Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137271
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Questions about this block..." Previous topic | Next topic
FabsAug-22-12 07:51 PM
Member since Jun 24th 2011
30 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137271, "Questions about this block..."
Aug-23-12 04:07 PM by Fabs

Hi guys, I just bought the block for my 2.4 project, I went to the junk yard and found this, the guy told me that this became from a Cirrus 2001 (In Mexico), but looks like he doesn't have an idea of the engine...

Is this and EDZ or an EDT? I already looked around the block, and didn't find anything...

Any kind of help will be appreciated, thanks...

To see the pictures you have to erase the space between jp-g, thanks

Pics:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/dsc04265mj.jp g

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/dsc04266xq.jp g

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/217/dsc04269o.jp g

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/dsc04267g.jp g

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
AdministratorCODE4Aug-23-12 02:21 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137272, "RE: Questions about this block..."
In response to Reply # 0

Not sure what an EDT is but are you asking if is an EDV motor? The one with an alternate crank sensor?

Look at the rusty block. Is there a provision for a crank sensor identical to yours? If not, then you cannot use it as intended.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

FabsAug-23-12 02:31 AM
30 posts,
#137273, "RE: Questions about this block..."
In response to Reply # 1

"2.4 Turbo
The turbocharged EDV/EDT is similar to the regular EDZ. Output is 230 hp SAE (172 kW) at 5300 rpm with 250 ft·lbf (339 N·m) of torque at 2200-4400 rpm."

Since I'm using MS, I only want to know if this will fit on 420a head and transmision...

Thanks

AdministratorCODE4Aug-23-12 03:00 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#137274, "RE: Questions about this block..."
In response to Reply # 2

What I am getting at is you can answer that question simply by looking at the crank sensor style/location. Read up on the threads here and over on Neons.org - all the information in the stickies covers any question on block compatibility.

---

2012 2500HD LML

streetlightningAug-23-12 07:45 AM
Member since Mar 19th 2004
778 posts,
#137275, "RE: Questions about this block..."
In response to Reply # 3

^ This.

There is no Reluctor Wheel on that Crank. Looks so far to be a very very ruff EDZ. Theres a few "Block ID" threads here and on neon's. The OPSU hole changes on the earlier one, that should also help you ID if its a 99+. Hope that thing cleans up. : /

you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest, honestly, its the honest ones you need to look out for. you never know when they will do something..stupid

FabsAug-23-12 09:34 AM
30 posts,
#137276, "RE: Questions about this block..."
In response to Reply # 3

Ok, I'll look for it, and posting this up for future researchers...

The block looks rusty but the machine shop told me that everything would be ok, they are going to overbore .020 to clean up all this mess !

alain95i4Aug-23-12 04:17 PM
Member since Jan 28th 2002
794 posts,
#137277, "RE: Questions about this block..."
In response to Reply # 5

after looking at the pictures and reading here I could swear it is a mexican 2.4 turbo engine from the first generation there
clue: oil hose in the back, flat pistons, extra brackets

Alain

one of the 2.4 true pionners

FabsAug-23-12 04:49 PM
30 posts,
#137278, "RE: Questions about this block..."
In response to Reply # 6

Yep, I've been reading and looks like 420a tranny and head will fit without problems, but I'm traying to get some opinions from the experts from here...

FabsAug-23-12 04:56 PM
30 posts,
#137279, "RE: Questions about this block..."
In response to Reply # 7
Aug-23-12 04:57 PM by Fabs

I'm talking with Alain via PM, I think this is important for future researchers...

Info from Alain:

same basic block as the non turbo
the 420a head will fit
the transmission will fit too

Very helpful guy!

streetlightningAug-24-12 10:50 AM
Member since Mar 19th 2004
778 posts,
#137280, "RE: Questions about this block..."
In response to Reply # 8

All info thats already on here : ) I think theres even a 2.4 wiki somewhere? any way, youll be hardpressed to find any missing info on the swap.

you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest, honestly, its the honest ones you need to look out for. you never know when they will do something..stupid

FabsAug-24-12 08:54 PM
30 posts,
#137281, "RE: Questions about this block..."
In response to Reply # 9

Actually there's not info about this block, but it's all clear now !

thanks

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137271 Previous topic | Next topic