke their 1.3L TT engine (late model 13B) is very similar to the 2.6L TT 4 cylinder. 1 rotor equals about 2 pistons

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

MrClean125Jun-01-01 01:49 AM
Old School 2GNTer
230 posts,
#2495, "RE: Jap-Spec Cyclone Engine?"
In response to Reply # 0

Hey Nitrous............do you know how much HP are you making with your built engine? Just curious.

David
-NGK plugs and wires
-AEM CAI
more on the way....

Dave "The Bald Bull"
97 RS Member of the infamous Barcelona Red Crew

"Free people will never remain free, if they are not willing, if need be, to fight for their vital interests"

"It is better to have died in the ranks of the vanquished warriors th

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #2485 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic