Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #117044
View in threaded mode

Subject: "After a year, Stage V underway. Teardown pics!" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Previous topic | Next topic
msl-manFeb-25-07 06:34 AM
Member since Nov 29th 2003
111 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117044, "After a year, Stage V underway. Teardown pics!"

After saying I was going to do it and tearing my engine out a year ago, I finally talked with brad at Hahn and will be installing a stage V on my 98 RS. Just wanted to let everyone who wants to look at a few pics of my tear down. I'm thinking after recieving the parts it'll be summer before shes running but I couldn't wait to post anymore! I'll keep sending pics of the install if people are interested. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions in the process anyway. Any comments or suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks for all the help over the years Guys! This site has always saved my ass!

BTW I've got a new DS fendor to replace the dented one in the pic. Needless to say I can't really take it to a body shop yet.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
C L U T C HFeb-25-07 02:24 PM
Member since Feb 19th 2007
79 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117045, "RE: After a year, Stage V underway. Teardown pics!"
In response to Reply # 0

Nice, Good Luck with that , I'll sure be back here to watch the progress

CLUTCH

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse982nrRSTFeb-25-07 02:30 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#117046, "RE: After a year, Stage V underway. Teardown pics!"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by C L U T C H
Nice, Good Luck with that , I'll sure be back here to watch the progress

Me too. Have fun w/ the rebuild. I am in the same boat right now with rebuilding again

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

msl-manFeb-25-07 03:19 PM
111 posts,
#117047, "RE: After a year, Stage V underway. Teardown pics!"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
Originally posted by C L U T C H Nice, Good Luck with that , I'll sure be back here to watch the progress
Me too. Have fun w/ the rebuild. I am in the same boat right now with rebuilding again

Hey thanks guys. Good luck with yours too! Its nice to know theres people out there who are as into their 2gnt's as I am. I think I have one of the only ones up here in Montana. Anyway my current list is pretty standard and includes:

-JE 8.8 pistons
-Eagle Rods
-ARP Headstuds
-Titanium valve springs & retainers
-Hahn Stage II turbo kit w/ BOV upgrade
-20g Upgrade
-FMIC of course
-Hahn portfueler
-Thermal exhaust w/ 3" downpipe, test pipe, etc.
-Greddy Profec B type s.(The Hahn Specail)w/ remote control
-MSD Dis 2 ignition
-Stage 4 clutch
-Quaife LSD

I'm know I'm missing something but It'll come to me at the last minute I'm sure. My car currently has KYB AGX adjustables, eibach springs, 18" wheels w/ BFG comp T/A KDW's, AF/X underdrive pulley, so I don't think suspension will be an issue anymore but who knows. I'm hoping to push around 350 horsepower. Any further suggestions would be great!

msl-manMar-26-07 04:59 PM
111 posts,
#117048, "RE: After a year, Stage V underway. Teardown pics!"
In response to Reply # 3
Mar-26-07 06:17 PM by msl-man

Just a quick update and question if anybody is listening. I got my turbo kit UPS last week and ordered my pistons and engine components. I ordered crane 14 cams and should get them in a few weeks as Crane has to custom build them I guess. Do I need to make any modifications to the head or can I just replace the springs/ retainers (which I'm planning on anyway). Thanks guys. BTW hoping to have everything done sometime in June.

foggy45Mar-26-07 06:05 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#117049, "RE: After a year, Stage V underway. Teardown pics!"
In response to Reply # 4
Mar-26-07 06:05 PM by foggy45

if your going that far i would upgrade the lifters and rockers too.
then the porting and valve work are all gonna be based on the final HP goals and expected powerband you will be in mostly. (ie Drag, street, x-cross)

if you arent happy with the journals in the head for the cams, some machine shops can bore them out then press in new journal bearings, again depends on how perfect ya need em

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

cc8ballaMar-27-07 03:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
451 posts,
#117050, "RE: After a year, Stage V underway. Teardown pics!"
In response to Reply # 5

Keep this thread updated. I know I, and probably others, like to see projects as they are worked on and completed. Looks like you got a fucking great place to work on it too. Keep it up

Jason|1997 Eclipse RS

I contributed to the wiki!

happy p'ple

C L U T C HMar-27-07 10:55 AM
Member since Feb 19th 2007
79 posts,
#117051, "RE: After a year, Stage V underway. Teardown pics!"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by cc8balla
Keep this thread updated. I know I, and probably others, like to see projects as they are worked on and completed. Looks like you got a fucking great place to work on it too. Keep it up

Don't forget pictures ,

Want to see progress. components pictures everything. make this the bible :p

CLUTCH

AggressionMar-29-07 08:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#117052, "RE: After a year, Stage V underway. Teardown pics!"
In response to Reply # 7

I've heard the crane 14's aren't that great and people don't notice much of a difference from stock...right Mike!

Crower 2's FTW!

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

msl-manMar-29-07 01:42 PM
111 posts,
#117053, "RE: After a year, Stage V underway. Teardown pics!"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by Aggression
I've heard the crane 14's aren't that great and people don't notice much of a difference from stock...right Mike! Crower 2's FTW!

Bummer! They're already ordered my friend. I guess at least they'll look good in my list of mods right! ha. Anyway, I'll post some more pics of the new parts within the next week or so as I begin installing the fuel system. I'm also looking to get the turbo housing chrome plated. I'm not sure if that is a good idea or not but I'm looking into it(along with the hahn manifold and the intercooler piping). Will try to keep this thread updated over the next month or so.

mreigleApr-03-07 05:17 AM
Member since Jun 21st 2006
426 posts,
#117054, "RE: After a year, Stage V underway. Teardown pics!"
In response to Reply # 9

From what I have read you need a larger intake manifold to take advantage of the #14 lobe design.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #117044 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Previous topic | Next topic